Faction divide being removed?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Found this on MMOChamp,

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1949282-Kosak-bombarded-with-quot-World-of-PeaceCraft-quot-on-Twitter-Thoughts

Personally I'm in favor of it.
While I think that letting us cross faction lines more often would be nice especially for gameplay reasons it really cuts off a lot of lore they can do.
They raise some valid points.

Game mechanics prevent one side from winning, so the tired cliche of "teaming up against the bigger evil" what, 5 times now? (BC, LK, Cataclysm, MOP, WoD) seems really lazy that we apparently "fall back into war" magically every single time the other threat ends.

I don't honestly care either way, I just accept it's one forced piece of the puzzle and it doesn't seem to impact much else.

Besides, if you take it away, every "WPVP" Superhero is going to lose their mind.
I support this in a 'combining the community' fashion. No reason to have separate H/A queues when WoW has significantly less subs than its prime.

PvP doesn't have to be changed at all - just combine PVE-related queues, since factions always ally on that anyway. They already have the infrastructure down with Mercenary Mode.
I've been saying for awhile that the faction war is stupid. We're constantly working together to face off against major threat after major threat. Garrosh is dead, the Orcs are peaceable enough without a bloodthirsty warchief at their helm, tauren have always been peaceful, trolls are peaceable enough if we aren't starting conflict with them, blood elves almost -joined- the Alliance in Mists, Goblins go with whoever has the money - Realistically the only race that might cause issues with lasting peace is Forsaken, depending on how evil Sylvanas actually is.

The factions shouldn't be removed, but we should be unfriendly or neutral to each other on non-PvP realms at this point. And considering how often opposite-faction characters talk to each other in cinematics, quests, and novels - Heck yes, remove the language barrier. Demon Hunters can talk to each other on the opposite faction in Legion anyway.

For game mechanic reasons, leave it how it is currently on PvP and RPPVP realms.
Will I be able to kill Worgen? Maybe? One day?
02/13/2016 11:50 AMPosted by Wildheårt
Game mechanics prevent one side from winning, so the tired cliche of "teaming up against the bigger evil" what, 5 times now? (BC, LK, Cataclysm, MOP, WoD) seems really lazy that we apparently "fall back into war" magically every single time the other threat ends.

The whole WORLD ENDING SUPER BAD GUYS COMING TO WRECK EVERYTHING is tired in the first place, regardless of whether we're teaming up or hating on each other. Ever watch a long show where something was super awesome, and then like 5 seasons later everyone and their mother is doing it? Bleach and DBZ come to mind. On the show Supernatural angels are introduced in like season 3 and they were crazy powerful and demons were scared to death of them, and no one knew how to kill them. Now in season 11 angels are just kind of there, the things that can kill them are littered everywhere, and anyone can kill them. Pretty similar with the way demons went too. Super scary and strong at the start of the show...and now everywhere.

An expansion that actually focused on the two factions fight with other small side things happening would actually be a refreshing change of pace instead of all the doom and gloom we get every expansion.
02/13/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Jolserii
Realistically the only race that might cause issues with lasting peace is Forsaken, depending on how evil Sylvanas actually is.

I'm not going to stop murdering humies in Arathi unless somebody makes me.
02/13/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Negative
I think that letting us cross faction lines more often would be nice

Agreed, though personally I'll never forgive those damn dirty orcs for what they did to Ashenvale, Theramore and poor Kinndy. ;-)
02/13/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Shaoeaith

I look forward to destroying you and raising you as a servant for the Lich King. After I finish what the Horde started in Ashenvale of course, I want to be able to see Irontree Clearing from Raynewood Tower.
02/13/2016 11:54 AMPosted by Kazutoshi
An expansion that actually focused on the two factions fight with other small side things happening would actually be a refreshing change of pace instead of all the doom and gloom we get every expansion.

So what's the ending?

You can't end that canonically and have both factions still standing.

That's the point.

As boring as having faction war as a side part is, ending it means either both factions at peace or one side has to win.

At least with "super bad guys coming to wreck everything" the threat can be extinguished without half the playerbase being told "oh, your side didn't win".
I would really enjoy being able to raid with friends who have their mains on the opposite faction

And honestly, after how many cataclysmic crises Azeroth has been through, I don't see it as far-fetched if the Alliance and Horde formed some sort of League of Nations-type organization (except not a complete failure), where they each have autonomy over their own kingdoms but still unite in group efforts against common enemies.

PvP servers can remain the same, just think of world and instanced PvP justified in the lore as "die-hard nationalists" or something
Break the walls. The faction war *is* a bit too forced. And Ashran is something that's an example of what should never have happened - both mechanically, and from a lore perspective.

Battlegrounds can be justified with subfactions feeling that the feud isn't yet over - that gives players the opportunity to still kill Alliance or Horde in sanctioned PVP. And Arenas have always been more of a spectator-style sport anyway (even though it is devoid of spectators in WoW). World PVP can carry the same justification as Battlegrounds, just with the caveat that the opposing faction's guards will not actually attack you until your PVP flag is up.
Anymore PvP should be fought with wooden swords so nobody gets hurt.
can we discuss why forsaken is even a race, they're just resurrected humans/elves and the occasional construct. They cant even reproduce they have to body snatch to sustain their "race".

Worgen are a pretty flimsy race as well, just cursed humans.
I want to be able to kill blood elves.
02/13/2016 11:54 AMPosted by Kazutoshi

We had that already, that was MoP. And guess how well the HvA story was received (pretty bad).
It's forced and trite, but it's also a cornerstone of the Warcraft mythos. I don't see the barrier coming down. I don't think we'll get any more overtly Alliance versus Horde storylines like we had in Cataclysm and MoP, but I think they want to have the tension between the two factions.

An uneasy peace with minor disputes on the frontiers is probably what we'll being seeing. Not humans idling in Grommash Hold.
I could get down with this idea.

I'd love to create a Forsaken and do the human starter quests.

I wonder what kinda reaction that would garner from the locals?
02/13/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Shaoeaith
no.sorry