Tier List Update

Pet Battles
This list hasn’t been updated in a long time due to the POTM being on hold. However, the list is going to be used for PBL season two. No pets from this list will be allowed in the league (there will be other restrictions as well).

So I want to ask:

1. Any new pets that should be added to the list?

2. Even though it won’t impact the PBL, are all of the pets still on the correct tier? There are some pets that I would like to move, but I prefer this list to be more of a community consensus than my opinion.

Here is the current list:
(taken from http://pvppetbattles.com/2014/12/22/top-high-tier-list/#comment-3554)

1st tier
Bone Serpent
Fragment Of Anger
Graves
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Murkalot
Ore Eater
Teroclaw Hatchling

2nd tier
Anubisath Idol
Blighthawk
Bronze Whelpling
Death Adder Hatchling
Dread Hatchling
Emperor Crab
Fiendish Imp
Fossilized Hatchling
Frostwolf Ghostpup
Gilnean Raven/Crow
Ghastly Kid
Jademist Dancer
Junglebeak
Lil’ Ragnaros
Magical Crawdad
Moths (due to rng)
Rabbits
Scourged Whelpling
Snarly (and other crocs)
Son Of Sethe
Warbot
Weebomination
Unborn Val’kyr
Vengeful Porcupette

3rd tier
Blackfuse Bombling
Blossoming Ancient
Bonkers
Chi-Chi
Clockwork Gnome
Creepy Crate
Curious Wolvar Pup
Darkmoon Tonk
Direhorn
Emerald Proto-Whelp
Hydraling
Ikky
Infested Bear Cub
Kun-Lai Runt
Lil’ Bling
Mechanical Axebeak
Nexus Whelpling
Nightshade Sproutling
Qiraji Guardling
Scalded Basilisk Hatchling
Sen’Jin Fetish
Singing Sunflower
Son Of Animus
Spirit Crab
Stonegrinder
Trunks
Xu-Fu
Zandalari Raptors
Zomstrok
nether faerie dragon, that pet hits hard
03/06/2016 07:39 AMPosted by Divinesheep
nether faerie dragon, that pet hits hard

Thanks Divinesheep.

This is sort of important for season two. What do other people think about this?
Always disrespecting the Infected Squirrel. /disappointed
03/06/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Rhonstifor

He deserves respect. 2nd or 3rd?
03/06/2016 08:57 AMPosted by Discodoggy
03/06/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Rhonstifor

He deserves respect. 2nd or 3rd?

First against anything without sandstorm or a shield. Last against anything with sandstorm or a shield. I'd say third, although right now, with all the undead, an argument could be made for second. I would also move anub down to third tier. I think the 325 speed Qiraji is better than Nub.
For the same reason Ore Eater and Hydraling is up there any pet with Shell Armor should be up there.

So Crusher would be high tier 2 in my opinion.
Is Sen'jin Fetish really a tier pet any more?
I am appalled by the lack of Mr.Bigglesworth appreciation going on. His brothers to Widget the Departed and Cursed Birman.

A 325 speed with the undead Racial, a very strong Stun, can kill his hard counters, and a very good defensive.

Widget is a 325 speed undead with both Call Darkness and Spectral Strike. Also, can kill his hard counters.

Birman is an undead Spirit Claws user which makes a very good Moonlight team user. I would say better than Xu-Fu.

No H/P Ruby Droplet either? She can solo teams by herself.

Also, I would move Weebom to first tier that pet is scarier than Graves to go against.

One last addition, You don't have S/S Nightshade Sproutling on the list. I would consider that one a top tier due to his fast speed, Blinding Poison, and backrow healing.
03/06/2016 09:47 AMPosted by Êvê

I actually think that P/P crusher is better anyway just hits so freakin hard :D
I'd throw Spectral Spinner on Tier 2. It's not as fast as the Death Adder, but being undead and depending on blinding rather than poison makes it much more diverse.

The following I'd suggest for T3:
Servant of Demidos(high burst with stun potential)
Spawn of G'nathus(high aoe damage)
Infinite Whelpling(sleep rng)

For the sake of nostalgia, I half jokingly nominate Kovok for Tier 1 :P
What is this tier list and what does it mean? I went to the original site link and it doesn't say there either. Blizzard doesn't say anything about pets being on a tier for anything o.o
03/06/2016 03:43 PMPosted by Alkavar
What is this tier list and what does it mean? I went to the original site link and it doesn't say there either. Blizzard doesn't say anything about pets being on a tier for anything o.o

Player base made list to show which are strong pets and which are weak ones.

I think some people host tournaments that excludes the high tier ones as well.
03/06/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Serakhai
03/06/2016 09:47 AMPosted by Êvê

I actually think that P/P crusher is better anyway just hits so freakin hard :D

Only reason I think S/S is better is because if you see a slow breed you can use blinding poison/dodge/decoy to waste two of those turns they have armor up/body slam resist.
I would like to see the Macabre Marionette make an appearance somewhere on this list. He's a very solid pet, imo and is an excellent MPD counter to boot.

Puddle Terror is an underrated pet as well, in my opinion. I use him often and he's saved my hide many times.
Thanks for the input. I used your input to make some changes and made a few unsolicited changes.

Here's the updated list:

<strong>1st tier</strong>
Bone Serpent
Fragment Of Anger
Graves
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Murkalot
Ore Eater/Crusher
Teroclaw Hatchling

<strong>2nd tier</strong>
Anubisath Idol
Blighthawk
Bronze Whelpling
Death Adder Hatchling
Dread Hatchling
Emperor Crab
Fiendish Imp
Fossilized Hatchling
Frostwolf Ghostpup
Gilnean Raven/Crow
Ghastly Kid
Hydraling
Jademist Dancer
Junglebeak
Lil' Ragnaros
Magical Crawdad
Nightshade Sproutling
Qiraji Guardling
Rabbits
Snarly (and other crocs)
Son Of Sethe
Spectral Spinner
Stonegrinder
Trunks
Weebomination
Unborn Val'kyr
Vengeful Porcupette
Zomstrok

<strong>3rd tier</strong>
Blackfuse Bombling
Blossoming Ancient
Bonkers
Chi-Chi
Clockwork Gnome
Creepy Crate
Curious Wolvar Pup
Darkmoon Tonk
Darkmoon Rabbit
Direhorn
Emerald Proto-Whelp
Enchanted broom
Ikky
Infected Squirrel
Infested Bear Cub
Kun-Lai Runt
Lil' Bling
Macabre Marionette
Mechanical Axebeak
Moths (due to rng)
Mr. Bigglesworth
Netherspace Abyssal
Nexus Whelpling
Prairie Mouse
Puddle Terror
Scalded Basilisk Hatchling
Scourged Whelpling
Sen'Jin Fetish
Servant Of Demidos
Singing Sunflower
Son Of Animus
Spirit Crab
Warbot
Xu-Fu
Zandalari Raptors

I suppose these will be the only changes for now, since people need to start making their teams for PBL season two.
03/06/2016 03:43 PMPosted by Alkavar

I originally created this list (along with massive input from the community) to place restrictions on the teams that could be used for the pet of the month competition, a competition that I used to run on my blog (pvppetbattles.com). That competition is on hold, but the list is still used to point newish pvp pet battlers to when they ask what pets are good at pvp. It is going to be used now as a list of pets which are restricted from the pet battle league.
every time I see this list it makes me cringe. I would like to join a competition that has no restrictions. play the game as the game was intended. I am not scared of the so called tier pet's, in fact i'm pretty sure the reason I only see these pets in battle now is because of this list, which is great as I take personal pleasure in taking all of them down in my quest to 5k.
03/07/2016 07:23 AMPosted by Cykotic
every time I see this list it makes me cringe. I would like to join a competition that has no restrictions. play the game as the game was intended. I am not scared of the so called tier pet's, in fact i'm pretty sure the reason I only see these pets in battle now is because of this list, which is great as I take personal pleasure in taking all of them down in my quest to 5k.

I understand that sentiment. I also understand the "winning is everything" argument.

However, some of us get really bored with the meta the way it is. I have someone spamming Graves/MPD/FoA, most likely in search of 1k or even (gasp) 5k wins. I stomp this person regularly with two of my best teams. This morning I battled this same team 8 times in a row and won 7 out of 8 (damn mouse kept hitting only 2 flurries in the loss). It was fun once or twice, by battle 8 it was boring.

In the tournaments, and in this case the league, some of us want a chance to battle other people with different teams and pets that we see every day in the queue.

My plans for next season are much less restrictive, so perhaps you can join us then.
03/07/2016 07:23 AMPosted by Cykotic

Some people get tired of non stop Graves, Weebom, and MPD. Don't blame them. I see those 3 pets 8 out of 10 matches each day. I don't lose to them, but still gets annoying real quick.

Sometimes its fun excluding the usual pets and using different strategies. There is an entire family of pets that aren't used anymore due to their counter being super strong nowadays.

The reason why people use them is not because of a list. It is because the pets are stronger than the average pets.