Flask of Oil: still not dropping?

Professions

This is bugging the crap out of me...I want to make some jumper cables on my engineer but I lack this reagent. The patch notes say that it should now drop from harvest reapers, but it must be very low, and as far as I can tell there is only one spot where harvest reapers appear (southeast Westfall). So it looks like this still isn't dropping.

Has anyone else seen it drop since the patch?
Don't make jumper cables, make the army knife instead. It has the functionality of the cables with a higher success rate.
02/10/2011 7:50 AMPosted by Scrim
Don't make jumper cables, make the army knife instead. It has the functionality of the cables with a higher success rate.

QFT

I'll make that once my engineer has the skill to craft it. For now I'd like some jumper cables...which leads me back to my original question: anyone seen Flask of Oil drop since the patch?
Yes.

Just don't ask me where.

Could be dwarf area in So. Barrens. Or some lowbie mechas. Been doing zone achievements and it's all starting to blend together. Too bad you're not on my realm, I have in my banks...somewhere.

Someone's getting it to drop. I was selling the flasks I had in inventory for 75-125g each and a couple have appeared on the AH post-patchfor 3g.
It doesn't drop. If you read the patch note, it says that it can be harvested from them with the engineer skill. So you have to kill it, loot it, de-engineer it for salvage.

--edit--
"Flask of Oil is now obtainable to craft Goblin Jumper Cables and Gnomish Universal Remote from using Engineering to mine Harvest Reapers."

I was mining it from the corpses it with my lowbie engineer, and I didn't see it drop. Maybe I just didn't farm long enough.
I've had the same issue. I (blimp) you not I've been at it for the better part of 4 hours harvesting to get the flask of oil. No dice. At this point I'd pay 100 gold to 200 gold for two. It seems dumb however for Bliz to screw us engineers over like this. If anyone knows of the place to get it please give me a heads up. For now I'm going back to leveling.

I got feed up with it after I realized I had mulitple of the green items that drop from these monsters. which means I'm cycling up. If I'm not getting flask of oil, which is a gray item I might add, but i'm getting green items, which are rarer, then it's not worth my time.
Went to Westfall, killed and mined 200+ reapers, and not a drop of oil. Their patch note is basically a lie. Other forums stated GM said the drops are dead. Nice going Blizzard! Keep screwing with the working areas of the game and you will have no players left.
Jakarr of Drak'thul
I was on a site and since version 4.0.6 they are drop from harvest reapers by engineering them, my engineer has tried and killed over 100 and had no luck with this oil, it's really starting to tick me off.
wtf is de-engineer something? i have engi and another production class on my noob. am still unable to find flasks of oil aswell. i have killed maybe 100-200 oozes in west fall goblin overseers and everything that wowhead says drops this stuff.. the % are a lie...
05/22/2011 11:33 PMPosted by Clamhammer
wtf is de-engineer something? i have engi and another production class on my noob. am still unable to find flasks of oil aswell. i have killed maybe 100-200 oozes in west fall goblin overseers and everything that wowhead says drops this stuff.. the % are a lie...

De-enginering it is where u salavage it from its dead body where u click on it and use ur salavage skill.(that all enginers passivly get).
the drop rates are not a lie there just from salavaging it same with jeeves + other items ffor enginering lol.
I bought all the ones that were like 30 silver when I saw this.

Since then, I've reposted them for one gold. No one is buying anyway.
Is this like herbalizing bog lords or skinning beasts, where you don't get the option to de-engineer unless you've looted it entirely?
Why did someone feel the need to necro a thread that's been dead for three months?
Re: necro:

Probably because they evidently are still not dropping.
I'm gonna have to jump on the band wagon here. I ran around Westfall last night for a good while on my engineer killing and harvesting reapers to no avail. Got on this morning and thought I'd give it a shot again, ran around killing and harvesting. Nothing!

1. These things aren't dropping

or

2. The odds of finding one are the same as winning the $100,000,000 lottery.
This drop is so lame. I got 2 flasks in nearly, but less than, 100 kills, and i had to salvage for them.