Water Striders Nerfed in Legion

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
That dog won't hunt Monsignor. I want my striders to work. No long winded blue post about how it'll break the flow or whatever of the game will convince me otherwise.
Blizzard seems to be trying real hard to break the stupidity-o-meter they got in their offices.
It was probably a mistake to give generic water walking stuff out like that, but they could have handled it better than this.

Make it not work in specific spots on the Broken isles if they want us to use class abilities or water walking potions or something. Not just a flat nerf to everywhere
02/23/2016 03:49 PMPosted by Simplyred
02/23/2016 03:46 PMPosted by Shiwu
Wow, at this point it seems like they're just trying to piss their players off on purpose.

Maybe WoW is getting too resource intensive compared to their other games and they're hoping we jump ship?

Good heavens.... when I put the tinfoil hat on, things are getting out of hand.

Surely they wouldn't be that stupid.... The other games I play are not Blizzard games.
I find it hard to believe that people get paid to sit around at the Blizzard office and figure out what's Too Much Fun in the game.

But apparently, that is exactly what is happening.

What is the point of taking away a reward that requires a big time commitment?

I can guarantee that I won't be sloshing across water in Legion thinking to myself, "Dang, I'm having a much better time now!"
Well then.
I'll be annoyed but it's a major perk and as long as there are new ones, I'm not too dismayed by it.
02/23/2016 03:51 PMPosted by Valores
Thoughts? It shows that someone thinks wasting player time is immersion.

Or better yet, that wasting our time is "content."
It wouldn't be annoying if flying was still readily available. My point isn't to make flight look like the viable option, it shouldn't be. It's just with the emphasis on ground exploration, and taking away something that really helps ground level exploration, removing the water walking from all areas seems counterproductive to their focus.
02/23/2016 03:27 PMPosted by Wisp
Azure Water Strider only walks on water in Pandaria and the Crimson Water Strider only walks on water in Draenor.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5501-Legion-Alpha-Build-21134-Legion-Alpha-Build-21134

Thoughts?

Because Blizzard knows fun! #BBKF
Don't think I saw anything about my awesome Water Strider pet getting nerfed.

/sticks tongue out

"phhhhhhhhhbbbbbbbbbbbbtttttttttttt"
Been exalted with Anglers and Nat Pagle since early MoP. It sucks they're removing them but i can see at least two reasons for this that i somewhat agree with.

Doubt explaining it would hit home in GD though so i'll leave it at that.
02/23/2016 03:27 PMPosted by Wisp
Azure Water Strider only walks on water in Pandaria and the Crimson Water Strider only walks on water in Draenor.

Can they fire whoever decided this, please?

02/23/2016 03:54 PMPosted by Quenching
Surely they wouldn't be that stupid.... The other games I play are not Blizzard games.

On my end... I don't even play any other video games at this point.
02/23/2016 03:59 PMPosted by Lornirdin
Don't think I saw anything about my awesome Water Strider pet getting nerfed.

/sticks tongue out

"phhhhhhhhhbbbbbbbbbbbbtttttttttttt"

Yet. My BM is a bit worried at the moment.
The change to water strider mounts seems a bit ridiculous. Water Walking was their entire purpose in the first place.
Ya know I am not going to cry foul on the whole expansion just yet. Yes there are many things I am really hating about whats out in alpha so far (hello hunter changes I am looking at you). I have to say that has been true for me for the last THREE expansions at this point in development.

Cata - changing the old world? Never sat well with me (still doesn't) but I found enough other stuff fun to make it worthwhile.

MoP - I REALLY hated what they did with the farm. I thought it was beyond stupid. Much of the expansion really was enjoyable though.

WoD - Changing the dark portal and Garrisons just really irked me. Somehow though I have in the end had fun with it overall (or I would be taking a break not still playing).

Just not ready to write off Legion yet.
Apparently they're doing this because there's a Fishing Artifact (yup), that has waterwalking as a perk. While I can understand where they're coming from, it's still really bloody stupid.

If they don't want the Water Striders working in the Broken Isles, that's fine. But at least let them work where they do now. Making one only waterwalk in Pandaria and the other only in Draenor really makes grinding for them incredibly pointless.
02/23/2016 03:55 PMPosted by Fhina
02/23/2016 03:51 PMPosted by Valores
Thoughts? It shows that someone thinks wasting player time is immersion.

Or better yet, that wasting our time is "content."

I had a little rant about this in another thread. They don't care about content. A raid and a few quests /dailies every several months and call it good. Pruning? That just makes it easier to make content without having to worry about every little thing that can happen.
We don't want your ground and pound game play in Legion.

RIP Water Strider.
02/23/2016 03:59 PMPosted by Griever
Been exalted with Anglers and Nat Pagle since early MoP. It sucks they're removing them but i can see at least two reasons for this that i somewhat agree with.

Doubt explaining it would hit home in GD though so i'll leave it at that.

After fishing up 100 lunkers I want my mount to work how it was advertised.