can a vpn get you banned

Customer Support
like the title says, can i get banned for usng a vpn, i like american netflix but it just occurred to me that my account probley has access logs from both america and Australia in the same hour which might trigger some alarm bells
Why would Blizzard care where you log in from? For all they know, you're a CEO rolling daily between the southern and northern hemispheres.

It might cause you some minor inconvenience with automatic security features, but a ban just for having your login location seem to change frequently? No.

That being said, a VPN won't protect people who are cheating and/or botting, either. Those people will get banned.

And every time, some of them will come here and claim it was their VPN or something else that got them banned.
Marked As Solution
Using a VPN or Proxy is not directly against our policies but it is also not supported. Using one can cause a number of issues because of the way they work it can seem that you are jumping around the planet.

With that in mind, actions that are entirely legitimate normally can look suspicious when it also looks like you are hoping around the globe.

So no, using one by itself shouldn't result in an account being closed. Depending on the activity on the account it may produce a false positive though which may temporarily suspend access to it until the matter can be appealed and looked into.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
03/23/2016 08:02 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Using a VPN or Proxy is not directly against our policies but it is also not supported. Using one can cause a number of issues because of the way they work it can seem that you are jumping around the planet.

With that in mind, actions that are entirely legitimate normally can look suspicious when it also looks like you are hoping around the globe.

So no, using one by itself shouldn't result in an account being closed. Depending on the activity on the account it may produce a false positive though which may temporarily suspend access to it until the matter can be appealed and looked into.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? [url="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vrakthris"]Click me[/url].

thanks for the clarification