So the garrison table is back in class halls.

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 211 Next
The fact that they're interconnecting missions with quests already makes it 100% better.
Meh, never minded it much anyway. Just a quick Facebook-esque game and then out the door. More importantly, I'LL be the one going out there this time, not the same followers/ships that fail a 98-99% success chance mission; 98% chance does NOT equal 100% chance but when your followers/ships fail the exact same mission with the exact same success chance several times, I'd handle it personally.

Looking at YOU, Blingtron's Secret Vault.....
i can't believe it

how could they be so blind?
do they not play their own game?
Tables, tables, tables, tables... Can we please table this idea?
04/11/2016 02:49 PMPosted by Easypeazy
Tables, tables, tables, tables... Can we please table this idea?

I don't know, since this thread has made me go out and find out other information other than ranting youtubers, I've discovered that it sounds rather fun. Who wouldn't like to get a call from their minion that they need back up and you go out with your army to go and help them out? That sounds like a lot of fun. Or quests opening up that you do from there. Sounds like it's far more interactive on a player level than click it and forget it. Since apparently alpha is still only at level 108, there still isn't full information as to what all they will be doing with them.
I'm so frustrated, and outraged that this terrible idea is making it's way back into an expansion.

I honestly had high hopes for Legion. I have not even played the game and I have been successfully disappointed.

Please have some humility Blizzard/Activision. Your last expansion was a flop, plenty of data to support that. You cannot continue to blatantly do what you want to do, when your customers are screaming for change. Change is expensive and painful, but necessary.

Listen to your customers! Customers will wait lengthy time periods for superb products.
04/11/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Marasmus
Listen to your customers!

As a customer I'm perfectly fine with the missions idea being repurposed in Legion. "Listen to your customers" doesn't mean "listen to me."
A mission table as a class story campaign throttle device? Ugh.
04/11/2016 03:01 PMPosted by Teneea
04/11/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Marasmus
Listen to your customers!

As a customer I'm perfectly fine with the missions idea being repurposed in Legion. "Listen to your customers" doesn't mean "listen to me."

Unless you are one of the countless "Chicken Littles" that post on the Forums that is.
You know, some folks liked the Garrisons. However, based on the sub loss, I wager that group is much smaller than the group that didn't like Garrisons (sure they weren't the only problem with WoD, but they were one of the biggest).

I guess Blizz just hates making money.....or maybe they are already moving on to Overwatch.
I'd like to express my dislike of this direction...but all the threads keep getting deleted...so here's hoping.
04/11/2016 07:45 AMPosted by Sevreth
HYPE HYPE HYPE oh....no....no I was hoping Blizzard would learn for their failures.

But the story telling!!! Oh oh wait that isn't a thing either.
Oh good...

... BECAUSE GARRISONS WERE SUCH A TRIUMPH OF AMAZING GAME DESIGN THE FIRST TIME.

Way to learn from your mistakes there, Blizz!
I have nothing else to add anymore outside of what I have stated in past and what hasn't been said here already.

What I will reiterate is I am disappointed and pull your collective heads out of the sand.
Hey all,

Thanks for all the feedback. Those who are posting about their experiences with this system so far are proving helpful in helping myself and others understand the feedback at hand, but please be mindful to keep feedback on this constructive.

On to my main point here: Watcher recently shared some information over on our EU forums. I'm going to share his thoughts here, so feel free to respond with your own thoughts and we'll make sure to pass any feedback along.

Watcher:

I completely understand the concerns. What you're currently seeing in Alpha are bits and pieces of a system that is still coming together, untuned and often even inconsistent between classes, without additional context. And as a result, there's also a fair bit of misinformation floating around (for example, the cap on active champions/followers is 6, not 20). We haven't published a full explanation of the system, because we're still working out a few of the details - that's the nature of Alpha. And of course in the absence of information, seeing an interface that looks a lot like a reskinned version of what you're used to in Draenor garrisons (followers -> champions, garrison resources -> order resources, etc.), it's easy to assume that this is just a continuation of the old system.

I'd like to at least shed light on some of our goals and philosophies, and the core ways in which Class Order missions in Legion are going to be very different from garrison missions in Warlords. The mission system in Warlords was conceived as a core part of the garrison experience, and a self-contained progression that offered rewards that competed with other traditional content.

We approached Legion unsure whether there would even be any continuation of mission gameplay at all. We focused instead on the artifact and class order systems, creating traditional content to provide the experience of forming a band of the greatest champions of your class to combat the Legion, with an eye towards class identity and replayability. We want your journey through the Broken Isles to feel meaningfully different in at least a few key ways depending on whether you are a mage, a warrior, a demon hunter, etc.

Once we had the backbone of our order systems in place - a campaign quest arc wherein you recruit champions to aid your cause, and an order hall tech tree where you research upgrades - we saw what seemed like a good fit for a version of the old mission gameplay to provide another outlet for leading the champions you've gathered, and spending the order resources you've earned out in the world. But it is far more limited in scope, and designed to be a much smaller piece of Legion than missions were in Warlords - it's serving a larger system, rather than trying to stand alone as a system in and of itself.

There are fewer followers (champions), fewer and less frequent missions; but more importantly, the system is more closely tied to the game world itself. Order resources come from playing the game normally, and will come primarily from doing World Quests at max level. If you get a "raid mission," it won't give you a piece of raid loot directly; it will give you a quest to kill a specific boss in that zone, in exchange for a bonus piece of loot. In general, from the ground up, missions in Legion are not intended to be an alternate progression path, or a self-contained activity. We don't think of them as "content." But they are a useful additional outlet to complement core traditional content, such as dungeons, outdoor questing, and raids.

We'll have more details to share in the future, but hopefully this helps clarify some of our broader goals and provides some context to what you may be seeing in game.
04/11/2016 03:11 PMPosted by Rollo
A mission table as a class story campaign throttle device? Ugh.

While there are differences between the Legion command table and the Warlords command table, they're still just differences in degrees. I worry that questing and the artifact weapon are mixed up in the command table making it mandatory content yet again. Ugh, is right.

Even more so that I can just see the patch notes for 7.1 extolling the addition of thirty new missions or new champions to collect to the command table. Rather than getting a new quest hub, zone or dungeon, they'll fall back on additions to the command table as playable content.
04/11/2016 03:53 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

Thanks for all the feedback. Those who are posting about their experiences with this system so far are proving helpful in helping both myself and others understand all the feedback at hand, but please be mindful to keep feedback on this constructive.

On to my main point here: Watcher recently shared some information over on our EU forums. I'm going to share his thoughts here, so feel free to respond with your own thoughts and we'll make sure to pass any feedback along.

You can sum up Watcher's post with: "Thank you for your feedback. You're all wrong and we're right. Just trust us."
04/11/2016 03:57 PMPosted by Kâin
You can sum up Watcher's post with: "Thank you for your feedback. You're all wrong and we're right. Just trust us."

You could. I wouldn't though personally. I like the way it is being described. I didn't mind the idea of a mission table in general though.