Design a reputation/quest chain.

General Discussion
Like the title says, for those of you bored.

You are in charge of creating a reputation and/or a quest chain that should take up 2/4 of a questing zone.
I'll be adding one after I get home, but what would you guys come up with?

Also to avoid hate post.
You can not kill/paralyze/kidnap/seal away or retcon faction leaders or iconic ppl.
I know some of you will try and be smartarses but hey try to actually be creative.
02/14/2016 04:01 PMPosted by Raithios

You can not kill/paralyze/kidnap/seal away or retcon faction leaders or iconic ppl.
I know some of you will try and be smartarses but hey try to actually be creative.

What if you do that to them, but at the end of the quest chain, they recover completely?

Or it turns out that that person was actually someone else wearing a costume of the faction leader/iconic person?
02/14/2016 04:03 PMPosted by Dragonjetpak
02/14/2016 04:01 PMPosted by Raithios

What if you do that to them, but at the end of the quest chain, they recover completely?

Or it turns out that that person was actually someone else wearing a costume of the faction leader/iconic person?

Sure if the person ends up normal as they started I won't mind. But I don't want ppl to just abuse a person they think is harming the remaining lore(anduin/sylvannas/grom/yrel haters etc) actually add to said story and prove you can do better then blizz.
WoD quest.

Quest:
Kill all the bosses in the game for widgets.
Combine all the widgets into a bigger widget.

Reward:
Combine 10 bigger widgets into a 695 generic armor token.

Does this mean im hired as a quest developer?
Needs detail. This is no better then a test quest.
this is about as detailed as WoD quests get.
02/14/2016 04:14 PMPosted by Maulina

There's actually a target...with names, zones, cause and effects. You're just being a smartarse and complaining an expac that is ending, actually make quest for either legion or the next expac after it.
Quest starts with a mother worried about her son. She let him go off to play, and catch some battle pets, but he's been gone for years, and she hasn't heard anything from him.

You follow his trail and on the way you meet various evil pet trainers looking to steal your battle pets.

Once you get to the main lair you fight your way through some grunt trainers. The entire lair is full of captured battle pets, and other trainers like Old McDonald that have run afoul of these scum!

You find the kid living in some kind of VR machine where he's endlessly living a dream where he's a young boy out on a never ending quest to become a battle pet grand master.

You must defeat the boss of the lair, and free the boy from the machine. After realizing he's several years older than he was he tells you he's lost interesting in pet battles, and gives you the one pet he'd found once you free the others.

Some yellow rat thing.

The mother is relieved of course when you go back to see her.

I'll work on a rep thing later so consider this a saved post, or something.
02/14/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Raithios
02/14/2016 04:14 PMPosted by Maulina

There's actually a target...with names, zones, cause and effects. You're just being a smartarse and complaining an expac that is ending, actually make quest for either legion or the next expac after it.

K, here is a quest i expect to happen in Legion.
Now with more detail.

Legion quest.

Quest:
Kill all the bosses in Legion raids for Fel-widgets.
(to save Azeroth/Defeat the Horde/Alliance!)

Combine all the Fel-widgets into a Bigger Fel-widget.
(to save Azeroth/Defeat the Horde/Alliance!)

Reward:
Combine 10 Bigger Fel-widgets into an 895 generic armor token.
Collect 1000 perfect spheres, they only drop from the elite mobs and 75% of the sphere drops are lopsided. You have until sundown then the quest resets and you have to redo it all over again.
02/14/2016 04:21 PMPosted by Boatmurdered
Quest starts with a mother worried about her son. She let him go off to play, and catch some battle pets, but he's been gone for years, and she hasn't heard anything from him.

You follow his trail and on the way you meet various evil pet trainers looking to steal your battle pets.

Once you get to the main lair you fight your way through some grunt trainers. The entire lair is full of captured battle pets, and other trainers like Old McDonald that have run afoul of these scum!

You find the kid living in some kind of VR machine where he's endlessly living a dream where he's a young boy out on a never ending quest to become a battle pet grand master.

You must defeat the boss of the lair, and free the boy from the machine. After realizing he's several years older than he was he tells you he's lost interesting in pet battles, and gives you the one pet he'd found once you free the others.

Some yellow rat thing.

The mother is relieved of course when you go back to see her.

I'll work on a rep thing later so consider this a saved post, or something.

Lol I'm actually ok with this, would bring me back into pet battles.
Zone: (Orgrimmar, Stromwind)

Stormwind

Quest name: No Deal.

*You just witnessed a murder happen in the city before you react in a puff of smoke the cloaked figure is gone*

*You walk down the ally way and investigate the body and notice that it is everyone's favorite Auctioneer Jaxon

Horrified that someone might do this you notice some foot prints leading into the building next to where the body was but, before you can investigate a city guard see's you and sounds the alarm. Thinking that you had just murdered her.

Before you can convince the guard you are swiftly hitting over the head and knocked out cold.

Quest 2 : Don't drop the....

You wake up in the Stormwind prison where you are asked a series of questions by guards in your new cell!

Stormwind guard: Why did you do it [ Insert player name here] everyone loved her!

Player choices
1) I didn't kill her!
2) I wanna talk to my lawyer
3)*Silence*

1) Stormwind guard: Yah yah yah thats what they all say! * proceeds to pull out a shocking wand* Well we have ways of making you talk!
*Yells are heard* Wow guess you aren't a hero for nothing we will be back with more *guard leaves you too your cell*

2) Stormwind guard scoffs: Fine
*A portal next to you open up and in walks a gnome*
Gnome: My client was falsely accused of murder! Yes they may be adventurers and kill on a day to day basis but they don't go around killing auctioneers!! I mean who does that??
Gnome: I demand you release my client immediately!
Stormwind guard: Well they will have to stay until we get things figured out *Guard glares at player* You got lucky this time punk we will be back.

3) Stormwind guard: Silent treatment huh well two can play at that game *Guard stares intently into your eyes*
1) Break eye contact
2) Stare back * for a few hours until the guard gets weirded out and leaves*

Quest complete after guard leaves your cell

I'll continue on this later if you all like it I guess more of a murder mystery falsely accused type quest. that involves you solving a murder and escaping prison with lots of convicts and explosives.
02/14/2016 04:40 PMPosted by Zega
Zone: (Orgrimmar, Stromwind)

Stormwind

Quest name: No Deal.

*You just witnessed a murder happen in the city before you react in a puff of smoke the cloaked figure is gone*

*You walk down the ally way and investigate the body and notice that it is everyone's favorite Auctioneer Jaxon

Horrified that someone might do this you notice some foot prints leading into the building next to where the body was but, before you can investigate a city guard see's you and sounds the alarm. Thinking that you had just murdered her.

Before you can convince the guard you are swiftly hitting over the head and knocked out cold.

Quest 2 : Don't drop the....

You wake up in the Stormwind prison where you are asked a series of questions by guards in your new cell!

Stormwind guard: Why did you do it [ Insert player name here] everyone loved her!

Player choices
1) I didn't kill her!
2) I wanna talk to my lawyer
3)*Silence*

1) Stormwind guard: Yah yah yah thats what they all say! * proceeds to pull out a shocking wand* Well we have ways of making you talk!
*Yells are heard* Wow guess you aren't a hero for nothing we will be back with more *guard leaves you too your cell*

2) Stormwind guard scoffs: Fine
*A portal next to you open up and in walks a gnome*
Gnome: My client was falsely accused of murder! Yes they may be adventurers and kill on a day to day basis but they don't go around killing auctioneers!! I mean who does that??
Gnome: I demand you release my client immediately!
Stormwind guard: Well they will have to stay until we get things figured out *Guard glares at player* You got lucky this time punk we will be back.

3) Stormwind guard: Silent treatment huh well two can play at that game *Guard stares intently into your eyes*
1) Break eye contact
2) Stare back * for a few hours until the guard gets weirded out and leaves*

Quest complete after guard leaves your cell

I'll continue on this later if you all like it I guess more of a murder mystery falsely accused type quest. that involves you solving a murder and escaping prison with lots of convicts and explosives.

I like it. It sounds like you are going to make you the leader of the next stormwind riot and sounds cool.