You have been disconnected (BLZ51900007) **Linux**

Technical Support
Description / Background
Since downloading/installing Patch 6.2.4, when I try to log shortly after "Connecting" I get an error message and am booted back to the login screen. I am never presented with the option to select a server and the process never reaches the character select screen. I believe I logged out last night on Wyrmrest Accord.

This may be related to the other login issues people are having. I am not specifically getting an error suggesting my account is suspended as some others are, although it doesn't seem like everyone else is getting the same error.

I am not sure if this is relevant, but when I go to the Realm Status page all of the servers I have characters are on are listed as down. I am not sure if others reporting similar issues have observed the same.

Screenshots
http://imgur.com/rhFslBw (Login error)
http://imgur.com/yaR1GUm (Realm status)

Troubleshooting
I have already tried the following:
  • I reset my router.
  • I used the scan and repair tool.
  • I tried launching WoW both by manually running WoW.exe and WoW-64.exe and via the Battle.net app.
  • I tried loading WoW on a different computer. Though my laptop is not really capable of running the client at anything resembling a decent speed.

Troubleshooting Results
Issue was consistent with both the 32-bit and 64-bit clients on my desktop, but I did not experience the error when trying to log in on my laptop. I was able to connect to Aggramar and (in theory) play, although I logged out quickly because my laptop is lucky to get 3 fps which isn't really playable. I tried logging back in on my desktop but got the same error again.

Inference that this may be either a client-side software issue or some kind of authentication bug.
Thanks for the info! Experiencing the same problem and am also using Wine.

EDIT: Well, after updating to 1.9.6 still no dice....
Marked As Solution
Solution Found:
I found a fix. Not sure if the issue was being specifically triggered by it, but as a Linux user Wine was out of date. Updating to Wine 1.9.6 via the directions at https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu fixed the issue. Marking Solved. If this works or if there are different directions for your distribution, please comment with your results.
I upgraded to wine 1.9.5 through Sarnexs' winedri3 repo. It's a modified version of 1.9.5 but it worked for me all the same. Thank you Allialara!
Tried this, made things worse for me. Bnet would not even load in. Went back to previous older version, game loads like before but cant connect to anything.
03/22/2016 04:39 PMPosted by Raejien
Tried this, made things worse for me. Bnet would not even load in. Went back to previous older version, game loads like before but cant connect to anything.

Couple questions:
1. What distribution and version are you using?
2. What versions of Wine are you using?
3. What DLL overrides, if any, are you using?
4. Are you trying to use the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of of the Battle.net App/WoW?
5. Which exact error message are you getting when you try to log in? What was the error message you got when trying to start Battle.net with the latest version of Wine?
6. With the newer version of Wine, did you try to start WoW manually from the terminal? (i.e. "wine WoW-64.exe" from the directory?)
Linux. Ubuntu 14.10
Running with play on linux, wine version 7.44
Tried updating wine to newest version 7.9 and that actually made things worse, with the battle net launcher showing up blank. Went back to 7.44 able to launch game but still having connection issues.
64 bit version.
Yes I did try that, same result.
I am not receiving any error message, but I have left my WoW login screen running for an 1hr+ with it saying Connecting whilst doing nothing. Have tried multiple fixes but nothing is working. Posting in a thread with others using linux and they have tried updating wine but with no result.
http://imgur.com/TBYOAbY
Same boat, perma-"Connecting" with wine 1.9.6 after smooth upgrade via battle net.
03/22/2016 03:28 PMPosted by Allialara
Solution Found:
I found a fix. Not sure if the issue was being specifically triggered by it, but as a Linux user Wine was out of date. Updating to Wine 1.9.6 via the directions at https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu fixed the issue. Marking Solved. If this works or if there are different directions for your distribution, please comment with your results.

i updated my wine to the instructions on the link. Now i cant get passed the battlenet app. I tried switching back to the old wine version 1.7.44 and im still getting the same results
If it's stuck on connecting it's probably not initializing the connection properly. Barring a network issue (e.g. your router or ISP), which would be unlikely if the game was working yesterday, this is probably a software problem.

Please post your DLL overrides; you might need to enable one that you do not currently have.

I am using native DirectX, but these are the ones I have besides the DX9 ones:
*at80 (native,builtin)
*msvcm80 (native,builtin)
*msvcp80 (native,builtin)
*msvcr80 (native,builtin)
*msvcr90 (native,builtin)
*vcomp (native,builtin)
*wininet (native,builtin)
d3d_compiler (disabled)
dbghelp (native,builtin)
msvcp100 (native,builtin)
openal32 (native,builtin)

03/22/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Bluntfrenzy
i updated my wine to the instructions on the link. Now i cant get passed the battlenet app. I tried switching back to the old wine version 1.7.44 and im still getting the same results

What happens when you try to start WoW from the Battle.net app? Does it fail to load at all? Does it load, but throw an exception and crash?
I push the play button and then it says game is running.. but nothing loads, while everything remains normal works fine on the app
03/22/2016 05:48 PMPosted by Bluntfrenzy
I push the play button and then it says game is running.. but nothing loads, while everything remains normal works fine on the app

What happens when you try to start the app via WoW.exe or WoW-64.exe from the terminal?
well before I update my wine it would open through wine and try to download some packages but would go to an error. After updating wine (even after going back to 7.44) it no longer gives me an option to open with wine and just go to the blue screen with battlenet app on it and doesnt start up the app

im going to attempt removing wine completely and installing like i originally did....if i can remember all the steps haha
now im getting this when i try to launch the game
"The CAS system was unable to initialize: Client Handler: initialization error: failed to create storage component"
I had the logon issue "BLZ51900007" while running WoW in wine.

Updating to wine version 1.9.6 fixed my login issue (via https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu), thanks Allialara!

Just wanted everyone to know that this seems to work on Ubuntu/Ubuntu respins.

Note: For those interested I use a 32bit WoW client and an ATI video card with Xorg drivers. Hope this helps!
Same issue here....

Tried updating from 1.8.x stable branch to 1.9.x staging and devel, no dice.

And tried downgrading 1.7 and 1.6 (with playon) and still broken.

This must be something blizzard side.
For some of the people having trouble launching the game, it might help to try and completely removed wine before installing the newer version. Make sure you move your WoW and other game folders (I would ditch the battlenet folder), to a different spot temporarily.
Guide here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/15551/how-to-remove-wine-completely

Once the new version is installed, reboot and then be sure to create a 32bit prefix from terminal with:
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine WINEARCH='win32' winecfg

Move your game files to the new prefix and then reinstall battle.net
same error here
People, you don't have to go so far =)

I found another solution!

I've followed these steps:

#1 renamed .wine to wine_backup
#2 purged wine(1.6.2)
#3 installed wine 1.8 (stable)
#4 reinstalled battle .net
#5 copied wow folder from wine_backup and pasted into wine folder
#6 informed wow location folder on battle.net

So, you still will need to do the configurations described on:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/09/how-to-install-world-of-warcraft-in.html

I hope this will help you ppl :D
Funny,

I run FreeBSD and had a older version of wine and it's worked great until yesterday when I decided to update to wine 1.9.7 staging and now I'm getting this error with wine.

</3

I haven't had time to really get deep into it yet. Does anybody actually know what "BLZ51900007" actually means?