Garona Movie Poster

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
She looks fine, nerds.
04/09/2016 02:39 AMPosted by Malanoche
04/09/2016 02:36 AMPosted by Amaer

Because the half-Draenei is totally the same, right?

Derrrp!

So Draenei + Orc = human with green skin? Give me a break.

Well, from what I remember of WoW lore, Garona's basically been described as looking like a green human with small tusks and glowing eyes.
She has the outward appearance of an Orc with the softer features of a Draenei.

Thus, her parentage.

This is a total non-issue. Find more things to fill out your day.
Here's Garona on the movie poster:

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/508333-warcraft-movie-poster.jpg

Basically doing her best 'Raquel Welch One Million Years BC' homage. (Before your time kids)

And here's Garona in a production still:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/news/16654-warcraft-movie-two-new-posters.jpg

Now, either my graphics card is on the fritz, I need new eyeglasses, or there are some pretty significant differences between those two portrayals.
04/09/2016 06:44 AMPosted by Pharsalus
Here's Garona on the movie poster:

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/508333-warcraft-movie-poster.jpg

Basically doing her best 'Raquel Welch One Million Years BC' homage. (Before your time kids)

And here's Garona in a production still:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/news/16654-warcraft-movie-two-new-posters.jpg

Now, either my graphics card is on the fritz, I need new eyeglasses, or there are some pretty significant differences between those two portrayals.

They have about 10 different poses they do through promos. I guess if she isn't consistently wearing the same outfit in every single one there must be a problem.
04/09/2016 02:31 AMPosted by Malanoche
And what, the orc males were played by orc actors? Sure, go ahead and enjoy your fantasy, but don't tell me it ain't sexist as hell.

I'm not sure you are the special kind of stupid or the of whole new level kind of stupid...
04/09/2016 06:50 AMPosted by Courser
They have about 10 different poses they do through promos. I guess if she isn't consistently wearing the same outfit in every single one there must be a problem.

Not the outfit.
04/09/2016 07:02 AMPosted by Pharsalus
04/09/2016 06:50 AMPosted by Courser

Not the outfit.

Have to agree the outfit has no bearing at all on how drastically different the images are.
There are going to be differences in images, that's the way that it is.

Look to see how she's portrayed in the movie, if anything.
04/09/2016 02:53 AMPosted by Maevna
04/09/2016 02:27 AMPosted by Malanoche
The movie Garona looks like a slave girl from 1960s Star Trek

maybe there will be a reason, plus trailers suggest that she gets armor later on
04/09/2016 02:39 AMPosted by Malanoche
So Draenei + Orc = human with green skin? Give me a break.

this universe(yes alternate universe like WoD) is a human and orc, but don't quote that. once again the movie is not out so we don't know much about the lore.

She cant be half human. She was seen before the dark portal opened in one of the leaked scenes
04/09/2016 06:57 AMPosted by Amarianna
04/09/2016 02:31 AMPosted by Malanoche
And what, the orc males were played by orc actors? Sure, go ahead and enjoy your fantasy, but don't tell me it ain't sexist as hell.

I'm not sure you are the special kind of stupid or the of whole new level kind of stupid...

I think their point was that the male Orcs in the movie look like Warcraft Orcs, not like the human actors who play them. They were responding to someone who said that the reason Garona looks human is because there's no Orcs in real life to play her.
oh great... one person complaining all it takes to make blizz change their mind about the poster.
Expect it be changed
04/09/2016 02:31 AMPosted by Nelikah
She is wearing pelts, so what do you expect her to look like?

If we have all women wear burkas, we'd avoid exploitative, sexualizing female outfits.
I don't care about the "sexualization." Pfft people are sexual. Get over it.

What I care about are her feet. What the actual !@#$ is going on with her feet? It's so confusing and badly photoshopped. They're destroying any successful chance of marketing to non-wow players for this movie so far.
04/09/2016 02:27 AMPosted by Malanoche
I thought Blizzard was all about respecting women now?

The movie Garona looks like a slave girl from 1960s Star Trek. I thought we were past this.

Really, if you compare Orc males and females in the movie, they don't seem to be the same species.
You're comparing Orc males to half orc... so no, not the same species really.
04/09/2016 07:39 AMPosted by Msmoneyshot
04/09/2016 02:53 AMPosted by Maevna
maybe there will be a reason, plus trailers suggest that she gets armor later on
this universe(yes alternate universe like WoD) is a human and orc, but don't quote that. once again the movie is not out so we don't know much about the lore.

She cant be half human. She was seen before the dark portal opened in one of the leaked scenes
In the lore Garona is believed to be half human until she eventually learns the truth that she's half draenei.
04/09/2016 08:02 AMPosted by Pouncey
04/09/2016 06:57 AMPosted by Amarianna

I think their point was that the male Orcs in the movie look like Warcraft Orcs, not like the human actors who play them. They were responding to someone who said that the reason Garona looks human is because there's no Orcs in real life to play her.

I think they said that more because Garona is supposed to look like a green human. When she is described in lore she looks like that and she plays to "sexiness" as well to help with her trade. I don't like the makeup job done on her but I think they are being faithful to Blizzard's character design.
itt we all conveniently forget that garona is a half-orc and thus should not look like a full orc.

omitting key facts in order to promote your agenda is an integral part of modern feminism.
Well, if the little imbroglio involving a Very Concerned father, a butt, a young girl, and a video game character from one of Blizzard's other properties taught us anything, it's that 'won't someone think of the children' arguments will, indeed, work in 2016.

Anyone similarly Very Concerned about the portrayal of Garona in the movie would be well served to come with a complaint along the same lines. Concerned that you might have to twist yourself into a figurative pretzel in order to do that? Pssh - no worries there - it's 2016! It doesn't matter.