Removing garrison gold is a mistake in Legion

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
Okay first off. While I do enjoy easy gold gains. The problem of it. It devalues the gold too. Inflation. Hell I know people who tip hundreds of gold just for a portal. Not that they're generous but the gold they got barely goes as far as it used to.

The only benefits to this gold farm. It allows the not already super ultra rich to make bank before Legion. Have their time in the richy rich world..

Things like mount training, vender items etc. Those are easy to obtain.

However the gold farms are a problem going forward and to new players. Could you imagine somebody who's legitimately new to game has trouble getting low level mats. So he checks the AH to find things like Copper going for a few hundred gold for a stack of 20?

Yeah. Also how are dailies and Legion Methods of earning gold supposed to be viable if the Garrison is still a gold farm?

I gotten 2k gold on one follower Mission. I think that kinda points out how bad the Garrisons are inflating the gold reserves. Of course that said. If the Gold Farm Garrisons are temporary that will allow it to stabilize eventually. As it stands. Going to Legion if something is rare like a equivalent to the Motorcycle mounts were during Wraith. Then what should I list it for a Million?

Though a new alt Currency could help too. There are games with multiple Game Currencies.
And how is gold going to be made after?
I just started playing again, i dont see any income from my garrison, its not level 3
all i see if some bonus XP on some quests, and a minion army to call for help sometimes.

I have almost gotten all the quests done i think, and i havent seen any gold income from those to jump up and down about, i make more gold doing a quick solo run of ICC 25H

So it seems that currently, the garrison is the main source of revenue, if/when i figure out how to use them.

I can understand people worrying about it being removed, i went to the auction house, and mundane things like copper bars were selling at insane prices, low level toons and new player do not have that kind of income.
I know you are saying removing the garrisons will drive down prices, by making less gold, but that wont happen, at least not right away.

People with tons of gold will horde it and hold onto it refusing to spend, people that have aquired a lot of stuff that they have become accustomed to selling for a hugely inflated price will stubbornly refuse to drop
the prices.
Things dont generally pick up until the market collapses and goes stale.

It sounds like the change will be entirely too abrupt, it would be better to phase it in slowly
You get more than enough gold from questing to level up to pay for a Garrison if for some god forsaken reason someone just leveling to cap feels like they have to level one up.

The amount of gold people have gotten from Garrisons this expansion is insane - they should have cut the amount of gold missions in half and removed treasure hunter followers a month into the expansion.
Biggest problem with garrison gold is that it was implemented in the first place. I skipped most of the expansion and so the time to optimize several Garrisons and I've still made hundreds of thousands of gold in a few months. It's a completely different magnitude of money than was ever in the game before. And what's worse is that unlike AH piles, Garrisons are money printers. They create new currency, same as farming mobs except you can't farm anything in the world competitively relative them. They have grown the money supply in the game by orders of magnitude.
I just wanna say, I find it amusing so many people are for the gold removal, yet there are also so many that complain about having to spend gold in Legion for spec transfers and expensive mounts.. makes a lot of sense right?

Also, I am not saying I am for or against it. It's just hard to take someone seriously who is disappointed with one feature and says another feature should be taken out, which may be a useful tool to help compensate for the prior disappointment.
Removing incentive from garrisons is like admitting garrisons were a mistake.
I'm glad Blizzard understands that.
Garrisons should never have been a gold pinata in the first place.
05/15/2016 10:40 AMPosted by Curemaster
I just wanna say, I find it amusing so many people are for the gold removal, yet there are also so many that complain about having to spend gold in Legion for spec transfers and expensive mounts.. makes a lot of sense right?

And if you'll take the time to notice, many of the ones complaining about the 2 mil mount, the 1 mil pet and the spec swap fee are people who did not optimize their garrisons to make gold. They didn't *have* the loot pinata going on for them. I certainly didn't.

Removal of gold from garrisons won't really affect them. I still make my gold from questing, old raids and the AH.

The garrison should never have been allowed to reach the level of ridiculousness that it did. The economy is royally mucked up right now because of it. Things that were selling for 200k prior to WoD are now hovering around gold cap. So an item that was in the grasp of someone like me in Mists as long as I put in some effort, just shot out of reach over the course of a single expansion. That should never, ever have happened.
05/15/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Caraquesse
05/15/2016 10:40 AMPosted by Curemaster

And if you'll take the time to notice, many of the ones complaining about the 2 mil mount, the 1 mil pet and the spec swap fee are people who did not optimize their garrisons to make gold. They didn't *have* the loot pinata going on for them. I certainly didn't.

Removal of gold from garrisons won't really affect them. I still make my gold from questing, old raids and the AH.

The garrison should never have been allowed to reach the level of ridiculousness that it did. The economy is royally mucked up right now because of it. Things that were selling for 200k prior to WoD are now hovering around gold cap. So an item that was in the grasp of someone like me in Mists as long as I put in some effort, just shot out of reach over the course of a single expansion. That should never, ever have happened.

I understand where you are coming from, I am just kinda playing the Devils advocate here for arguments sake.

On that note though, you did admit that people didn't optimize their garrisons to get gold. That would have been their choice not to do so. So complaining about it and knowing you could have done something about it is still a sad argument. In the site of someone outside looking in, you basically hurt yourself by not doing it and then are upset because now there is something coming that is going to be out of reach because you chose not too. I dunno, it just seems silly to me I guess.

Also, I too feel that the gold influx is way out there and needs to get into control, and by having such things coming in to control them in different ways have made people even more irate. People want control but don't want hindrance with it. Sometimes these hindrances are necessary to achieve what other people are arguing for. And by these two separate agruments, you can kinda see why Blizz doesn't take everything we say seriously.

On a final note. I do hope they find something that works out really well and everyone will be more happier with. I do agree garrisons free gold is a little too much and needs fixing, but I also agree that their needs to be staples in the game that helps control the amounts of gold that is out there.
Want...garrisons.....gone. The dev time spent making it could of given us another raid, another zone, an actual city and a bg. Make garrisons go and fire the person who came up with the idea just to remove any potential of its return.
If you have not noticed, blizz is trying to tackle gold inflation. At least a little bit.

Right now soloing all of the cataclysm raids takes about 2-4 hours depending on how fast you can travel and nets 8k gold. You don't need to be a prot pally, I just did firelands, blackwing descent, and bastion of shadow last night on my rogue. Next xpack every class will likely be able to solo all of pandarias raids easily.

How much gold do you think the panda raids will net? I'd bet 15k minimum. A week.

Then there's garrisons. People are putting in minimal effort for massive amounts of gold once they have figured out garrisons. I don't think blizz intended for people to make as much gold with garrisons as people are. Class halls with be the new garrisons and you will make money with them now instead.
05/15/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Dystas
I don't think blizz intended

Blizz didn't think period or at the very least they are listening to the wrong people. However, between the tokens being added and the garrisonville debacle the economy s more screwed up than gold sellers could of ever managed. Ironic that 2 aspects created to fight gold sellers cause more harm then the gold sellers themselves.
02/24/2016 01:48 AMPosted by Jerauld
I'm okay they're getting rid of the Gold from missions, but they need to make some tweaks to the Garrison moving forward. All resource costs for building and upgrading should cost only Garrison resources, it should use no gold whatsoever for post-WoD. Raise the Garrison resource cap or remove it the cap entirely. Increase the amount of resources gained from Trading Post and Lumbermill work orders.

Nor only liked, but quoted. I hope ALL garrison upgrades will purely require garrison resources. Nothing else. Keep that currency in wod content, make it the only wod currency. Gold, apexis crystals, no. If wod and garrisons are the shame of WoW, tie them together , alone, and be done with it.

They are removing the legendary quest chain. Just make garrison resources THE currency of AU dreanor for repairs and everything.
My 6 garrisons net 200k+ a month. They need to nerf the gold or we will keep the factories going and inflation will be so high players will not be able to afford anything unless they have multiple garrisons that they maintain daily.
02/24/2016 01:46 AMPosted by Adelphie
Making garrisons give such a ridiculous amount of gold in the first place was a mistake. You shouldn't make thousands upon thousands of gold for not playing the game.

People ARE playing, just maybe not the way you like to play. I will admit it's totally different from what I'd see as a "Traditional MMO experience." The Garrison may or may not be for everyone, and it would perhaps seem that Blizzard tried it as a test, to bring a Castle/Clash style aspect to WoW. Call it what you like, but it's still sitting in a chair, making decisions, and pressing a bunch of keys in the end :) I personally enjoyed it a good bit, as I have only bits of time to devote, and no contiguous hours for raiding like some do, particularly for pet battles. You can log in, do a little, and back out.