The Exalted Title

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 17 Next
02/11/2011 8:37 PMPosted by Mendhi
I do hope my topic was helpful.

I think it was :) You kept it going pretty well.

Indeed. Well done on keeping it civil :)
I'd shake your hand if I could.

Bravo, good job.
that's kind of the point isn't it? If it was meaningful the first time, wouldn't it be meaningful the second time? I can understand having recognition for the first achievement, but really is it that important to quit entirely as some have committed to doing?

Apparently, for some people, it was that important. And you're continuing to ask the question after they've already said so. I don't think you're going to convince them otherwise, which is what it seems like you're trying to do.
Ok, so logically speaking if peoples concept of enjoying the game was earning 40 exalted reputations to get the title. Wouldn't they also enjoy achieving 10 more to get the same said title?

I know, crazy right? People do the same dungeons over and over and over and over again for gear they've gotten on other characters, why is this soooo much different.

The difference is for me that those last few reputations fall into the area of the Insane title (which no, I don't really want to grind yet) or PVP factions (loooong) or Hydraxian (months to get through Revered).

I couldn't just "grind a few more easy reps" and be done with it. The Exalted is my favorite title by far, losing it was fairly upsetting, especially after the effor put into and the extra extreme effort I'd have had to do to get it back.

I would have been okay if it was shifted to 45 reputations, that's not into the range of the super hardcore reps, but is still higher than 40.

Looking forward to Blizzard having the ability to dynamically credit for achievements. :)

Here's the cool part. Nobody and nothing has diminished your accomplishment. It is the same no matter what blizz does. Do you think that anyone who killed the LK at 5% buff is less rewarded than someone who did it at 30%? Those that killed him without a huge buff still killed him without it. They are still entitlted to the satisfaction they felt for doing it. Likewise you are still capable of knowing you achieved that title before the requirements were changed. you're no less of a man/woman/gamer because of it.

Do you really think that anyone that plays the game and strolls past your toon and sees your title cares at all about it? There is exactly one person in this world that cares about your title and accomplishments and it's the person that logs into your account. Nobody else does, and nobody else will remember what you did or didn't have at any particular time. You achieved, enjoy it for what it was. Don't let the pixellation diminish your accomplishment.
02/11/2011 7:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
We didn’t let people know beforehand that we were making this change. A pretty cut and dry error on our part. We take full responsibility for not communicating the change properly, and apologize for the frustration it added to the situation

if you guys could do this more often, that'd be awesome (see: insane, etc).

Here's hoping for a new trend... although you guys are good at getting my hopes up.

Thank you for giving our titles back for who earned it.
02/11/2011 7:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
This technology would allow us to let players keep titles or items they’ve already earned, while ensuring we don’t get stuck in a position where we have to continually generate new rewards just so those who earned them originally don’t lose them.

Items? I'm hoping that does not indicate that, at some point in the future, the rewards for things like the Glory achievements will just get moved every tier instead of a new mount being added. That would be disappointing. Certain titles - like the Exalted - I could understand, but I'd rather see new rewards for the big R&D and PVP achivements/metas.
This title took me alot of time to get it.

Ty
Items? I'm hoping that does not indicate that, at some point in the future, the rewards for things like the Glory achievements will just get moved every tier instead of a new mount being added. That would be disappointing. Certain titles - like the Exalted - I could understand, but I'd rather see new rewards for the big R&D and PVP achivements/metas.

Wasn't he referring to the keys?
02/11/2011 9:01 PMPosted by Jolissa
that's kind of the point isn't it? If it was meaningful the first time, wouldn't it be meaningful the second time? I can understand having recognition for the first achievement, but really is it that important to quit entirely as some have committed to doing?

Apparently, for some people, it was that important. And you're continuing to ask the question after they've already said so. I don't think you're going to convince them otherwise, which is what it seems like you're trying to do.

I guess i'm just tired of the majority complaint. X was done while Y wasn't approved during Z's time experience. You are not blizzard, you're a paying customer to the service they provide. You choose, to come here. You choose, to continue paying them for the service they provide of this particular sense of enjoyment. You also choose, to come here complaining after you've already decided to quit. If you truly desired to quit, you wouldn't care what was said here on this forum. You would wash your hands of it and actually quit. The people that come here to quit simply do so out of some sense of entitlement or simply to express some feeling they don't intend to carry through.

I've not played this game since launch. I began in the late summer of 2007 just before wotlk came out. I've enjoyed the game ever since. Why? Because it's fun. Because when I log on I can do something that takes me away from work/life/marriage/school or whatever might be going on. That's what games are for. To become so invested that you're willing to throw out all of your accomplishments over somethign so trivial is very disturbing. I find that to be a troubling thought.

How will you react when something actually pertinant happens in your life?

Edit was to add a Y...I guess I should complain that something wasn't there that should have been?
Thank you! Made my day all the better, killed a new raid boss and getting my title back!
As someone who started out super slow on getting achievements and working my way up to the over 9k achievement, getting The Exalted title was one of my most prized titles and moments! I honestly never thought (being the procrastinator that I am and starting a lot later than my achievement hoarding boyfriend :P ), that I would have the patience to actually get up to the 40 exalted reps that I did, and in fact only did so after the cata reps came out.

To some, this wasn't much of an accomplishment since I didn't fight tooth and nail for all the vanilla, BC and wrath reps that were harder than most to get, but to me....I rocked it for myself :)

Just wanted to say THANK YOU, BLIZZ for putting this title back in the game at the 40 exalted reps..I wore it with pride and was so disappointed and saddened to see it gone. It's awesome to know that you guys do listen and take what we have to say into consideration.

And just so ya know..I'm up to 42 reps and don't plan on stopping there...just don't have the time to go back and do all the rep I should have done years ago...eventually, hopefully, but am happy to put my title back on and wear it with pride!
I'm just glad that things got resolved so quickly, and that people listened. Stonarius did a huge break down on the way titles have changed and been removed and why this was a much different case.

The difference is for me that those last few reputations fall into the area of the Insane title (which no, I don't really want to grind yet) or PVP factions (loooong) or Hydraxian (months to get through Revered).

I couldn't just "grind a few more easy reps" and be done with it. The Exalted is my favorite title by far, losing it was fairly upsetting, especially after the effor put into and the extra extreme effort I'd have had to do to get it back.

I would have been okay if it was shifted to 45 reputations, that's not into the range of the super hardcore reps, but is still higher than 40.

Looking forward to Blizzard having the ability to dynamically credit for achievements. :)

Here's the cool part. Nobody and nothing has diminished your accomplishment. It is the same no matter what blizz does. Do you think that anyone who killed the LK at 5% buff is less rewarded than someone who did it at 30%? Those that killed him without a huge buff still killed him without it. They are still entitlted to the satisfaction they felt for doing it. Likewise you are still capable of knowing you achieved that title before the requirements were changed. you're no less of a man/woman/gamer because of it.

Do you really think that anyone that plays the game and strolls past your toon and sees your title cares at all about it? There is exactly one person in this world that cares about your title and accomplishments and it's the person that logs into your account. Nobody else does, and nobody else will remember what you did or didn't have at any particular time. You achieved, enjoy it for what it was. Don't let the pixellation diminish your accomplishment.

I said nothing about how prestigious it was/is. I don't care if it's easier/harder to obtain, but if Blizzard wanted to make it harder without going all the way to the extreme, they could have chosen 45 instead of back to 40.

Though, I appreciate you telling me I don't have any friends that I worked with or helped me work towards the title or achievements and no one cares about me or will remember what we did together.

By the way, I stroll past people with awesome titles/mounts all the time and it tells me a) that they like that title for some reason (fits well with their name, proud of it, like how it looks etc.) and/or b) they could be pretty skilled.
I guess i'm just tired of the majority complaint. X was done while Y wasn't approved during Z's time experience. You are not blizzard, you're a paying customer to the service the provide. You choose, to come here. You choose, to continue paying them for the service they provide of this particular sense of enjoyment. You also choose, to come here complaining after you've already decided to quit. If you truly desired to quit, you wouldn't care what was said here on this forum. You would wash your hands of it and actually quit. The people that come here to quit simply do so out of some sense of entitlement or simply to express some feeling they don't intend to carry through.

I've not played this game since launch. I began in the late summer of 2007 just before wotlk came out. I've enjoyed the game ever since. Why? Because it's fun. Because when I log on I can do something that takes me away from work/life/marriage/school or whatever might be going on. That's what games are for. To become so invested that you're willing to throw out all of your accomplishments over somethign so trivial is very disturbing. I find that to be a troubling thought.

How will you react when something actually pertinant happens in your life?

Well, I'm sorry that you're troubled by what other people choose to do.

As for me, I'm not one of the people who said they would quit. The decision, however, did make me rethink whether I wanted to grind for reputations or not. And whether getting achievements would be fun if they were just going to be removed on what seemed like a whim.

As for giving feedback, I'm not sure why you feel that you're entitled to express your opinion, but others aren't. Perhaps that's not what you meant...
Good change. I'm happily surprised to see you guys changed your mind. Maybe instead of new titles for the other achievements (if you guys feel they need a 'reward', not saying you need to do this or whatever) you add pets or tabards or something? I'm only saying that with the new guild achievement that adds the pet, and since that achievement only seems to count one person's reps.

And as I said I'm not saying to do that instead of changing the title to another number in the future but as a kinda 'suggestion' back to Bashiok's first post on this matter about not having any new titles to add for reps.