Whiptail respawn rate

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
I do realize that before 4.0.6 the respawn rate on Whiptail was far too low, and I thank Blizzard for increasing it. But now (and I really don't mean to contribute to the wave of pointless complaints as of late, but I feel I must say something) I honestly believe the respawn is far too HIGH!!! Uldum is so incredibly populated with farmers now that the respawn is on an almost instant timer. Gathering Whiptail is so easy even with the massive amount of people that the price of it has decreased well over 50% and still going down.

Also another issue brought about by this insane respawn rate is the people using bots to farm. I really don't have any hard proof for it, but I'm sure it's something that is under investigation by our realm GM's.

Any opinions by fellow herbalists on this matter?
Keep it going, there's no downside to having a lot more whiptail. More flasks, potions, and darkmoon cards for everybody! Gold farmers can find something else to profit from.

EDIT: I have a tauren druid herbalist.
Good, you can keep farming Whiptail while I go for Twilight Highlands.
I think we may get an adjustment during maintenance.

I don't think respawn rate has any effect on the number of bots. It may, however, encourage people who don't farm a lot to come by and try and get in on the action.
well twilight highlands seems to be a good alternative but even that place is getting hit hard
02/14/2011 10:43 AMPosted by Crepe
I don't think respawn rate has any effect on the number of bots. It may, however, encourage people who don't farm a lot to come by and try and get in on the action.

thats exactly what i'm thinking
I farm whiptail on my paladin. I sit in one corner of the river and get constant respawns just flying that little stretch. the respawn rate is insanely high.

but really, im not seeing a higher flood of farmers there when i go than there already were, because on argent dawn uldum is constantly flooded with too many herbers and miners. i had been going to the empty spot in vashj which i loathe. for the moment i'm happy to have somewhere else to go that doesn't seem incredibly inefficient, like say...twilight highlands with it's buggy phased nodes or deepholm with it's nonexistant nodes.
I do realize that before 4.0.6 the respawn rate on Whiptail was far too low, and I thank Blizzard for increasing it. But now (and I really don't mean to contribute to the wave of pointless complaints as of late, but I feel I must say something) I honestly believe the respawn is far too HIGH!!! Uldum is so incredibly populated with farmers now that the respawn is on an almost instant timer. Gathering Whiptail is so easy even with the massive amount of people that the price of it has decreased well over 50% and still going down.

Also another issue brought about by this insane respawn rate is the people using bots to farm. I really don't have any hard proof for it, but I'm sure it's something that is under investigation by our realm GM's.

Any opinions by fellow herbalists on this matter?

We're aware of this and taking a look at the respawn rates.
02/14/2011 10:45 AMPosted by Nethaera

thank you
too high? really.

as a player of 1 maxed herb/alch and 1 maxed herb/scribe i am not about to complain about the respawn of whiptail. i do not buy my herbs, i do not sell my herbs.

i am very happy with the change.

now, instead of spending 2 hours trying to farm a stack of whiptail, i can now far three times more in less than half the time. which for me means more time doing to stuff i enjoy doing instead of the crocodile river dance.
Anything that lowers flask prices is a-ok by me.
The rumor going around at the moment is that the Uldum respawn rates are somehow tied to the Holiday NPC there, and that the respawn rate should return to normal when the Holiday ends.

YMMV
02/14/2011 10:45 AMPosted by Nethaera

Incoming knee jerk herb nerf. There won't be an herb to be found after tomorrows maintenance...
I farmed 240 herbs in 30 minutes.

Said herbs turned into 23 inferno inks through burning embers and trading inks for infernos...

Can't believe someone would complain about this.
02/14/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Romara

Incoming knee jerk herb nerf. There won't be an herb to be found after tomorrows maintenance...

Too much pessimism for a Monday. :)
02/14/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Nethaera

Sounds like someone has a case of the mondays.
take the respawn rate # before the patch, take the current respawn rate # now, move the slider in between those values. \o/
02/14/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Nethaera

It's Monday, it is impossible to be optimistic on a Monday.
take the respawn rate # before the patch, take the current respawn rate # now, move the slider in between those values. \o/

exactly!