You do not meet the requirements...

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I'm trying to queue for my daily random cata dungeon on this character. I have Blackrock Caverns, Throne of Tides, The Stonecore and The Vortex Pinnacle open. I have completed each of these instances already on this character numerous times.

Today I'm getting the message that I do not meet the requirements for the chosen dungeons. I do not have any dungeons checked in the list.

I'm puzzled. My igear score is 299. I have discovered each entrance to these instances, even though I know that you don't need to do this now.

I've tried disabling all my addons and re-queuing, same result.

What is going on???
perhaps the patch upped the requirements? I don't know.
No, I did Vortex Pinnacle yesterday. When I go into the dungeon list, all the dungeons that I can do: Blackrock Caverns, Throne, Stonecore and Vortex are all open, not locked due to gear restrictions.

It's really annoying!!!!
did you vendor any blues since then? quest rewards maybe?
I don't think so.. certainly none that I would wear. I have 318 gear or more in each slot.

If it's a bug it needs fixing. I've petitioned in game (19 hour wait, hi-f****-larious) so I guess I'll have to see what the useless GM's will have to say.

I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue.
Try flying to Stonecore and seeing if you can get into it solo-ed, if that works its a bug with the LFD. If you can't get in solo, then it might be something with you/a bug with dungeons.
Thanks Frejha I will try that, and thanks to you too Robokapp for trying to help <3
Well, I just zoned into the Stonecore solo no problem. The LFD tool might be bugged then. So annoying.
well manually zoning into a dungeon is only a function of level. LFD is also a function of gear.

for example i completed all heroics long bfore meeting the criteria to LFD them by manually zoning in with a pre-forme guild group.

similarly, for example you can zone into deadmnies at level 11 but the LFD starts at 16. My guess is they secretly dropped a hotfix...if you mouse-over the checkbox does it say anything? a mention of ilvl perhaps?

you said you dont have any checked. is the checkbox locked? or are they just not on the list anymore? if checkbox is locked, mouseover the lock sign. it shoul tell you what's going on.
You just dinged 85.

Those dungeons you listed aren't for 85s iirc.

Discover Tol'vir, Halls of Origination, and Grim Batol and then try to queue.

Because RDF for normals doesn't add Stonecore, Vortex, Throne, or BRC to the queue for 85s I suspect not having the entrances for the other dungeons is what's preventing you from using the Dungeon Finder.

Though they said they removed that requirement from the RDF, it wouldn't hurt to check.
Leihn i think as of 4.0.6 that's not a problem anymore. but yes, op did you ding since yesterday?
02/14/2011 9:17 AMPosted by Robokapp
Leihn i think as of 4.0.6 that's not a problem anymore. but yes, op did you ding since yesterday?

Supposedly it's not a problem anymore, but that's my best guess as to why it's happening, maybe they only removed the entrance requirements for Heroic Queues and the Normal ones were overlooked.

According to his activity feed, he dinged 85 roughly 1 day ago :\
I'm not able to queue for Halls, Lost city or Grim Batol because my gear isn't high enough. Maybe that, combined with me dinging 85 over the weekend (it was Sunday) is preventing me from queueing for an instance?

I wasn't able to log in last night so will try today when servers come up. I thought that I could still queue for Vortex Pinnacle and Stonecore?

When servers come up I'll go find the other dungeons, even though the latest patch notes say you don't need to do that anymore. If that fails, then it's down to gear I guess.

Thanks for all the sleuthing regardless.
Rosa its 305 for those dungeons. For stonecore you should be able to queue for sure.
The only random's at 85 are HoO, GB, and LC.
While you can see the other instances on your LFD tool, they're not "random eligible" at 85.

Thus, you need to boost your gearscore to 305 before you can do randoms again.
Fortunately - you can either do some twilight highlands quests, or buy some pvp gear (don't flame me. normals are easy.) to inflate your GS. If you're at 299 already, it should only take 1-2 pieces of 349 gear to move yourself past 305 overall.
The only random's at 85 are HoO, GB, and LC.
While you can see the other instances on your LFD tool, they're not "random eligible" at 85.

Thus, you need to boost your gearscore to 305 before you can do randoms again.
Fortunately - you can either do some twilight highlands quests, or buy some pvp gear (don't flame me. normals are easy.) to inflate your GS. If you're at 299 already, it should only take 1-2 pieces of 349 gear to move yourself past 305 overall.

Not necessarily true. If you're using the LFD tool to queue for Random (in the OP's case Normal Random), the only dungeons that she won't get is Blackrock Carverns and Thrones of Tides which is because they are no longer within her level range.

However, even if she does not meet the ilevel 305 requirement for the level 84 dungeouns (Halls of Origination, Grim Batol and Lost City of Tol'vir) she would still be able to use the LFD tool to queue for Normal Random, as the LFD will only place her in the dungeons that she meets the requirements for (according to the OP's ilevel at the time, these would only be Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle).

I'm trying to queue for my daily random cata dungeon on this character. I have Blackrock Caverns, Throne of Tides, The Stonecore and The Vortex Pinnacle open. I have completed each of these instances already on this character numerous times.

Today I'm getting the message that I do not meet the requirements for the chosen dungeons. I do not have any dungeons checked in the list.

I'm puzzled. My igear score is 299. I have discovered each entrance to these instances, even though I know that you don't need to do this now.

I've tried disabling all my addons and re-queuing, same result.

What is going on???

The most likely reason you're getting this error would probably be because you were trying to Queue for a Normal Random, while the instances were down for a restart (unless of course you were trying for hours) which has happened alot since 4.0.6 went live.

I had the same issues a few days after Cataclysm launched, I wasn't able to use LFD to queue for Heroic Random and getting the error message "You do not meet the requirements" even though my average ilevel was 335.

Even recently, when I try to queue for a random and the instance server is going through restart, sometimes I get the error message, sometimes it doesn't even response.

Unless of course, you were able to manually zone into a dungeon while AT THE SAME TIME unable to queue using the LFD tool, then disregard everything I said.
Same thing with me, ran BRC and TotT yesterday a few times each. Today I can't use the LFD queue, no debuff either.

I can que specific, but not random.

It's definitely a bug.
necro.