PBL Season Two

Pet Battles
03/09/2016 05:05 PMPosted by Okgoodbye
After subtracting all of your banned pets as well as duplicate (same move set pets), I'm getting a (very) rough estimated number of 178 possible pets to choose five from. That's a little too narrow scope for me. I fear far too many teams will be the same.

Regrettably, I think I'm going to sit upon the proverbial bleachers this season and watch the excitement from the stands. I'll be rooting for the underdogs and any/all Elekk Plushies!!

You can't pick five pets from 178?
I am not participating in the tournament, but here are 10 off the top of my head.

dragonkin Onyxia whelp/Spawn of Onyxia
critter Rapana Whelk/Red Cricket
magic Twilight Fiendling/Nordrassil Wisp
aquatic Mr. Chilly/Moonshell crab
elemental Frigid Frostling/Molten Corgi
Eve, I feel that to be a hostile reply considering all of us in the guild are supposed to be playing nicely with eachother in light of recent events.

Listen, all I'm saying is I don't care for some of the parameters this season and that is why I won't be participating.

No biggie and no disrespect meant. /hug
03/09/2016 05:05 PMPosted by Okgoodbye
After subtracting all of your banned pets as well as duplicate (same move set pets), I'm getting a (very) rough estimated number of 178 possible pets to choose five from. That's a little too narrow scope for me. I fear far too many teams will be the same.

Regrettably, I think I'm going to sit upon the proverbial bleachers this season and watch the excitement from the stands. I'll be rooting for the underdogs and any/all Elekk Plushies!!

Wow, I had such a hard time choosing from all of the different pets. There were so many different combinations and synergies to choose from. So far out of the three people who entered there are thirteen different pets (out of a possible maximum of fifteen).

Edit: I wanted to mention I understand if you're not feeling up to it. Hell, I didn't join some tournaments because I didn't like the way opponents were chosen (the choose your own method that was being used for a short time).
03/09/2016 06:33 AMPosted by Senatorjones
I think you have a good point. It would be very hard for new people to the realm to get 1000 gold in the short time listed, This might limit the number of possible participants. I understand why the entrance fee is now required, but maybe something else could be done or waived at this time?

Last time people signed up but then didn't take the tournament seriously. It impacted everyone's scores. I took someone's advice and put up a requirement that would make people be somewhat invested in it. It seems that this approach has produced a much worse outcome: not many people joining.
03/09/2016 07:21 PMPosted by Okgoodbye
Eve, I feel that to be a hostile reply considering all of us in the guild are supposed to be playing nicely with eachother in light of recent events.

Listen, all I'm saying is I don't care for some of the parameters this season and that is why I won't be participating.

No biggie and no disrespect meant. /hug

While I try to be pleasant and cordial. I find myself to get sassy whenever I try to address a complaint that I deem (and no offence meant) is baseless. Narrow is not the word I'd use. There's plenty to choose if I can assemble two teams in 5 minutes. In hindsight, that last sentence I threw in was pointless. Apologies. I'll remove it.

There's something you have to understand and I don't mean to be insulting with this fact either, but people are going to pick the best pets regardless of what restrictions are made as said best pets have the best chance of winning so chances are you'll see those same pets. I feel like your view is superfluous as it happens in all cases, but if you disagree I'll just chalk it up to differing opinions.

/hug
For those looking to make quick gold on CC I made over 1000 gold before selling Sunfur Pandas on this server. :)
When I made my toon on CC, I offered pets for sale to guildies first. (I just wanted to have some pocket cash.) I believe I sold a Syd to someone in the guild, but pets at any price point would work. There are a ton of pets that sell for around 1000g, so reach out to your fellow guildies if you are having trouble making quick bucks on the AH.

I'm working on my team today.

EDIT: I posted this last season, but for those who still need it, my battletag is Baldulf#1663. My CC toon is Brotherdale.

EDIT 2: DISCO - Thundering Serpent Hatchling should also be on the Cyclone ban list.
03/10/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Mordha

EDIT 2: DISCO - Thundering Serpent Hatchling should also be on the Cyclone ban list.

Thank you, fixed.

For the record, my motivation this time around was to give people a chance to play with underused pets and actually have a chance of winning. I originally wanted to limit the pets to the five families listed. I realized that if I did that then everyone would choose Cyclone, Mana Surge or Dreadful Breath teams. After those options were gone, everyone would probably choose all of the best pets from the tier list, of which many still remained, so I decided to exclude the tier list.

Unless there is something that I missed, there is no stand out comp that will dominate everything, so people have more flexibility in their choice of teams. I think that the participants will be able to have a fun and competitive experience that is different than what we experience in the queue every day.
03/10/2016 08:39 AMPosted by Mordha
There are a ton of pets that sell for around 1000g, so reach out to your fellow guildies if you are having trouble making quick bucks on the AH.

[/quote]

That's a great idea.

Ofphelia mentioned something similar last night. Her idea was to accept pets in lieu of the gold. Of course your pet would be returned at the end of the league. What do people think of this?
Ok my pet sold. I've sent in my entry etc. Btag is GibButts#1186 and Cenarion Circle character is Honchkrow. Good luck everyone, hope we get a few more entries.
Okay, my team and insurance is in to you, Disco.

***If anyone is having trouble raising funds, I have about 3000g left on the realm, so I'd be happy to take (reasonable) pets in hock from up to three people for 1000g a piece and give them back after.

DISCO: I suggest that we set checksums on the spreadsheet this season to show immediately if any player's row and column match totals are off. I'm not the greatest spreadsheet whiz in the world, but I can start tinkering with how to make that work, if you would like me to. (Alternately, if you already know how to do that easily, I'll hold your coat.)
03/06/2016 10:27 AMPosted by Discodoggy
As of now here is what I need from the guild:

3 volunteers to supervise gatherings.

A "really good pet" for the winner of the drawing.

Right now I have the following donation pets left over from last season:

lvl 25 Rascal-Bot
lvl 25 Nightmare Bell
lvl 25 Gu'chi Swarmling
lvl 25 Leaping Hatchling

Are any of those good enough for first through third place?
I'm holding a S/S Darkmoon Rabbit in my bags. Say the word and it's yours as first prize.

I'm going to stay out of this season. My schedule is just too wild. :)

I can, however, volunteer to supervise the first gathering at 0700-0730 server time. Just remind me and I can attend after work.
And then it got crazyier (yes, with a y!)...

Thanks to an extremely generous Veluuli the first place prize is now an S/S Darkmoon Rabbit.

That, along with the chance at with winning a B/B Hyacinth Mccaw just for being at one of the gatherings should be enough motivation for those of you who may have been on the fence to join.

As of now there are six participants.

If anyone is having trouble getting the 1k to join by tomorrow let me know of your plight and perhaps a solution can be found.
03/10/2016 03:14 PMPosted by Darmande
03/06/2016 10:27 AMPosted by Discodoggy
As of now here is what I need from the guild:

3 volunteers to supervise gatherings.

A "really good pet" for the winner of the drawing.

Right now I have the following donation pets left over from last season:

lvl 25 Rascal-Bot
lvl 25 Nightmare Bell
lvl 25 Gu'chi Swarmling
lvl 25 Leaping Hatchling

Are any of those good enough for first through third place?
I'm holding a S/S Darkmoon Rabbit in my bags. Say the word and it's yours as first prize.

I'm going to stay out of this season. My schedule is just too wild. :)

I can, however, volunteer to supervise the first gathering at 0700-0730 server time. Just remind me and I can attend after work.

Is that a pm time? I've got the early morning crowd all wrapped up, although your company is always welcome :)
I've been busy and haven't picked out pets yet, but I'll do that tonight and send everything in. Just so registration doesn't close on me!
my Btag is Disma #1599. senatorjones
My tag is zaustus#1950 . Cenarion Circle character is Ulfbrecht.
7am Pacific is normally a pretty good time for me, but to be honest, I don't want to wade into battles without a chance to see the other teams first, so I won't be there this morning. Looking forward to seeing the final rosters! Should be an intense league with this few combatants!
Participants and Pets:

Discodoge, SpiritCrab #1954 - Lava Beetle, Golden Dragonhawk Hatchling, Crazy Carrot, Spectral Tiger Cub, Leviathan Hatchling

Muddshovel: Willy, Porcupette, Gahz'rooki, Death Talon Whelpguard, Tiny Bog Beast

Crittir - Mongoose, Fire Beetle, Death Talon Whelpguard, Forest Sproutling, Zeradar

Senatorjones, Disma #1599 - Bandicoon, Blue Dragonhawk Hatchling, Syd The Squid, Tundra Penguin, Crazy Carrot

Brotherdale - Dark Whelpling, Lovebird Hatchling, Brightpaw, Spawn Of G'Nathus, Electrified Razortooth

Honchkrow, GibButts#1186 - Death Talon Whelpguard, Shimmershell Snail, Nordrassil Wisp, Thundertail Flapper, Spawn Of G'Nathus

Ulfbrecht, zaustus#1950 - Soul Of The Aspects, Frostfur Rat, Syd The Squid, Tundra Penguin, Tiny Snowman

Salpanda - Wild Crimson Hatchling, Lucky Quillen Cub, Lesser Voidcaller, Spawn Of G'Nathus, Shard Of Cyruhk

Good luck all.

Edit: I can't remember if I chose the golden or red dragonhawk, a fire or lava bug. I'll wait until Darmand is on to let me know before I do any battles.
My battles from the gathering:
VS Ulbrecht: 1 loss, 1 win
VS Senatorjones: 2 wins
VS Crittir: 2 losses
VS Brotherdale: 2 losses