World of Warcraft: Traveler Book Series

Story Forum
Coming soon!

We’re pleased to announce a new collaboration with Scholastic, the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books on a new book series for kids ages 8-12 —World of Warcraft: Traveler!

Read the blog post (which includes introductory video) here.
Between this, Snow Fight, and Pearl of Pandaria, Blizz is growing quite a library of kid's books. I enjoyed the others though, so I'll probably get these ones. Will there be new lore in them or is it a more personal story?
03/29/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Lightisright
Between this, Snow Fight, and Pearl of Pandaria, Blizz is growing quite a library of kid's books. I enjoyed the others though, so I'll probably get these ones. Will there be new lore in them or is it a more personal story?

I'm not sure about new lore but it seems it could happen incidentally along the way. It's definitely more of an adventure/personal story from a very different perspective.
Glad to see a new perspective in the Warcraft Universe. New characters and new heroes and new methods of storytelling are always great ways to expand the universe. I have a good feeling about this!
03/29/2016 09:54 PMPosted by Leiaran
Glad to see a new perspective in the Warcraft Universe. New characters and new heroes and new methods of storytelling are always great ways to expand the universe. I have a good feeling about this!
And the art is pretty too! Do we know what tree this is?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2016/march/newBook11.jpg
Can't wait to get my hands on it! ...even if I don't have any children. xD
I'm looking forward to it ! :)
Will there be a Horde version, or is this series more Alliance leaning? (Not that it really matters...)
404 error when I try and click on the link
Hmm, I got a 404 when I clicked link...will the stories be released in different languages, and if so, when can we expect it? I'd like to purchase a collection for my nephew in Deutschland
This sounds like a great premise for a book. The world can't be in danger ALL the time, we can't fight back a supervillain ALL the time.

This should be considered lore and canon, just because it's not about Illidan or Gul'dan or Varian doesn't mean that Eric isn't a character with his own journey to fulfill.

I like that we'll be seeing the Warcraft universe on a smaller scale and through the eyes of an adventuring child (the side of ourselves that we've probably lost as we focus on gear grinds and pvp balance). Eric will see the world as we first did in WoW, with wonder and amazement.
03/29/2016 03:44 PMPosted by Nethaera
03/29/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Lightisright

I'm not sure about new lore but it seems it could happen incidentally along the way. It's definitely more of an adventure/personal story from a very different perspective.

For posterity, there is definitely tons of new lore in this book. I'll have a thread up with all of it soon.
Awesome book will be giving copy to my younger nephews this holiday.

Great new characters and story. Great flow and great to see new perspectives on different races.

I hope that future volumes add more new friends.
11/01/2016 12:03 AMPosted by Cannibal
03/29/2016 03:44 PMPosted by Nethaera

For posterity, there is definitely tons of new lore in this book. I'll have a thread up with all of it soon.

Did you ever make that Thread? I'd very much like to read it lol