On Sale Now! World of Warcraft: Chronicle

Story Forum
I'm sure you've seen this by now, but I wanted to make sure since there is so much juicy info in this first volume to sink your teeth into.

Start your journey through the myths and legends that have shaped Azeroth today with Dark Horse’s release of World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1—in stores now.

You can read the full blog post and watch the video with Chris Metzen (among others) talk about it here.

For those that have it already, we'd love to hear how you're enjoying it.
I personally love everything that I have read so far. I had many eye opening moments while reading. It is everything I had hoped it to be and more ! Great job to everyone who was involved in the project.

I'd like to say to Chris Metzen thank you so much for this amazing journey. It's been a blast and I cannot wait to see what else is coming. I absolutely love WarCraft's lore and characters.
03/21/2016 09:46 AMPosted by Nethaera
I purchased it in digital form and read it on my phone. Lots of great info, and more pictures than I anticipated.

It left me wondering how long Blizz has internally known all this stuff. Some of it like Thunder King/Uldum is brilliant.
Just a question

Is the true author of the Chronicles AU Cho'gall?

He did say that he was going to write a book based on what he learned from AU K'ure
03/23/2016 04:09 AMPosted by Denona
Just a question

Is the true author of the Chronicles AU Cho'gall?

He did say that he was going to write a book based on what he learned from AU K'ure
It says it was written by "Chris Metzen, Matt Burns, Robert Brooks, Alex Afrasiabi, Christie Golden, Richard Knaak, Dave Kosak, Micky Neilson, Bill Roper and James Waugh."

My god, the letters to form Cho'gall are in there! It's all true!
03/23/2016 11:06 AMPosted by Lightisright
It says it was written by "Chris Metzen, Matt Burns, Robert Brooks, Alex Afrasiabi, Christie Golden, Richard Knaak, Dave Kosak, Micky Neilson, Bill Roper and James Waugh."

http://imgur.com/wJ5fcq8
You can read the full blog post and watch the video with Chris Metzen (among others) talk about it [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20056877/on-sale-now-world-of-warcraft-chronicle-volume-1-3-15-2016"]here[/url].

Everyone on this forum loves it, much more than the UVG especially. Do you have any thoughts on it?
I wish this was in Barnes and Noble. I have a 20% and a 50% coupon for there...
03/24/2016 12:49 PMPosted by Lightisright
You can read the full blog post and watch the video with Chris Metzen (among others) talk about it here.

Everyone on this forum loves it, much more than the UVG especially. Do you have any thoughts on it?

Thoughts on which? If I love it or not? I do. I really do. The first graphic of the Cosmology gripped me from the moment I saw it for the first time.
This book is a definitive must buy for any lore-head or people who wish to know about the lore of the warcraft universe. I pre-ordered it from amazon and almost didn't put it down until i was done. It has everything you would want to know up until medvih's adulthood.

My absolute favorite part of the book is the battle of the old gods vs the pantheon.

I normally don't beg people to buy something but this book with the stories and art are a must for anyone interested in warcraft.
03/29/2016 10:54 AMPosted by Nethaera
03/24/2016 12:49 PMPosted by Lightisright

Thoughts on which? If I love it or not? I do. I really do. The first graphic of the Cosmology gripped me from the moment I saw it for the first time.
The maps and charts are all extremely informative, but I think my favorite pics are Lei Shenzilla and the Troll Wars armageddon pic.
The book is fantastic !! I loved the cosmology stuff, like the Titans and Old Gods, but also found that I knew very little about the Troll Wars and the beginnings of the Night Elves. Great read!
Eta on the 2nd one Neth?
03/29/2016 04:01 PMPosted by Aquinan
Eta on the 2nd one Neth?
The thirst is real!
Yeah cant wait for the second, there is so much more to find out
Really loved the first volume of Chronicles. I couldn't put it down. It was great to finally have an all-in-one source for the historical foundations of Warcraft. I can't wait for the second volume. One thing I was hoping as I was reading through it, was that I hope when it comes time to list the events from each patch, to have it say something like "a band of noble warriors" or something like that in reference to the players in WoW. I suppose any way you write it, I'll eat it up, but it'd cool to think that my raid team and I had some major impact on the historical events that's in written record.
I have read a bunch of the warcraft books, but this Chronicle: Volume 1 is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. It helps build the foundation of the world I've come to know and love. Thank you.
Finally finished vol 1.

Now when's vol 2?
One request for #2: An updated official timeline. Wowpedia's "unofficial" timeline is 100% correct AFAIK, but it's unofficial...
Got my Chronicles copy last month. Truly a must have, a masterpiece. It's a shame that I have played WoW for so many time without caring for the lore. Now on the past months I´ve been investing my time in reading the novels (currently on War of the Ancients: Demon Soul) and got myself a pile of books on the backlog to keep following the story. Best thing I have ever done. This really enchances the whole game experience, now everytime I visit a map or read a quest, I keep finding references from the books...this is just amazing. Thanks Blizzard. Please keep releasing more books and Chronicles like this one!