The Exalted Title

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 17 Next
I'm glad they are reversing the decision, but I wouldn't say it restores trust. This is the equivalent of a friend stealing my car, then returning it three days later and saying he's sorry. I'm still very skeptical of Blizzard's motives at this point.

Like the Real ID fiasco, this is a step in the right direction, but the very idea that they conceived of doing this in the first place is a big red flag. It is simply one more in a steadily increasing pile of outrageously bad ideas that make me wonder about Blizzard.

Seriously? This statement seems completely ridiculous to me as is your analogy.

It is more like your friend called you "the BOSS" cos you killed all 40 bosses in a video game series then you cry when he stops calling you "the BOSS" and only does so for Bill who has killed all 50 since the new version came out, you cry so loud that your friend agrees to call you "the BOSS" again.

The title was 40 in WotLK.

They added 6 reputations.

They asked you to get 10.

They added at least 8 and probably there will be more as the expansion progresses.
The technology to let people keep titles from an achievement should already exist.
When an achievement has a reward associated with it, have that achievement grant a hidden achievement stating that "this player has this reward".
Then, if you need to move rewards around you can. You can just change which achievement grants the hidden achievement.

Kudos for the reversion of this decision.
Thank you. <3
I'm still very skeptical of Blizzard's motives at this point.

Like the Real ID fiasco, this is a step in the right direction, but the very idea that they conceived of doing this in the first place is a big red flag. It is simply one more in a steadily increasing pile of outrageously bad ideas that make me wonder about Blizzard.

I trust Blizzard's motives are good. I know I've done a lot of stupid things in life with the best of intentions due to not thinking about the consequences, and I think that's the mistake Blizzard keeps repeating.

But I definitely agree things like this send up a big red flag. I feel like Blizzard has been making big decisions that fundamentally change the relationship with customers without really thinking about the consequences, and that is very disturbing.
Thank you Blizzard. <3
Thank you Bash and Bliz! I was sorta sullen about this, and then annoyed, and then angry.. apparently not as angry as some folks were.. and they clearly made the wrong decision on how to express their annoyance. I really had little hope that this was going to be reverted but I stand corrected and in your awe. You have more than proved yourselves capable of listening to the little guys and I thank you. Don't expect me to forget this the next time a change occurs, for better or worse.

Wear your titles proudly, everyone.
Bashiok,
For those of us who were upset by the changes but tried our best to communicate our frustrations in a constructive manner, we thank you guys for listening to our pleas. It means a lot that Blizzard listens to its customers. I look forward to getting my favorite title back.
Well done, I think that goes a long way to restoring a lot of people's faith in Blizzard as a fair and reasonable custodian of our characters and their hard won achievements.

Interesting the changes that cause the most fuss.

Sure, 50 is a greater percentage of factions available now than 40 was back in wrath (but to me only needing 40 back then was prolly a little low, with the 53 obtainable ones).

For such a title, it actually makes sense to increase the number of factions required in order to keep it as new factions get introduced.

However, maybe instead of just removing it from all of those who had it but didn't have enough new one's to keep it, they could instead of introduced a "Revered" title and set it at the old exalted title requirement. That way people would've still had a title linked to the Achievement Series and all of this fuss may have been avoided.

Interesting the changes that cause the most fuss.

Sure, 50 is a greater percentage of factions available now than 40 was back in wrath (but to me only needing 40 back then was prolly a little low, with the 53 obtainable ones).

For such a title, it actually makes sense to increase the number of factions required in order to keep it as new factions get introduced.

However, maybe instead of just removing it from all of those who had it but didn't have enough new one's to keep it, they could instead of introduced a "Revered" title and set it at the old exalted title requirement. That way people would've still had a title linked to the Achievement Series and all of this fuss may have been avoided.

Except that the achievement is getting reps to -exalted-, not to -revered-. A series of titles wouldn't be out of line though. "The Exalted" "The Venerated" "The Legend(ary)" might make more sense as they denote the same intrinsic definition, but don't use the other synonyms that are already associated with factions.

How cool would it be to have a title that was just the word "The", before your name?

The Gwilldor.
This is good new as I found the loss of my title very depressing. I don't think that Blizzard realized How attached this title was to a lot of players. I hope that Blizzard has learned a lesson from this. If they had communicated this before the parch, not only would we had been prepared, for and started to farm additional rep so as not to lose our titles. Also It would of allowed player feed back, before the patch, giving us players a chance, to change Blizzard's mind. In any case a lot of the unpleasantness could of been avoided.
Sir, I was one of those individuals who borderlined the code of conduct. I was so upset with what seemed like disregard to your customers that I did in fact cancel my subscription with the stipulation that if it were to be reverted I would again resubscribe. I appreciate the honesty and up-frontness of your response and continue to just be open with the community. I hope that the developers truly understand and empathize the passion that many of us have in this game. I currently can't log into battle.net account management, but as soon as I do I will be re-adding my subscription.

TLDR; Thank you for understanding that many of us are extremely passionate about your product and I (as well as many others) appreciate this reversion.
They added at least 8 and probably there will be more as the expansion progresses.

They took away the ability to earn Shen'dralar, and Zandalar Tribe rep. They also made it extremely difficult to receive Hydraxian Waterlords and Brood of Nozdormu rep, by removing their quest chains, and quest givers.
Thank you for giving us back what we already had and earned.

As for the entire process, I sincerely hope Blizzard looks at how incredibly poorly this was handled. From a gameplay perspective, if you randomly negate everything because something better will always be available later, you may as well shut down the entire game - it's admitting that nothing other than endless grinding matters.

As for the customer service angle, does anybody at Blizzard ever stop to think about the customers at this point? I routinely see Blizzard showing its arrogance by making fairly chaotic choices or showing disregard for the player base, but more and more having to reverse itself or breaking something. Admittedly, MMORPGs are a living design, but it's almost like Blizzard equates financial gain to perfection and feels no need to care for its customers. I'd ask each Blizzard employee to think about the last time they stopped and thought about the customer and what they could do/did do to make it a better, much less fun, experience.

I generally like the game, but I really dislike what Blizzard supplies as customer service.
I was actually in favor of the change
This is somewhat annoying.

Here have this.

No wait you can't have it, you have to re-earn it. (fine, off i go)

Oh, hang on, wait, have it back.

So... can we have our feat of strength for Keymaster now please?
way to cave in to the cry babies blizzard. as blizzard has said themselves there's certain things that are rewards for completing hard achievements when they're hard, not patches or even expansions later when the achievement then because trivial.

an example is the black/plagued proto drakes that were achievements for completing the top tier of raid content in 3.0 and were removed as rewards when new content came out in 3.1. the exalted title should be a reward for being exalted with nearly all the factions in the game, like it was in wrath. you shouldn't hand out the same reward to people who complete the content now when it's trivial as you did to people who completed it when it was difficult. or, a much better option, is to leave the exalted title alone at 40 reputations like it always was and give a new title for 50, i suggest the legendary.
I'm a little disappointed by the fact that this was moved back to having only requiring 40. I grinded out the 40 reps before the patch hit on the off chance it would remain at 40.

When it was changed to 50 I was not upset at all. I was actually quite glad. It gave me something to strive towards. So this change back to 40 reps is actually a little disappointing for me. 40 reps just does not seem worthy of the title any more is all.
Thank you.