Druids are OP

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
04/11/2016 11:39 AMPosted by Hibernator
Can't say I disagree. Is that the problem? You're 3v1ing against ferals and losing?

definitely not. but it sounded like you were saying feral SHOULD be able to 3v1 and not die.

04/11/2016 11:39 AMPosted by Hibernator
I think (if we are talking sanity now) the idea in 3s is that you pick a kill target and try to kill him-- 3v1-- before you get peeled.

with some comps, yes. something like RMD or Godcomp your goal is to isolate the kill target and cc his partners so you can burst without fear of interruptions.

other comps like L/S/D, Turbo, WW/DK, dont rely on that, they'll save small CC's (something like a shadowfury, or an incap, or strangulate or stormbolt) for a healer at an important moment and finish off a target in that 2-5s without really caring about what the kill targets 3rd teammate is doing.

And when your choosing a target in 3's, its more to do with cooldowns and positioning than just relentlessly tunneling a target. Yes, a feral makes a good target to kill, but so does a rogue tbh. Even with evasion and feint and vanishes, rogues can still flop pretty easily. Mostly what it takes to kill a target is just a full stun on them. Rogues will die just as easily in a Psychic Horror --> HoJ set up as a feral will.
Hmm well I'm going to break tradition here and say I agree with you V. You have to consider the comp, and a decent feral is a strong addition to a good team.
How to beat a feral: A guide for someone who can't play their class.

Before I get started, I want to clarify there is a difference between someone who has just started feral vs someone who just started some other class. All classes have a skill ceiling, and the reason people dislike ferals so much is because they are actually very easy to get into, but actually knowing the ins and outs of the spec is entirely different. Anyways...

1) Have a general idea of how to play: This means know the basics of pvp, these include the following: don't burst right into survival instincts, learn when the feral is going to use incarnation, pay attention to when they're about to cyclone you or a teammate, predict opens and use defensives when necessary, and remember ferals have good healing capability if they need to use it.

2) Purge. Purging is always a good thing to do, not only will purge and other effects similar to it remove effects like a paladin's bop hand, but it also clears magical buffs that are applied to any class, including stat buffs. What does this mean for ferals? Well, every time a feral spends a combo point, they have a 20% for each combo point to activate Predatory Swiftness, which allows use to use Entangling Roots or Healing Touch without mana or a cast time, this is applied as a magical effect. As mentioned earlier, feral survivability is about healing the damage you take, not avoiding it. If you purge swiftness, you take away a heal the feral could use, meaning your burst won't end up being wasteless.

3) Don't try to go for constant restealths: Any good feral will apply rake and rip on you, and unless if you have an absorb healer or you haul !@# away, you won't be able to go back into stealth.

4) Deny the open: This is a huge one. With glyph of savage roar, we open and get 40% increased physical damage, only when we use rip or shred from stealth though, if you get us out of stealth, gg.

hope this helps
04/11/2016 05:25 PMPosted by Cowt
hope this helps

it doesnt because its clear you have very little clue whats happening.
He actually gave really good, basic advice for dealing with ferals. It wasn't the most complex but it might help new players who feel they have zero chance against a feral some confidence. (Honestly, I win half the duels or arena matches I'm in because 2/3 of the time the other team gives up if they see a feral just because they read that ferals are unbeatable gods.)

In my opinion, ferals are really strong, I'm not going to deny it. Are they unbeatable or unkillable? Not at all. At this point in the x-pax there aren't going to be huge changes to the class. (And I like he changes for the most part that are coming in legion. Yay for bleeds being super important again!)

All you can really do is try to educate other people on the weakness of the class, which is only okayish healing outside of NV and mediocre defensive. A feral will drop really quickly if they have to eat a full stun. If you can spam slow them and force them to powershift all day, their damage takes a huge hit. Most ferals will just crack under pressure and kite, allowing you and your team to recover and roll out the dps.

Honestly, the most important advice I can give someone who has trouble with ferals, is don't give up just because you see one on your arena frame. There is so much silly, broken stuff in pvp right now that it's really dumb to complain about ferals.
04/11/2016 06:36 PMPosted by Diarmuid
He actually gave really good, basic advice for dealing with ferals.

1 & 2 maybe you can make an argument for...

3&4 are just goofy

3 especially.... rake and rip wont keep a feral (or a rogue) from restealthing, they'll just limit the amount of time the feral (or rogue) can stay in stealth. timed correctly, you can have rake and rip applied to you, and get a restealth long enough to get all the benefits of an opener.. (imp rake and full savage roar, and stun)

batting a 50% is no bueno imo.

04/11/2016 06:36 PMPosted by Diarmuid
. A feral will drop really quickly if they have to eat a full stun

sigh. you can't use this as an answer.... every spec except for mages and shamans flop when eating a full stun. Even something like a rogue, you get him in a full stun, and he'll die just as fast as a feral.... or an spriest? or a lock/war/pally? Maybe you'll struggle killing a resto druid who's able to pre-hot himself and pre-bear form in a single stun, but if a rdruid is predicting your incoming stun that effectively, good on him.
So what are you suggesting? Because I don't understand. Yes, every class suffers from a stun weakness, but I think it's especially true for ferals as the class lacks any ability to mitigate the damage while stunned unlike a lot of other classes. That and leather armor make physical damage really effective against ferals.

Like I said, I do agree that ferals are strong but I don't agree that they are OP. OP means they stand out from the norm but this is WoD and 85% (it feels like) of classes/comps are stupidly powerful. The strength of ferals just fits in the with the norm.

The issue I have with your post is that it feels like your are being argumentative for the sake of it and want to deny basic feral weaknesses and just say "other classes have they weakness too," or "yeah but it doesn't matter if their Achilles heel are stuns, fire and forget slows, *insert other weakness here* because all these other factors just make ferals gods."

Idk man, I'm not trying to be mean and I'm sorry if I come off that way. I just really don't understand what you are trying to say.
Feral is one of those classes everyone calls weak sauce until they encounter that rare someone who knows how to play it. (Def not me lulz.)

The above posters give some good advise. Get us out of stealth, which is maddeningly easy, before we can do our opener and we're at an immediate disadvantage.
04/12/2016 06:20 AMPosted by Diarmuid
, but I think it's especially true for ferals as the class lacks any ability to mitigate the damage while stunned unlike a lot of other classe

i think this is the main point people dont understand.... very few classes can mitigate damage while stunned.

dks
hunters
druids
monks
mage
priest
warlock
and warrior

all cannot. maybe you can knock warlocks off that list because specced and set up correctly, they *can* shield themselves with the voidwalker pet while stunned, but using a voidwalker is very uncommon.
I see your point, but just because the weakness is shared with other classes doesn't mean it isn't a weakness. Also monks do have a stun breaker with nimble brew. I know it isn't a way to mitigate damage but it does help. Mages can also blink out of stuns.

Feral Druids are fairly easy to pick up with their low skill floor but I mo, have a high skillcap and a good player can really shine with the class.

Train the Druid hard to keep them from going all out. Kite them and coordinate peels with your team. Playing Cupid my team only had a little bit of issues with ferals. I ate them alive playing turbo and I can mostly outplay other ferals on my Druid.

It is what it is man, it is what it is. I just don't agree that the class is OP compared to the rest of the meta.
04/12/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Diarmuid
. Also monks do have a stun breaker with nimble brew. I know it isn't a way to mitigate damage but it does help.

the discussion was about vulnerability while caught in a full stun. yes, monks have nimble brew (for now, its gone in legion) but thats a cooldown. once thats gone, you can full stun him and then what?
04/12/2016 11:21 AMPosted by Vayris
04/12/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Diarmuid
. Also monks do have a stun breaker with nimble brew. I know it isn't a way to mitigate damage but it does help.

the discussion was about vulnerability while caught in a full stun. yes, monks have nimble brew (for now, its gone in legion) but thats a cooldown. once thats gone, you can full stun him and then what?

That's true. As far as DPS is concerned your list was correct except Balance Druid. (Not that Barkskin is the greatest CD to mitigate damage during a stun but it's something.)

But just because the weakness isn't a feral only weakness doesn't mean it isn't a weakness. Honestly, I understand the OPs frustrations. What I'd recommend, is instead of me or other people trying to explain the weaknesses of ferals on paper, roll one up yourself. The only real way to learn how to counter another class on your main class is to play that class.

A few games at full gear and you'll learn really fast how stupidly easy it is to get yourself killed with bad positioning, and then you can take all the knowledge you've gained and use it to help you fight ferals on whatever class you happen to be on.
04/12/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Diarmuid
What I'd recommend, is instead of me or other people trying to explain the weaknesses of ferals on paper, roll one up yourself.

i did make a feral... played it at 2400mmr as fmp. and 2200 as feral/mage
04/12/2016 11:42 AMPosted by Vayris
04/12/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Diarmuid
What I'd recommend, is instead of me or other people trying to explain the weaknesses of ferals on paper, roll one up yourself.

i did make a feral... played it at 2400mmr as fmp. and 2200 as feral/mage

I know you have. I wasn't talking to you, my friend. I meant the OP. I should have been more clear, I apologize.
Ferals are strong but they aren't anymore broken then all the other classes right now. Good players know how to work ferals. Bad players dont. The end.
04/12/2016 06:02 PMPosted by Saarî
Ferals are strong but they aren't anymore broken then all the other classes right now. Good players know how to work ferals. Bad players dont. The end.

Pretty much, this.

Even at lower ratings people know not to let a Feral re-stealth. Personally, fully geared I get completely wiped out by enhancement shamen and moonkins.

Enh', constant purges and damage way higher than mine while Bear form is useless, then, Moonkins are like punching a dead pig; fully geared, I can go ham on them and do literally nothing... except eat tons of insta-procs which I can't outheal or outrun with faerie swarm on me.
04/10/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Angrybully
Both Feral and Restoration specs need nerfing. Major nerfing.

Can you give us a reason why?
04/13/2016 06:38 AMPosted by Telathian
04/10/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Angrybully
Both Feral and Restoration specs need nerfing. Major nerfing.

Can you give us a reason why?

Because if he can't beat them, it must be because they are OP.
I wish feral was more consistent in all honesty. Less burst and overwhelming CC during incarnation, less downtime in-between and more sustainable damage.

Tuning incarn around a 2 min CD, 18-20 second duration would be a start. 3min CDs are a liability since the pace of the game is set around 2min trinkets. Remove the damage bonus on shred and its a relatively balanced ability, even if it kept rake stun.

I honestly think that the worst thing to happen to feral this expansion was empowered rake. It put way too much focus and damage into the application of rake from stealth. Glyph of savage roar reinforces it even further.
04/13/2016 09:50 AMPosted by Jernanner
I wish feral was more consistent in all honesty. Less burst and overwhelming CC during incarnation,

Should be noted that my Fury Warrior is by far superior in damage to that of my Feral - whether I got with a Crit or Mastery based gear on the Feral. Both toons are full ilvl 710.

I really don't see why people complain about Feral.