Refer-A-Friend on the same IP

Customer Support
My wife and I live together (naturally). She would like to play World of Warcraft with me, and I plan on buying the game for her coming birthday. She doesn't have a Battle.net account yet, but obviously she'll have one when she gets the game.

I would like to take advantage of the Refer-A-Friend features (can't wait to get that awesome mount). Now, my only concern is that we live under the same roof, using the same IP address. Would this be considered fraud to use Refer-A-Friend on your own IP?
03/07/2016 09:32 PMPosted by Faelathar
Now, my only concern is that we live under the same roof, using the same IP address. Would this be considered fraud to use Refer-A-Friend on your own IP?

Not at all. If that was the case some college dorms would be in a lot of trouble. I have RaF myself with two bnet account under the same roof.
03/07/2016 09:35 PMPosted by Thundertotem
03/07/2016 09:32 PMPosted by Faelathar
Now, my only concern is that we live under the same roof, using the same IP address. Would this be considered fraud to use Refer-A-Friend on your own IP?

Not at all. If that was the case some college dorms would be in a lot of trouble. I have RaF myself with two bnet account under the same roof.

This exactly, not a thing wrong with using a RAF yourself, or with a family member.

You can have up to eight WoW licenses on a single Battle.net, so no - same IP is no trouble at all.

You are correct, she should have her own Battle.net account.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.