Is everyone a veteran?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
01/24/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Zepp
Calm down, none of us are saying you are lying...your account says you are lying.

LOL +1
Calm down, no one is saying you are lying...your account says you are lying.

My Subscription History says I'm telling the truth. I just didn't get involved in any events that granted Feats of Strength. All you can do is judge based on the earliest FoS that I have. Did it occur I didn't do any of the events that granted those FoS?

Somaliu, your Subscription History won't lie. Your FoS may present a different story, but your Sub History won't lie.

EDIT: Somaliu, your FoS show 2008 for the earliest. An event I didn't participate in.
01/24/2016 03:34 PMPosted by Verdre

My Subscription History says I'm telling the truth. I just didn't get involved in any events that granted Feats of Strength. All you can do is judge based on the earliest FoS that I have. Did it occur I didn't do any of the events that granted those FoS?

Somaliu, your Subscription History won't lie. Your FoS may present a different story, but your Sub History won't lie.

EDIT: Somaliu, your FoS show 2008 for the earliest. An event I didn't participate in.

ya and the event was the opening of the dark portal for the pre-expansion event from The Boring Crusade.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eitrigg/Somaliu/achievement#81:a2079
I main'd a belf pally in vanilla. Those were the days. Running Molten Core lfr with the guys. Biggest problem we had back then was with guys from other servers. They would use mass summon to bring all their friends to wintergrasp and camp it. Such a pain. Oh and the guildies that would ninja from the guild bank.... I guess some things never change. At least I had shadowmorne.
Somaliu, actually the oldest I see is the Competitor's Tabard. 10/15/2008

A few items below that.

You didn't log in at all during November 2008 or 2009?
Didn't play between late 2007 until early 2010. Didn't have any stable net access during that time period.

But of course, you can only judge by my FoS. It looks like everyone has already made up their mind that I'm lying. So why bother?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Serrar/simple

I've raided on my rogue since Vanilla, but I don't think it's really very relevant. Most of the vanilla discussions are just rose colored glasses fests, or at worst totally ignorant.

Vanilla would be reviled in today's industry, the same is also probably true of TBC.
01/24/2016 02:09 PMPosted by Erupton
I personally started in Mists of Pandaria, and then got into it in WoD. I'm sure there is someone out there who started when I did right?

I downloaded the starter edition on Aug 31, 2014 which is around the end of MoP.
And people wonder why I have account wide achievements turned off.
01/24/2016 03:48 PMPosted by Solaru

because you are just that awesome ?

I'd believe you, but you don't seem to have any achievement before 2010. Unless you're trying to tell us you did nothing but come online and sit around for 2 years, i'm calling bs.
01/24/2016 03:48 PMPosted by Solaru

You're worried people will call you out for stuffs? Unless you're lying about how long you've being playing or what content you've completed, it really doesn't matter.

Not sure why any of this matters in here though, I already proved that we're pretty much all veterans.

Only ones that aren't, are brand new players still in the starting zones.
I started my first toon (not this one) in June 2007, which was in the middle of BC. I got my 3rd toon (a mage on Alliance at the time) to level 70 and then this toon (my 2nd) hit 70 a week before Wrath dropped. I raided a little in Karazhan on my mage and did a fair amount of PvP to get sorta geared before going into Karazhan, and my first raiding experience was pretty good. I consider this toon my main; I leveled her up to 80 first, and I joined a raiding guild because I liked raiding. I didn't raid all that much in BC mostly because of the fact that there were hardly any catch-up mechanisms in place, so I wasn't geared enough for this or that. I don't PvP at all anymore. And the rest is history.

So do I consider myself a veteran? Yeah, mostly. I wasn't cutting edge at the start but I was around since BC. And I do agree with the sentiment that it doesn't matter when you started; your opinion is just as valid as the next person's. I don't give a flying flip if you were here since vanilla. That doesn't magically make your opinion any more or less valid.
Already stated that I didn't play between late 2007 and early 2010.

But, it seems that everyone has already made up their mind.

The topic was interesting, until the mockery started.
01/24/2016 03:39 PMPosted by Verdre
Somaliu, actually the oldest I see is the Competitor's Tabard. 10/15/2008

A few items below that.

FYI, achievements didn't become a thing until 2008. Any achievement you completed pre-2008 is dated as 2008.
Not everyone is a veteran, but if you are, you might as well bring it up once in a while.

It reminds me of a joke about *insert trendy thing here* people. For example, how can you tell if someone is a Mac user? Give it a minute. He'll tell you.
01/24/2016 03:58 PMPosted by Verdre
Already stated that I didn't play between late 2007 and early 2010.

But, it seems that everyone has already made up their mind.

The topic was interesting, until the mockery started.

Too be honest, I haven't got a clue what you're all even fighting about ^.^ I just looked at general achievements and wrote stuffs.

This whole thread is kind of a massive joke.
01/24/2016 03:53 PMPosted by Borlerish
I'd believe you, but you don't seem to have any achievement before 2010. Unless you're trying to tell us you did nothing but come online and sit around for 2 years, i'm calling bs.

This is sort of a loaded argument. The only stuff from Vanilla which would have trackable achievements are basically Brewfest and the Tabard of the Light Bringer; the rest would fall under stuff such as quests completed for tracking purposes.

Whilst 2010 is a bit late, I knew some people who quit in vanilla / early BC but came back as late as wrath. It's far from unheard of, and if they didn't collect (or hold onto) a few specific items for years.. They'd have no way of proving it short of sub billing history.
01/24/2016 02:33 PMPosted by Poppen
01/24/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Poppen
I just think how common it is for someone to say they have played since closed beta with FoS only dating back to last year

01/24/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Verdre
I've been around since Vanilla

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Verdre/achievement#81:a4782

See what I mean? I know hers is from 2010 but lets just wait and see what excuse we get. 'Stolen account'..'I wanted to start fresh'.....

I see these all too often.

i started in classic but all of my earliest achieves only go to 2008