Unacceptable Hunter Changes

Hunter
1 2 3 20 Next
Hello, my name is Oonoes, and I've played hunter for 2 years. I exclusively PVP, and have been very, very successful.

However, sweeping changes have happened that have screwed hunters over, in many ways, worse than ever before. Most of these are from 4.06.

The following things are unacceptable for hunter PVP:

1. You cant FD camouflage, meaning this ability is insanely limited in PVP, almost useless.
--I dont even want to talk about the new abilities that other classes got. Ring of Frost and Smoke Bomb definitely are on par with Camouflage, right?

2. Masters call is now dispellable.
--Lets get this straight... Blizzard made us reliant on having to cast a move to regain resources, then decided that being able to use it against melee was too strong, so made it so our primary method of escape is useless against all but 3 classes. In the arena, there is no competitive comp that doesn't have a dispel. This used to be our biggest advantage, now made nearly useless. IT CAN ALSO BE SPELLSTOLEN, , meaning that mages are even stronger against hunters than ever before.

3. Aimed Shot cast time is still too long. The patch lied, its still 2.9 base cast. Its nearly impossible to cast this move, and our pressure is insanely crappy when we can't cast it.

4. Widow Venom is a waste of focus. 10 second duration, 15 focus, costs a GCD, and every other class with an MS effect will have 100% uptime with the debuff because its baked into their primary abilities.

5. Glyph of Concussive Shot does absolutely nothing.
--After extensive testing, utilizing the speed stat on our character sheets, I've determined that this glyph does absolutely nothing against players. Thought it would be useful against sprinting rogues, etc., but it literally doesn't change Concussive Shot in any way. Our kiting potential is getting destroyed with the change to Master's Call, and this glyph would have been our last hope, IF IT WORKED!

PART 1
6. Master Marksman is extremely unreliable.
--With a 30 second duration, in PVP, it falls off very frequently due to the limited uptime we have on people. Couple this with the only 60% chance of increasing the stack, means that it can fall off even if you are able to get a couple Steady Shots off before it expires. This has happened to me many times. Aimed Shot being our primary source of pressure, if we cant cast it, we do very little damage.

7. Marksmanship and Beast Mastery do very little damage against plate and shield wearing classes.
--Now that Survival has been nerfed substantially, in the arena, we are being pigeonholed into playing either BM or Marks, and these specs are highly reliant on physical abilities. With no way of penetrating armor reliably (ArP is gone now), our pressure on these classes is incredibly low. Combined their inherant 40-60% physical damage reduction with resil, and we deal, on average, 38% of our normal damage against these classes in PVP. (Formula: 100 x .5(armor reduction) x .67(percentage of damage dealt through 36% resil))

8. Killshot is still not on par with other finishing attacks, and the glyph fails to trigger very frequently.
--I would rather have the glyph removed and the damage buffed in general, so I could free up a prime glyph slot. The glyph only triggers about 60% of the time, and we can't not have it in PVP, since Killshot hits mail and plate targets for 4k or less for me, and I've got the best gear its possible to have right now in pvp.
--Other finishing type attacks, for example, Shadow Word: Death, deal far greater damage, can still be glyphed to hit more than once, and in the case of SW:D, penetrate armor. A fully PVP geared Shadow Priest's SW:D crits me for 26000, and I have 3500 resilience. If I live through it, their glyph triggers much more reliably than ours, and they will be able to use SW:D again.

9. Traps are unreliable, and can still be resisted.
--Traps being resistible is unacceptable, straight up. Even with 2/2 Survival Tactics, it still resists roughly 15% of the time. This would be fine if it weren't on such a long cooldown.

10. It is now once again beneficial to Aspect twist.
--Aspect of the Monkey was merged with Hawk to stop this last expansion. Why did they bring it back for this expansion? Many Hunters macro Hawk with their damage dealing shots and Fox with Steady/Cobra shot, drastically increasing the amount of time it takes to execute attacks.

11. Scattershot's wander distance was increased dramatically.
--Did you not think we would notice? Traps are harder to place than ever, because the wander radius was increased to the point where you cannot guarantee that they will be triggered by your target.

12: Counterattack is a worthless talent.
--5% parry means that it has almost zero uptime. You also cant parry while casting steady/cobra shot, meaning that if we are using these abilities, its impossible for it to even have a chance to proc. Couple this with Deterrence being misses now means you cant even guarantee a parry using deterrence.

13. PVP Hunters are forced to use weapon chains.
--You cant not have disarm reduction since you still cant deterrence while disarmed. Why is this not a talent that we can pick up anymore? It causes us to miss out on the Hunter 2-hander enchant, 130 Agility.

These changes are all unacceptable for Hunter PVP. I'd rather go back to pre-4.06 and play survival, at least then I could deal decent damage to people, and had Wyvern Sting to CC people when traps were resisted at random. Too bad it's damage was gutted for PVE reasons.

Edit: 2/13/11 Added 12 and 13.
^ All of this.
How does plate affect bm? Pro-tip, unless kill command does twice the damage of arcane shot . . . don't cast it. I don't have a lot of focus and I don't have 40 to waste on something that can be mitigated.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
You forgot to mention the bug which can make our pets get instantly killed when they appear, in which there's a window they have a health of around 5k.
^ All of this then some I feel as if I have wasted the time it took to get to level 85 with my hunter I do almost nothing in BG's my only strong suite is dungeons MAYBE thats only if I have a good supporting cast of players I know people that wont even dungeon with that will literally kick hunters out of the dungeon because of the lack of DPS we now put out I dont agree the SV is nerfed on the other I feel It has the highest DPS but no lasting effect move beside serpent spread the worst DPS I believe would BM in pvp and MM in both PVP and dungeons I dont know how but that need to rebuff hunter our entire class is DPS and we do not out DPS any and I mean ANY!!!!!!! class make me sad to be a hunter where as before I was proud
On a second note at this rate Blizzard might as well kill off hunters and make a new class although that might be what they have planned from what I'm seeing
Hunter need some buff.
like everyone says, blizzard doesn't play hunters in pvp.

I like how everyone says this like it's an actual fact. Massive /facepalm.

Just how much more are they going to destroy this class before we all quit playing it... I wonder...

No one is stopping anyone from quitting. Also do not speak for others who are able to adapt to change. There are 9 other classes to play.
People continue to bark at Blizz saying how unhappy they are, yet you keep on forking over money to them each month.
It can't possibly bother you that much.
all of this... bump
I've never had glyphed Kill Shot not work (at least not in PvE, not sure about PvP which I think is what you're talking about). Rest I agree with.
I was actually having fun until...

02/11/2011 8:17 AMPosted by Drakke
Masters call CAN ALSO BE SPELLSTOLEN

it dosnt work on pve either.

lets say target have 1 million hp and you are the only one dealing damage to that target.

common sense say if KS < 1 million CD= 0
reallity is KS need to land and then if target <> death refresh.

what hapen in pvp KS almost never fail to kill.

example

HP = 3k+30k pw:s

you fire KS and hits for 5k

it dosnt refresh CD because 5K>3K target should be dead but isnt because the KS was fully absorbed by the shield that target had.

in PVE the further away you are from your target you would notice the landing to get the CD reset.

in pve it should be 2 gcd but isnt more like 3gcds. reason why for MM atm is worthless because 1st you would lose your ISS 15% haste and you would delay aimshot that need to be hardcasted.

most of our playerbase are dungeon heroes, farmers or ppl that cant break 1k rating in pvp or lvl 19 twinks, most ppl like to talk !!*! without knowing stuff.
it dosnt work on pve either.

lets say target have 1 million hp and you are the only one dealing damage to that target.

common sense say if KS < 1 million CD= 0
reallity is KS need to land and then if target <> death refresh.

what hapen in pvp KS almost never fail to kill.

example

HP = 3k+30k pw:s

you fire KS and hits for 5k

it dosnt refresh CD because 5K>3K target should be dead but isnt because the KS was fully absorbed by the shield that target had.

in PVE the further away you are from your target you would notice the landing to get the CD reset.

It also seems that it wont trigger if your target goes above 20% while the killshot is in the air, even if your killshot takes them back below 20%.

Your summary is correct as far as I can tell, as well.