[SPOILERS] Doomhammer artifact

General Discussion
I watched the video of the enhancement shaman Doomhammer artifact questline again and I feel like its not so epic compared to like Frost DK questline artifact.

I mean really, Thrall fights this big bad demon and then all the sudden he loses the Doomhammer and be like,"oh no, I dropped it, I'm so powerless because it was dead weight after killing Garrosh. Hero go get my weapon."

So we go get it and he's like,"poor me poor me I'm weak." Then when you have it he's like, "Oh man you are stronger, you're able to tap power into it like I never have. Lead the Earthen Ring while I sit in this cave."

It should of been better in my opinion.
I find it funny that the Doomhammer just suddenly goes flying into the Maelstrom.
02/14/2016 03:57 PMPosted by Dakhta
I find it funny that the Doomhammer just suddenly goes flying into the Maelstrom.

I'm just saying it made me feel like it was poorly worked on.
They're trying too hard to appease Alliance players who want Thrall out of the story.
02/14/2016 04:02 PMPosted by You

can you give us an example of something you feel was well worked on, along with details why it felt so well?

It just noped away.
Is there any better way to take Thrall's weapon than having him shown as weaker? There has to be a reason why he steps down, gives you Doomhammer. Having the Elements turn away from him makes sense.
02/14/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Ankha
They're trying too hard to appease Alliance players who want Thrall out of the story.

Honestly, to me it felt more like they were trying to throw a bone to all the people who are saying Thrall cheated against Garrosh. At least with the whole "Doomhammer won't work for me" anymore thing.

That said, they had to get the hammer out of his hands somehow. It's not like they're going to kill him.
02/14/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Dragonjetpak
02/14/2016 04:02 PMPosted by You

can you give us an example of something you feel was well worked on, along with details why it felt so well?

The frost DK questline for example, it was epic.

You fight ghosts from Lordareon, kill these ghosts that were from Warcraft III, go against Prince Arthas himself!

Unholy Artifact was nice too!

Beast Mastery one was cool as well, Vrykul "helps" you but she steals it, go back to Ulduar and help Mirimon and have Thorium help you stop this Vrykul.

Those are some examples.
02/14/2016 04:07 PMPosted by Averax

It just noped away.

It's done with your crap Thrall.

You mean all players that want a kill thief out of the story?
02/14/2016 04:07 PMPosted by Azivalla
Is there any better way to take Thrall's weapon than having him shown as weaker? There has to be a reason why he steps down, gives you Doomhammer. Having the Elements turn away from him makes sense.

This is actually what happened. It's safe to say that people usually aren't reading 100% of quest dialog.
After his duel with Garrosh, the elements turned against him and he was stripped of his power.

He challenged a warrior to a warrior's duel (mak'gora, to be specific) instead of any regular duel or killing Garrosh, and then utilized the elements to kill him.

That's treachery in the eyes of the elements, because the outcome should've been decided by his prowess instead of his ability to draw upon the elements.
02/14/2016 04:09 PMPosted by You
02/14/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Dragonjetpak

The frost DK questline for example, it was epic.

You fight ghosts from Lordareon, kill these ghosts that were from Warcraft III, go against Prince Arthas himself!

Unholy Artifact was nice too!

Beast Mastery one was cool as well, Vrykul "helps" you but she steals it, go back to Ulduar and help Mirimon and have Thorium help you stop this Vrykul.

Those are some examples.

Okay. What if there's a point where a Lord of Fire shows up, talks about replacing Ragnaros, and then melts the Doomhammer into a misshapen object, and you go get it fixed and it comes out even more amazing than before?
02/14/2016 04:45 PMPosted by Illaandra
This is actually what happened. It's safe to say that people usually aren't reading 100% of quest dialog.
After his duel with Garrosh, the elements turned against him and he was stripped of his power.

He challenged a warrior to a warrior's duel (mak'gora, to be specific) instead of any regular duel or killing Garrosh, and then utilized the elements to kill him.

That's treachery in the eyes of the elements, because the outcome should've been decided by his prowess instead of his ability to draw upon the elements.

This is wrong the Elements aren't mad at Thrall if they were they wouldn't have given him the power to kill Garrosh in the first place

It's more like the Elements are fine with thrall but, he's doubting himself and clouding his own mind and feeling guilty for killing one of his close friends son and wondering what he could of done to change him from this path and a way to have made things better.

That would be like a warrior challenging a mage to a Mak'gora and saying they aren't allowed to use magic like what the hell do the fight with then? a staff they aren't a warrior. Thrall is a shaman he uses the elements to aid him in fights.

Also the whole player tapping into powers Thrall never could seems really stupid I mean this guy is green jesus the one who stood in place for the Aspect of Earth to charge the Dragon soul and we are somehow stronger than he seems to be pushing it by a lot considering what thrall can do and what we can't.

Also when the hell did Doomhammer get a mind of it's own to all of a suddenly protect itself? I'm pretty sure that it was just a hammer made by the ogrim line and Thrall having had it for quite awhile decided to infuse it with lightning

TLDR: He is stopping his own power and advancement and saying that the player is somehow tapping into powers he couldn't is stupid.
02/14/2016 04:07 PMPosted by Azivalla

Spot on, anyone can downplay anything by leaving actual points out and putting the scenario in thier own crappy words. But the backstory is actually legit, may not be the coolest but its actually one of the stories that (from the actual game) has merit. Most other artifact lines are lore pulled from someones but.
02/14/2016 05:09 PMPosted by Zega

This is wrong the Elements aren't mad at Thrall if they were they wouldn't have given him the power to kill Garrosh in the first place

It's more like the Elements are fine with thrall but, he's doubting himself and clouding his own mind and feeling guilty for killing one of his close friends son and wondering what he could of done to change him from this path and a way to have made things better.

That would be like a warrior challenging a mage to a Mak'gora and saying they aren't allowed to use magic like what the hell do the fight with then? a staff they aren't a warrior. Thrall is a shaman he uses the elements to aid him in fights.

Also the whole player tapping into powers Thrall never could seems really stupid I mean this guy is green jesus the one who stood in place for the Aspect of Earth to charge the Dragon soul and we are somehow stronger than he seems to be pushing it by a lot considering what thrall can do and what we can't.

Also when the hell did Doomhammer get a mind of it's own to all of a suddenly protect itself? I'm pretty sure that it was just a hammer made by the ogrim line and Thrall having had it for quite awhile decided to infuse it with lightning

TLDR: He is stopping his own power and advancement and saying that the player is somehow tapping into powers he couldn't is stupid.

I don't think you quite get how the elements work with the Shamans of WoW.
Shamans do not (with the exception of evil/dark ones) twist, bend or destroy the elements.

The elements willingly allow themselves to be exerted through shamans, and if the given Shaman commits an act that the elements find disturbs a given balance too greatly (ie, utilizing their power to win a duel which is physically based with no magical powers permitted to change history's course), then he will be stripped of his powers and forced to re-earn their respect and trust. The duel even more so than most events, because it was the usage of the elements directly to dishonorably win an honor duel.

As for the powers of the weapon, those elements are a direct translation to the given Shaman and their connection to the elements.
Given that most players are replacing or becoming equal to class heroes (Tirion, Thrall, etc.), this isn't a surprise.

"The elements were silent. The Doomhammer felt like dead weight".

Thrall couldn't tap into the power because the Elements were ignoring him. Shamans call upon their aid, they don't force them. That would be Dark Shamans, which is why the Elements despised Garrosh. The Doomhammer always had a deep connection with the elements. So, if the Elements didn't like Thrall anymore, it makes sense that the Doomhammer would not want to be wielded by him.
It could be better, but I don't think it's terrible. Thrall didn't own up to thrusting the mantle of Warchief onto Garrosh despite Garrosh outright stating that it was a bad idea and that he was not Warchief material. And then Thrall also not heeding any of the concern from his peers about it. Thrall was stubborn and made a poor choice based on his personal feelings. "You made me what I am!" is taking it too far as well in that Garrosh didn't own up to his own choices that he made, but Garrosh was then promptly killed, the end.

If this were a real situation and not subject to writers' whimsy, my guess would be that the elements are just sort of all around, "You need to get yourself sorted out, Thrall," as opposed to just being mad about the duel itself. Thrall was wielding a considerable amount of power that was given to him, but he started to show poor judgement and then a lack of introspection and responsibility.

Doesn't mean that "Garrosh was right" or anything like that, but between Garrosh and Thrall it's not like it was 100% to 0 in terms of who needed to pump their breaks.

Even his own weapon is getting tired of Go'el.

The only thing that will appease both Alliance AND Horde, will be for Thrall to die, hopefully before the Titans come (guessing after Legion, what else other than Titan weaponry can replace what we have?), and they ARE coming, there's no way they won't notice all this demonic activity. Cause if they come and Thrall is still around....bookmark this post, remember it well....Thrall will end up being elevated to becoming a Titan.