Water Striders mounts new limitation

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 25 Next
02/23/2016 03:54 PMPosted by Crepe
So they may be trying to make us swim through those instead of bypassing them.

you know

they could easily make said areas DISMOUNT YOU
This doesn't even make sense, why would they do this?
I haven't seen this in game yet.

I can see what they may be trying to do, though. There are water currents that actually matter in some areas. So they may be trying to make us swim through those instead of bypassing them.

But yeah. It's one of the 3 mounts I keep on my taskbars. So this is sad.

Then I suppose I could see not being able to use them in those Legion areas -- that would make sense, I guess. But elsewhere? WTF, Blizz?
02/23/2016 03:58 PMPosted by Tadkins

1. Because they are talking to the wrong people.
2. Because they have no idea what value means anymore.

Take your pick.
02/23/2016 04:01 PMPosted by Hauthorn
02/23/2016 03:58 PMPosted by Tadkins

1. Because they are talking to the wrong people.
2. Because they have no idea what value means anymore.

Take your pick.

And the whole "You're going to play through this the way we want you to, and only the way we want you to, and you're going to enjoy it" thing worked out so well in WoD...
02/23/2016 03:57 PMPosted by Felrynn

You just gave me a flashback to when our mounts were hydrophobic and entering water dismounted you.

I'd say that technology might be... possible.
This seems like a REALLY bad idea. REALLY bad. Makes me a tad irritated.
I ground out those mounts because I wanted to RIDE THEM.
I love the red one.
Why not just have the areas in question dismount you as mentioned above?? Seems much more "customer friendly" to me.
I'd crack a "Oh no, whatever will I do... OH WAIT, PATH OF FROST!" joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bliz nuked that ability come Legion. There is no fun but Blizzard Fun™.
02/23/2016 03:57 PMPosted by Felrynn
So they may be trying to make us swim through those instead of bypassing them.

you know

Hey, just like in Vanilla!

Have to say this is a bad idea. Items, titles, mounts, etc. that are earned should never be taken away. It devalues the sense of accomplishment as well as the time and experience the player will have put into the game. And that's just a disincentive to play.
I haven't seen this in game yet.

I can see what they may be trying to do, though. There are water currents that actually matter in some areas. So they may be trying to make us swim through those instead of bypassing them.

But yeah. It's one of the 3 mounts I keep on my taskbars. So this is sad.

Or they could have made those currents dismount you. Excellent job on using a hammer to turn a tiny screw.
If they are seriously going to nerf them it is a really stupid move. This is the first thing this expansion that pisses me off.
yea. this change sucks.
02/23/2016 03:33 PMPosted by Iiotian
Just Blizzard nerfing fun again.

Blizzard developer "Fun detected! Must Nerf!"
If they do not want it in the new content, that is fine but do not remove it's functionality for 1-85. (1-60 is where it really matters)

Edit: I hope this is only one of those "temp things" they do during development.
Fun detected

Fun nerfed
In <redacted>, coming out <redacted>, players can not only get mounts, right off the bat, but they have mounted combat, and you can actually get a carriage, with 4 horses, to carry stuff around with.

And you don't just POOF onto your mount, you actually can stake a post into the ground to park them, or release them, and use a whistle to call them back...

Mean while, in WoW land, they are taking away mounts, for their next BIG THING, even though it takes BOAT LOADS of fishing to get one of them.

Can you say BALANCE MONGERED!

You do realize that actively advertising another game on GD is one of the quicker ways to get banned. Right?

Now, back to the actual thread subject:

I do not have a Waterstrider. They look cool, and I'm always jelly when I see someone running across the water with one.

That said? Yeah. Even though I don't have one, I agree that it's a pretty big middle finger to the folks that worked hard to get one.

What's next, Blizz? Removing Water Walk and Path of Frost?
02/23/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Crepe

You just gave me a flashback to when our mounts were hydrophobic and entering water dismounted you.

I'd say that technology might be... possible.

NVM Crepe.

I was momentarily excited, and forgot we don't have free speech here...
Main a shaman you scrubs :)