XRP: Witty subtitle

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
Yes. WoW folder -> WTF -> Account -> <your account name> -> <server name> -> <character name> -> Saved Variables -> XRP.lua / XRP.lua.bak
01/18/2018 02:28 AMPosted by Baenura
Yes. WoW folder -> WTF -> Account -> <your account name> -> <server name> -> <character name> -> Saved Variables -> XRP.lua / XRP.lua.bak

That is amazing.

You're a real Bae, Bae.
Has it been updated yet?
Not yet. I'll go do a quick patch since it's taking longer than I figured to get what I was planning to have done, done.
Aye, take your time! I just saw it tell me that my current version was outdated and assumed you gave it a quick touch up so that it would show the default names of the new races.
02/05/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Banrok
I just saw it tell me that my current version was outdated

That's weird and annoying. It might mean someone's running around with a faked version out there, sigh. Maybe I should look at a way of doing a simple RSA signature in pure Lua someday.

There's a quick-fix version up on Curse and WoWI soon-ish, once they get past their verification. I've been trying to work on a complete overhaul of the backend code (really needs cleanup), but I obviously ended up not being able to wait until that was done.

That future version will be more future-proof against newly-added-without-warning races, though.

Edit: I'll probably post something more in-depth about what's been going on with the lack of updates later tonight or tomorrow. I owe at least a bit of a bigger explanation, given my usual timing on having stuff done. (No nothing bad, just stuff that makes it slow.)
*looks at first post*

*sees current Bor at 100*

*narrows eyes*
ty for xrp btw
02/05/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Wolf
*looks at first post*

*narrows eyes*

Take it from me; it's a conspiracy.
You're the hero we all need, Bor!
02/05/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Wolf
*looks at first post*

*narrows eyes*

Oh, yeah, I resurrected (figuratively, I hadn't killed them off IC) my old blood elf that I started seriously WoW-ing as, except as a void elf. That's not to do with my tardiness and lack of stuff. Though you were quicker to catch on to that than some people, good job. I'll probably keep using the Bor name to deal with XRP stuff (you've got about a 50/50 chance that it'll be as either a Dark Iron Paladin or a Highmountain Tauren Hunter in the near-to-midrange future, though), since it's how everyone knows me.

But anyway, the actual explanation of my tardiness and such.

First the heavy bit. I've got depression and anxiety issues. Some of you who know me a bit more personally already know this, and it's not something I hide, just also not something I broadcast. I've also had a few (non-critical) physical health issues over the past two or so years. All that's led to a bit of a rut when it comes to motivation to work on certain things, which XRP ended up included in (beyond basic maintenance). But the positive side is that things have been looking up of late, which brings me to the lighter bit.

As I said/implied in a couple places, I've also been recently working on a massive overhaul/rewrite of XRP's backend code. The frontend is mostly good (just some cleanups needed), but the backend and API has been a mess for a while. Some parts worse than others, as things have slowly piled on top of each other over the years. So I've been planning to rewrite it (more 50% rewrite, 50% really deep cleanup), and have finally gotten a solid start on that, but it's taking a bit longer than I hoped it might.

So that's something that'll be coming. I'm also making some infrastructure changes for my own benefit. It'll end up on Github for the bulk of development, the version numbering scheme will radically change, and a few other infra-ish bits will be different. The capabilities and interface of the addon will be more-or-less the same (this isn't a 'new' addon and I won't be pulling the rug out from under anyone), barring new features that get slipped in during rewriting/cleanup.

Which that's the really positive bit -- rewriting the backend should make it much easier for me to extend and maintain in the future, and some of you know I've had a number of plans for things to add for a long time. Hopefully I'll get to some of those in the time soon after I finish the backend rewrite/cleanup.

So there it all is. But no, I'm not giving anyone a timeline on that rewrite being finished since I'd probably miss it by like 300% in one direction or the other.
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Bor! I ride the bipollar coaster myself, so I know exactly how depression interacts with productivity: like a downpour on a campfire. Take care of yourself first and foremost, man. I use your addon and love it, but not so much I'd want you to run yourself ragged over it.
Indeed, WoW's just a hobby, take care of yourself and your life first, it's more important.

Thanks so much, Bor, you're a cool dude, and I'm sorry you were having a rough time.
Thanks for all your hard work, Bor :) XRP has been my RP profile add-on since you first released it. I'm also glad that you're doing better mentally. Health of all kinds is very important to maintain so I'm happy that you're feeling a bit lighter in your step. I'm looking forward to whatever changes you might make when you feel up to it!
I hate to be a pest, and I see that you've been very busy/not feeling so great, but I keep getting a message when I log on about XRP having an update, but I go to my curse/twitch app-bomination and there isn't one.

Hope you're doing better, and thank you for your hard work.
03/23/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Southpaw
I hate to be a pest, and I see that you've been very busy/not feeling so great, but I keep getting a message when I log on about XRP having an update, but I go to my curse/twitch app-bomination and there isn't one.

Hope you're doing better, and thank you for your hard work.

Just echoing this.
I'm kinda worried about the radio silence, and hope Bor is doing alright :\
I've been getting the same message. I found it curious since the only way addons like this can do a check is by comparing its version to that of other users (Thus why DBM tends to alert you when you join a raid - it's getting the version of other DBM users). So, easy way to see the cause - I checked XRP's profile cache.

A quick search found exactly one person I'd encountered with the version "7.3.5.1." They were on at the moment, so I whispered them asking. Turns out that they had manually set the version in their XRP install to 7.3.5.1. They said they were having the same issue, which was what spurred them to change it in the first place. They changed it around March 26th, and checking their cache, they found one other person who'd done it. So now I'm on the lookout for a Worgen rogue named Kyrex, in the hopes of continuing to follow the path back to "patient zero."

The big problem here is that there's no easy fix. Once XRP has been told that a new version is available, it stores the new version until your version matches or exceeds the version it found as an update. So everyone who's getting the notification that there's a new version would either have to purge their entire character cache, remove the newversion value from their settings by hand, and hope they don't run into another person running a modified TOC, OR update their own TOC and spread the issue further.
Bor... Are you doing okay?

You're one weird looking dwarf.

https://i.imgur.com/Wy6psyB.png
04/23/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Edgeedge
Bor... Are you doing okay?

You're one weird looking dwarf.

https://i.imgur.com/Wy6psyB.png

You might be in one of those states that doesn't allow the viewing of his proper model. You know, the whole "void where prohibited" thing.