Is everyone a veteran?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
01/24/2016 03:03 PMPosted by Verdre
Levarion, sucks that you lost your old account. Worst part is, its probably still sitting in their archives somewhere. That's the real burn.

trust me it does, when i first tried guessing my old email address and pass, i threw the biggest fit when i saw that invalid screen

Then again I had to get over it, I was trying to put wow away for some time and forgot to record my info (i knew it by heart at the time)

Needless to say, a very hard lesson well learned
01/24/2016 02:09 PMPosted by Erupton
All I hear is, "i wish it was vanilla", or," wotlk was the BEST, not this crap." I personally started in Mists of Pandaria, and then got into it in WoD. I'm sure there is someone out there who started when I did right?

I started in Vanilla :-)

was 13 when i started playing this game, am 24 now lol
Joined 7/1/2006, so yes i am a vanilla baby :)
I started in BC, and I kind of classify myself as "veteran". Alrhough, I'm sure long term players since Vanilla still think of the BC babies as "babies", still. I understand that feeling because I still consider Wrath Babies as "babies".

All in all, it really doesn't matter when you started. Although, I'm pretty surprised there's still "new" people joining the dark si...I mean video game. However, I still view those who started in Wrath and beyond as "babies". Just how I view it. However, the Wrath group are just as "veteran", but you'll always be "babies" to me <3
01/24/2016 02:57 PMPosted by Levarion
The only reason it doesnt reflect on my account is because I had to start to all the way over since I just came back in WoD and i couldnt remember squat about my old account info.

so... you don't know your own name?
Everyone has been playing since vanilla alpha. How do you know? Oh don't worry. They will tell you.
01/24/2016 03:02 PMPosted by Evilmuffin
01/24/2016 02:49 PMPosted by Torghen
Fun, yes. But only after walking uphill in the snow. For five miles.

But, see, we're dorfs. Dorfs automatically have immunity to the walking uphill in the snow requirement, because that was all we did back in the day.

XD

Well, let me tell ya. Back in my day, my dad would wake us up half an hour before we went to bed, make us push a boulder uphill in ten feet of snow for five miles just so we could get a pint of spoiled black ale before we headed down to Loch Modan to kill boars for twenty-nine hours each day while standing in the lake. And all the gear that dropped was "of the Whale." Ahhh, those were the days.
I think I started a little before BWL because I vaguely remember a friend of mine talking about it but I was in my 40s or so at the time. I do remember running MC for a lot of Vanilla and the AQ server crashing crisis.
01/24/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Galabris
People who started post BC aren't veterans. They can be good and experienced to be sure, but the game took massive shifts in design and approach in Wrath and beyond. You can't appreciate BC and vanilla if you never played them in their prime.

Having played from Vanilla to now, I have to say in terms of actual good game design:

TBC/Wrath > Catalysm > Vanilla > MOP > trashcan > WOD.
01/24/2016 02:22 PMPosted by Poppen
01/24/2016 02:19 PMPosted by Juzzieb
I started 2 weeks ago but im already level 60 so I think that proves im good enough to have my opinion if I can level fast like sonic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Juzzieb/achievement#81:a1705

You had to look at his achievements?I knew he was bull!@#$ting when i saw his title xD
01/24/2016 02:33 PMPosted by Poppen
01/24/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Poppen
I just think how common it is for someone to say they have played since closed beta with FoS only dating back to last year

01/24/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Verdre
I've been around since Vanilla

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Verdre/achievement#81:a4782

See what I mean? I know hers is from 2010 but lets just wait and see what excuse we get. 'Stolen account'..'I wanted to start fresh'.....

I see these all too often.

One of the most annoying things to me is that when I faction changed the character I'd mained for most of BC, it reset the achievement date for getting the Black War Bear - a few days after achieves were released, because my Sunwell farming/server first guild made a point of going out and raiding the faction leaders... when they were turned for level 80, and we were level 70. I also had to wait a week to get the Sunwell achievement, because even though KJ was on farm for us, I was an engineer/tailor, so I used the crafted robes and goggles, and was still using the mace from Twins. :(

I mean, I still have a ton of other crap on that character, including the Scepter of Celebras, the UBRS ring, Onyxia cape/neck, and T3 ring, but it's still disappointing.
Yeah, started in 1967. Retired in 1987. That's not what this thread is about, but that's what I thought when I saw the title. Forgive an old man his Oldtimer's disease, okay?
I think I started about halfway through Wrath. It's so unimportant to me that I can't really remember. Not sure why people care about how long someone's been playing.
Well, as far as the game goes, I'm sure we've all fought in one war or another, so I guess we are all veterans.
Started in BC myself though I didn't hit cap on my first alt until Wrath because I kept making new alts to see what they were like, heh. :)

You could get a fairly decent idea what Vanilla was like in BC as most of the pre-60 game was the same with some exceptions.
01/24/2016 02:33 PMPosted by Poppen
See what I mean? I know hers is from 2010 but lets just wait and see what excuse we get. 'Stolen account'..'I wanted to start fresh'.....

Verdre is my oldest currently EXISTING toon. I've deleted god knows how many toons. I don't have any toons that date back that far anymore. Of course that falls into your view that I am Of Course lying.

Calm down, none of us are saying you are lying...your account says you are lying.
The thing that annoys me is I originally played guild wars, and really wanted that game to take off. (GW and WoW came out around the same time.) The PvP in GW was fun and the game itself had a lot of potential, but it just stagnated at end-game. So a year went by and when I started playing WoW I was kicking myself for wasting all that time in GW.

:|
wonder if my account lies as this is my oldest character (was originally a male NE)