Question about Realm Transfers

Customer Support
1 2 3 5 Next
So I have decided to change realms and establish a new home. I went to do it and it failed due to having to much gold. I looked at limits on https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300530 page and it says characters level 100+ the limit is up to 250,000. Levels 81- 99 are 50,000. Obviously this character is level 100, so it should fall into the 250.000 limit no?
It's always been 50k

I don't know where you are getting 250k from.....
02/24/2016 02:34 PMPosted by Quickstopx
It's always been 50k

He is not wrong. The link to the support article now says 250k for lvl 100+

Not sure if it is a typo or a policy change.
02/24/2016 02:36 PMPosted by Mirasol
02/24/2016 02:34 PMPosted by Quickstopx
It's always been 50k

He is not wrong. The link to the support article now says 250k for lvl 100+

Not sure if it is a typo or a policy change.

It says at the top the page was updated 1 day ago, so it may be a recent change.

Maybe something didn't quite "stick" if they changed the limit?
02/24/2016 02:38 PMPosted by Eppa
It says at the top the page was updated 1 day ago, so it may be a recent change.

It is, but unfortunately the change had not yet made it live. We hope to have that done fairly soon.

Dravenal, give it a few hours and try again. We should hopefully have it updated by then.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
Thanks to all.
well not yet it hasn't, and don't see the new gold cap. Changed back or no?
02/24/2016 09:04 PMPosted by Balzomine
well not yet it hasn't, and don't see the new gold cap. Changed back or no?

If you check the link in the first post, it is still listing the 250k transfer limit for level 100. To see the limits, check the restrictions section on the drop down in the "Make a selection" box.

As Vrak said, it should go live soon. I'd give it a day or so and then check.
now if blizzard would only add a "group transfer" so can transfer multiple characters in one transaction
02/24/2016 09:28 PMPosted by Deneth
now if blizzard would only add a "group transfer" so can transfer multiple characters in one transaction

Then use this link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/suggestions-to-improve-blizzard-games
would this cap also apply to a faction change?
The cap doesn't apply to faction changes as far as I know. Same economy.
oh my very nice ty blizz
Though I did just try again and it still is saying I am over limit. An I am only a little of 60k in gold.

Though fairly soon is left to interpretation so I just wait and try periodically. Not in any rush.
02/25/2016 04:15 AMPosted by Dravenal
Though I did just try again and it still is saying I am over limit. An I am only a little of 60k in gold.

Though fairly soon is left to interpretation so I just wait and try periodically. Not in any rush.
The link in your original post was updated 4 hours ago, and reflects the current gold cap for transfers. 81-99, and 100+ are both set at a 50K gold cap for transferring.

It has to be 50,000 to the cent (or less). Even 1 copper over that limit will prevent you from transferring.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300530
(updated article).
02/25/2016 04:23 AMPosted by Roxanne

The link in your original post was updated 4 hours ago, and reflects the current gold cap for transfers. 81-99, and 100+ are both set at a 50K gold cap for transferring.

It has to be 50,000 to the cent (or less). Even 1 copper over that limit will prevent you from transferring.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300530
(updated article).

Well then, that changed fast. It was set at 250,000 for 100+ characters yesterday.
Thanks
It sounds like they do indeed want to make a change, but that it just hasn't been moved yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out ;)

In the meantime Dravenal, you can purchase something from the AH and resell it when you get to your new server. On my server, Champion's Honor tend to do pretty well and are an easy commodity to sell off.
02/25/2016 04:55 AMPosted by Perl
It sounds like they do indeed want to make a change, but that it just hasn't been moved yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out ;)

glad they are at least revisiting the limits. hopefully the change to the support article and the subsequent reversion isn't an indication that they've changed their mind on this. vrakthis seemed to think it was about to go live (i.e. a few hours). i think the new 250k limit will help honest customers move gold across realms more easily, although $25 is a bit steep to mule some gold over (and you'd need to use a lvl 100 toon). i've sent in a few suggestions to facilitate this, including a paid service to move the gold (i think i suggested $5 per 100k). the buying and selling of account bound items is a rather clunky way to move gold around.
02/25/2016 07:31 AMPosted by Bänanas
the buying and selling of account bound items is a rather clunky way to move gold around.
Nobody with any sense buys and sells account-bound items as a way to move large amounts of gold from server to server. Vendoring account-bound items isn't even an efficient way to waste unwanted gold.

Most people interested in throwing away as little of their gold as possible buy high-value items to resell on their destination realm.
02/25/2016 07:31 AMPosted by Bänanas
hopefully the change to the support article and the subsequent reversion isn't an indication that they've changed their mind on this.

Please stop with the theories that only serve to spread false rumors around that do not provide value to the community but serve to plant seeds of doubt. There is absolutely no indication that we've "changed our mind". >.<

I normally would have deleted the comment but that hasn't proven to be educational and simply generates more tickets from you, which has been discussed at length already.

Unfortunately, there has been a bit of a delay with the system update. I'm not sure what is causing it but hopefully it won't be much longer. The original word I had was it was supposed to happen shortly after I posted yesterday but alas that did not happen.

If it is delayed much longer we may revert the support article until it is. Sorry for the inconvenience. If I get additional information on when the update has been made I'll post here letting you know.