Pre-Cata questing and raiding

General Discussion
Does anyone else miss it?
Yeah. I also miss having a lot of content to do.
Can't really be said to miss what one has never experienced. And something else: whatever Vanilla was (or BC or Wrath), it is a fact that even the often-maligned Cataclysm (!) was capable of sinking hooks deeply and inextricably into a then new player's soul.
04/11/2016 03:37 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
Can't really be said to miss what one has never experienced. And something else: whatever Vanilla was (or BC or Wrath), it is a fact that even the often-maligned Cataclysm (!) was capable of sinking hooks deeply and inextricably into a then new player's soul.

Another reason why legacy/progression servers should be a thing, so that players who had never experienced it could see it.
Raiding was different before the dungeon journal, period. Added in the Firelands patch.

Cataclysm was also great for WoW's sub numbers to dive deeply.
04/11/2016 03:52 AMPosted by Lunarica
I miss when class trainers were my actual trainers, and gave me quest. ^_^

This!

I miss Old Alterac Valley

And Tarren mill/southshore.
Hmm I do miss the more difficult and slower paced questing and dungeons. I would imagine that would help prolong a lot of the content. I however much enjoy the quest hub improvements, quest scenarios, class design, flex raiding and mob tagging updates.

I guess what I would most like to see going forward is a more difficult world atmosphere that encourages more group play. I can potentially see the apexis daily/bonus objectives style helping with this desire if tweaked to be a bit more difficult to solo.

edit: I do miss class quests though.
edit2: I do miss the experience, I just don't think everything changed for the worst. :P
04/11/2016 03:40 AMPosted by Espure
Another reason why legacy/progression servers should be a thing, so that players who had never experienced it could see it.

They could add a portal to the Caverns of Time or something that lets people see and quest in the pre-Sundering world.

With the new transmog system coming out this would be a great thing. Allow people to go back and get all the lost transmog gear.

Edit: Downvote away, I guess it's vanilla server or bust for you people eh?
I so, so, so want the old Plaguelands quests again. The Redpath quest line... The old Tirion quest line...

The new Plaguelands quests are nice, but don't have that same intensity. :o/
Most of the storylines were better in the original world. There were more iconic quests. The revamp shouldn't have changed the world, it should've just removed the clunkiness of the old quests and kept the story and rewards mostly the same.

I'm not interested in Cataclysm's meme quests and I never will be.
Yes but not enough for a vanilla/BC/wotlk server to be made.
Nope.

That is...actually a good point. But it's still not enough to make them economically viable.
Not at all, actually.
Yes I miss the gameplay and the difficulty. I do want to play that again.
04/11/2016 03:21 AMPosted by Gibbons
Does anyone else miss it?

As long as I questing outside of the Chicago PvE CRZ group - no. I can go and quest in those old areas as much as I want. If I want to raid I can raid as well.
04/11/2016 04:00 AMPosted by Tadkins

They could add a portal to the Caverns of Time or something that lets people see and quest in the pre-Sundering world.

With the new transmog system coming out this would be a great thing. Allow people to go back and get all the lost transmog gear.

Edit: Downvote away, I guess it's vanilla server or bust for you people eh?

I suspect it will be bust for them but I also don't think people need a portal to go back to pre cata areas. I am not sure why people complained so much about timewalking dungeons just rehashing old content and in fact probably some of the same people too and now all this QQ about old content.

I want NEW content, I don't want them to waste time on all that old stuff. I like to see new artwork and new creatures and experience new stuff not the old crap.
04/11/2016 04:17 AMPosted by Dis
I want NEW content, I don't want them to waste time on all that old stuff. I like to see new artwork and new creatures and experience new stuff not the old crap.

I'm with you completely on there. Honestly, I merely suggested that as a compromise. But if I had my way I'd rather have new content.