Stuck at Connecting

Technical Support
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
03/23/2016 09:04 PMPosted by Dethalin
Wife was having this error - I renamed the config.wtf file in the wtf folder to config.wtfold and it let her in. She had been having the same issue all day.

I tried this
wow opened up to a black screen
i had to open config file and add OpenGL to see wow
saved
still stuck at connecting
03/23/2016 07:08 PMPosted by Symax
You can upgrade your kernel to 4.2.x on 14.04 LTS by installing the following:

apt-get install linux-generic-lts-wily linux-tools-generic-lts-wily

Happy hunting.

4.2.0.34.27?
03/23/2016 09:22 PMPosted by Castoreum
03/23/2016 07:08 PMPosted by Symax
You can upgrade your kernel to 4.2.x on 14.04 LTS by installing the following:

apt-get install linux-generic-lts-wily linux-tools-generic-lts-wily

Happy hunting.

4.2.0.34.27?

hey i suggest just waiting things out. i had to re download ubuntu because some of the suggestions in this thread screwed things up..
they are still working on issues and it may be a bit. they will give u back all the days in game time you missed. this was a really really buggy patch though, the worst i've seen personally
i think waiting it out may be best too. i spent the better part of the day trying to troubleshoot linux upgrades more than the wow upgrades. they are not one within the same. i think the linux community is blameless in this even if some may have working configurations. to have us furiously upgrading our operating systems that are updated more often than windows machines doesn't seem to be the solution. even if upgrading to ubuntu 15 could be a solution for now, then that only means a real problem is imminent.

they just patched their game, they didn't ruin the internet.....or did they?
03/23/2016 09:36 PMPosted by Castoreum
i think waiting it out may be best too. i spent the better part of the day trying to troubleshoot linux upgrades more than the wow upgrades. they are not one within the same. i think the linux community is blameless in this even if some may have working configurations. to have us furiously upgrading our operating systems that are updated more often than windows machines doesn't seem to be the solution. even if upgrading to ubuntu 15 could be a solution for now, then that only means a real problem is imminent.

DUN DUN DUHHHHHH

lol had too
03/23/2016 09:36 PMPosted by Castoreum

yeahh i spent way too long screwing with my operating system xD i even tried upgrading to 15.10 from the ubuntu site. and thats the main thing that screwed up my operating system. im just going to let wow finish downloading for now. wait for them to clean the bugs out. and if it still doesn't work and i don't see a REAL solution with a good amount of feedback. ill probably just install osx and move on XD all i really on the Internet is play wow anyways
I just tried upgrading my Ubuntu from suggestions from others and still no luck, guess I'll play NBA 2k til it's all figured out xD I hope I get my time back from this patch >.>
I'm also getting this issue since the patch, tried everything
Still got an issue. Any news from Blizzard?
Blizzard here is Battlenet.log from World Of Warcraft/Logs folder

3/24 16:51:18.109 [IBN_Login] Starting up | hasFrontInterface=false | hasBackInterface=false
3/24 16:51:50.582 [GlueLogin] Starting login | launcherPortal=nullopt | loginPortal=EU.actual.battle.net:1119
3/24 16:51:50.582 [GlueLogin] Resetting
3/24 16:51:50.582 [IBN_Login] Initializing
3/24 16:51:50.582 [IBN_Login] Attempting logon | host=EU.actual.battle.net | port=1119
3/24 16:51:50.642 [GlueLogin] Waiting for server response.
3/24 16:51:50.778 [IBN_Login] Front disconnected | connectionId=1 | result=( | code=ERROR_OK (0) | localizedMessage= | debugMessage=)
3/24 16:51:50.778 [GlueLogin] Disconnected from authentication server.
3/24 16:54:12.515 [GlueLogin] Explicitly disconnecting from realm server
3/24 16:54:13.374 [IBN_Login] Destroying | isInitialized=true
3/24 16:54:13.960 [IBN_Login] Shutting down
Just woke up, tried wow again, still connecting. This is getting ridiculous.
I have the same problem here using OpenSuse.
Hey all,

If you are still experiencing this connection issue, and you are using WINE, try checking out this thread:

[Linux] issues with Patch 6.2.4 (Consolidated Issues Thread) R04

Customer Support Contact Information

Got some feedback?
I do hope this is not the final answer as changing my distro and system over to something that might work (or might not) is not a viable option for me (system provides home automation and other services).

Would Blizzard disclose why the server is closing the TCP connection? It would really go a long way into helping us provide a solution that can be used confidently moving forward if we knew what the server was objecting to.
I think Blizzard is closing the TCP connection because Wine is sending an old SSL3.0 handshake, which Blizzard (correctly) recently decided not to support. Either Blizzard starts accepting SSL3.0 again (doubtful), or Wine is patched not to use SSL3.0, or you upgrade your system to use a modern TLS library which ignores when Wine tries to use SSL3.0.

Here's my somewhat-more-technical guess at what's going on:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742995286?page=10#196
Blizz is applying a patch this morning, what are the chances they will reverse the changes to stop supporting SSL3.0?
i hope so, i still cant play the game
I can confirm the patch works, thanks to the Linux Community for actually fixing the problem instead of giving explanations like "we don´t support this OS".

I hope blizzard will help Linux users in the future, and by the way you can actually hire some of these brilliant Linux players out there to help you with this kind of problems.

Btw If someone wants i can upload the compiled files (32 and 64) or the instructions for compiling wine for PlayonLinux on Debian Jessie step by step but it will work if you follow the steps in this thread.

If someone is still having trouble i will gladly help.
Thanks.
I am not on Linux Im on Windows 10 but i am getting the "connecting" and then error BLZ51900002..nothing ive tried helps and I cant get the new patch..