Past CE and Blizzcon pets

Pet Battles
1 2 3 6 Next
I've been thinking about this topic for about three weeks now and with there being talk of past pets in the guild and now on the forum it seems like a good time to ask here. The purpose of this is simply to gather everyone's opinion, not to start arguments so please keep replies as civil as possible.

With Blizzard having different ways of offering their games lately with a physical standard, physical CE and Digital Deluxe with CE pet/mount; If they offered a Digital Deluxe version of Classic WoW and it's past expansions would you buy them to get CE pets you missed?

For the sake of discussion let's say that each theoretical past DD upgrade would be $60 each. Players who have the physical CE's still get to keep their extra items while people who want a more complete pet collection simply unlock the pet in game.

If Blizzard offered past Blizzcon items you missed when Blizzcon comes around, would you buy those? When Blizzcon comes around, there could be an option to add extra items to your purchase when/if you buy your ticket/virtual ticket. Maybe pets/murloc costume for an extra $10 each and the mount for $20?

Edit: Attention fairies, this was +5 and now it's at 0. You two have been very hard at work :D Yep we know who you and your alts are that you're posting on. /pats you both on the head. The attention is flattering!
I probably wouldnt buy CEs again if I could just get the pet cheaper later. So I don't think they'd do it due to sales impact. They did re-release the original CE once, but you had to buy a 5000$ laptop to get it.
I've never paid real money for a pet. I don't think I ever will. Not even Murklot, the one pet I feel is worth paying for.

I don't think Blizzard should make limited content available again. I think it is unfair to the player base to change the rules after people have spent so much money obtaining pets they were under the understanding would not be made available again. Yes, I realize they have done it before. I don't think that excuses doing it again.
I do feel that I got shafted when I bought Cataclysm online and there was no way you could obtain Lil Deathy. I am glad that they are now giving people the pet and mounts when they order a new expansion.
I would like to see some alternative ways to get some pets. I don't have a lot of money IRL and would love some of the CE pets.
There are a handful of pets I am resigned to being unable to get. I would not want them reissued in order to get them because, as Zepp said, I know what a blow that would be to those who have gone to great measures to obtain them, or who were actually playing in the era in which the pets were originally offered.
I have already made my opinion clear on this.

"Oh think of the poor collectors who have to suffer because their once rare pets can now be obtained by the filthy masses have some empathy for these poor sad miserable invalids!"

With the reintroduction to Mini Thor and the war bot fiasco rings any "But they want them to remain speshul" whining impotent and toothless (Much like Blizzards punishments these days hey-ho!)

Put them in the Store for 20-30$ then use all the money you get from it to wipe away the tears you shed over hurting the feelings of a (don't delude yourself) Insignificant portion of the community that requires things others don't in order to feel special.

But to answer the question yes i would buy them all without a second thought i mean i paid 100$ to buy a bundle in which i already owned 2 out of the 3 games it offered purely for a pet.
I am one of the people that like seeing limited time only pets, mounts and other items in game. I know I posted in the Spirit of Competition thread but that is a bit different because Blizzard stated that pet would come back every two years.

Going forward I would not mind seeing the option to buy CE and Blizzcon pets from the cash shop for a limited time. I cannot justify buying the CE of a game (Overwatch) that I will never play or buying a virtual ticket to something I am not going to watch just to get a pet. If they offered the pets for $20 I would gladly pay that, where as now they don't any money from me. I don't feel that I am alone in thinking that so this option may bring in money they might not ever see.
03/03/2016 03:56 PMPosted by Tiresias
I cannot justify buying the CE of a game (Overwatch) that I will never play

You could buyt it, then I could play it and you would keep the pet redemption code!
03/03/2016 04:01 PMPosted by Zepp
You could buyt it, then I could play it and you would keep the pet redemption code!

I am not paying that much for a pet :<

Allowing for pets to be bought separate from CEs would be a good option. Blizzard would get money they normally would not have gotten otherwise and players can get pets without wasting too much money.
I'd rather see them added to the game in special or unique ways (like some TCG items were added to the BMAH, or Terky through open-world exploration) instead of being put in the store with a price tag, but yes I think they should all be available.

I think that for everything though... if it exists in the game you should be able to obtain it by playing the game.
I'd buy them....lol If they were like 20 ish. I did con my hubby into letting me buy a blizzcon virtual ticket for my birthday...mostly just for the pet...lol but I did watch most of the blizzcon stuff.

But I'm conflicted on the limited edition thing. I get the argument on both sides.
Speaking of being able to see both sides of the argument.......here's a blast from the past.

06/21/2015 06:44 AMPosted by Darmand
Pre Post Disclaimer: I have lots of points to make so there's a big ole list incoming.....

1) I really, really wish I had some of the pets on my list that I simply cannot get. I think it sucks that I'll never have "Gross Noodle Monster" from the South Korean Dumpling Factory special event. ( Totally made up pet and world event, just in case one wonders)

2) I don't believe that I deserve to be given "Gross Noodle Monster" but I admit, I would love a way to get it. Again, unobtainable pets haunt me and many others.

3) Pets from special events / on-line store / collector's editions should never have unique move-sets. I have said this before and I predict I'll be saying it again after the next Blizz-Con. Unique move-sets on pets that cannot be obtained "in-game" allows a Pay to Win element to creep in to the PvP side of Pet Battles. After all, what is viable and over-powered is a subjective matter. No one can complain about "Gross Noodle Monster" being unfair if "Nasty Appetizer" shares the same move-set and can be captured in the wild.

4) The OP wasn't asking to be "given" anything. It seems clear to me that it was merely some minor frustration being voiced.This is the Pet Battle Forums. There's no need to be rude. If you're uncertain about how your post will be perceived, take a minute to reword it. :) If you want to accuse people of QQQ / being idiots / etc etc....the Dumpster Fire that we call the General Discussion Forum awaits you.

5) Exclusivity is at the very heart of anything that involves a collection. The folks that have been around for a long time or spent cash for collectors editions / Blizz Con tickets / store pets have a right to their exclusivity. An interesting way around this would be to make such pets cage-able. This wouldn't add any extra "Gross Noodle Monsters" to the game but it would allow some wiggle room that makes it possible to get.

6) Thank you for taking the time to read this and I apologize for my wordiness. :)

7) TLDR: Exclusive Pets have their place. Exclusive move-sets do not have their place. Don't be a douche in the Pet Battle Forums.
03/03/2016 11:15 AMPosted by Zepp
I've never paid real money for a pet. I don't think I ever will. Not even Murklot, the one pet I feel is worth paying for.

I don't think Blizzard should make limited content available again. I think it is unfair to the player base to change the rules after people have spent so much money obtaining pets they were under the understanding would not be made available again. Yes, I realize they have done it before. I don't think that excuses doing it again.

Every month you pay real money for lots of things in game including pets.
03/03/2016 08:59 PMPosted by Hamstar
03/03/2016 11:15 AMPosted by Zepp

I do? I'm a WoW Token user ever since they were introduced.

I'm reasonably sure you knew what I meant, though.
I think Blizzard would be doing a huge disservice to CE owners if they added the exact pets to the store. This act would hurt their most loyal and supportive(money-wise) customers the worst. And I think the feedback would be overwhelmingly negative: customers would feel betrayed and call out Blizzard on their greed.

I'm not really sure how I would feel if I were in the shoes of the CE owners, but some would definitely react badly and imo it would be justified.

It would be cool to own those pets, but out of respect for the players that had the foresight to buy CE's and tickets from long ago, I strongly believe these pets should be kept exclusive. Part of what makes it neat to see an old CE pet anyway is how ultra rare they are. =)
My cash shop icon is greyed out and will never be used, no matter what is or isn't in there.
03/03/2016 09:13 PMPosted by Zepp
03/03/2016 08:59 PMPosted by Hamstar

I do? I'm a WoW Token user ever since they were introduced.

I'm reasonably sure you knew what I meant, though.

Then you trade you time for someone else's money. You are still paying for digital content regardless of how much you decide to pay.
I would plunk down $60 so fast to get those Original CE pets, they are the only pets I don't have besides Spirit of Competition and Vampire Bat from Karazahn event (was on a break from wow during those events /sigh)

I actually had ordered the original CE - but because we found out the servers would be coming up at midnight and Game Stop didn't open until 10:00am, my husband went to Wal Mart and got copies at Midnight and we just used those.

The next morning, Game Stop called us and asked if we still wanted the Collector's Editions -- and I SAID NO. HAD I ONLY KNOWN!!!!!!!!

So yeah, I'm 100% with ya on the Original CE Digital Deluxe purchase, totally!!