Legion Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 59 60 61 93 Next
03/25/2016 10:39 AMPosted by Demues
That, and bring back spell ranks that unlock per level to hard throttle our damage while leveling.

I would have to say I sort of agree with that. However, in Vanilla you will go broke buying a new ability upgrade every two levels.
03/25/2016 11:20 AMPosted by Cretùs
I would have to say I sort of agree with that. However, in Vanilla you will go broke buying a new ability upgrade every two levels.

Nah, you won't buy the spell ranks, they just update your spell as you level up. Like, I'm pretty sure I wasn't hitting 5k chimera shots as a lvl60 hunter back in wrath

03/25/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Cretùs
Curse of Elements increased all magical damage for your raid as well. I don't see how it is not something you wanted back.

It isn't a damage bonus, it's something to make your damage normal because it has 100% uptime. It's like if you don't have a blood lust, you're boned because raid bosses are tuned with blood lust in mind. However, blood lust is a more fun and engaging button. The difference is, blood lust changes how you play and the overall mood when it's used. And since it's not a 100% uptime deal, it's a power increase, unlike CoE.

If CoE was say, just throwing it out there
Curse of Elements, 90sec CD
Target takes 20% more magic damage from the warlock for 15secs, then we have something interesting to work with
03/21/2016 11:08 PMPosted by Landiñ
Divine Plea.

As a paladin, knowing i'll NEVER have mana problems is sort of not fun when you're holy. Being able to top healing charts at the end of fights, at 90% mana, while other healers are struggling at 5% mana after using a mana potion.

Even though mana really isn't that bad of an issue in arena right now, however I miss having that for RBGs just to be able to have mana.
03/22/2016 08:42 PMPosted by Sunborne
03/22/2016 07:36 PMPosted by Sunborne
So if we're not using our artifacts past Legion (which I've heard) what happens after Legion when they're obsolete? Do we get our pruned abilities back?

I sent a tweet to @WarcraftDevs with this question. I'll post it here if there is any response.

No response on this yet over Twitter. Maybe they're finally reconsidering pruning thanks to all of the anti-pruning threads, especially this one. /crosses fingers
thorns, you know, because melee love to train rdruids.
Demon Armor on my Warlock, Scare Beast on my hunter, Necrotic Strike on my dk, Having to use Mage Armors on my Mage, the seal swapping from wotlk on pally, Disarm on rogue...., Healing Spheres on my monk, Void Shift on priest, being able to move and cast lightning bolt at any given time on ele....., every warrior ability ever....
03/22/2016 03:08 PMPosted by Sylennana
druid utility

just because i am feral does not mean i cant cast starfire/moonfire.

for that matter:

just because im a boomkin does not mean i cant mangle someone as a cat, or bite them as a bear.

This is why I stopped caring about my Durid. I enjoyed being the Swiss Army class of Warcraft.

Sadly, this is the future that I see for my Retribution alt. The removal of the ability to resurrect for anyone but dedicated healing specs is another dagger in many specs.
i miss sentry totem
Eyes of the Beast
Removing gouge is fine by me, but Blind? Blind is almost required to be able to CC and vanish sap.
The ability to dual wield one handed items as a non-frost DK. I miss that a lot.
Double trapping :(
Dispatch, (MoP execute style) Because it hit hard and when you got that proc that could take out 20% to 25% of a players HP it made you smile; it was one of the few DPS abilities that I truly enjoyed.

Shiv, because removing an enrage effect in PVP is amazing utility, not only this but the 70% snare is so very handy now days when every one has +4000% movement speed seemingly at all times.

Basic Rogue Poisons, because all rogues should have basic poisons like crippling poisons, deadly poisons, wound poisons, mind numbing poisons, and many more poisons. Because poisons are a rogues best friend.

Gouge (assassination ), because it provides a way to fight back when being focused; its also a very useful short duration CC that can save your life, its also a good way to get a defensive CD out of the way like berserker rage, so that your warlock buddy can fear. Its so much more than a pseudo interrupt.

Blind (assassination), because punishing people for trinketing sap should always be an option. Not only this but its been a staple for rogue PVP since the dawn of time.

Smoke bomb, because its more than just a boring raid CD; its Line of Sight to avoid range DPS, its line of sight to prevent that warrior from getting a charge when you are trying to re-stealth. Its line of sight to get those range mobs to walk into melee range so you dont aggro 5 more mobs. Its that place that eliminates the possibility that the target you are killing can be instantly healed back to full by that paladin.

Detect / Disarm Traps, because rogues should always have a way to see and disable traps; its what we do, or did..
Yes, but don't forget evocation with the glyph of healing for leveling...miss this bad!

Nuff said,
I'm going to miss cyclone.

Nothing needs to be said, it's cyclone. This is the spell that made me choose feral and stick with it for years upon years in burning crusade. I love cyclone, best and funnest ability in the game hands down. I need it.
I fully support this.

Don't want dance to be passive, and we need to keep shadow step. Most iconic abilities for a rogue. Poisons should be for all specs.

Blind is going? Why Blizz, why?
I would mention the spec I''m losing, but personally I like that little change.

So instead, lets go with the loss of my little damage buff Dark Soul. Granted it is just a little buff that seems to offer very little, but there is something kind of a little fun about working out when the best time to use the buff is. I don't know. Guess its hard to explain.

Even though I know its just a basic little buff for 20 seconds, I find it fun to use.
03/25/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Sunborne
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I sent a tweet to @WarcraftDevs with this question. I'll post it here if there is any response.

No response on this yet over Twitter. Maybe they're finally reconsidering pruning thanks to all of the anti-pruning threads, especially this one. /crosses fingers

Think if Cdew could rally up some of the big name twitchtv streamers like, Towelliee, Soda, Mitch, Swifty ect and add their opinions/names + their viewers to this thread it would add even more weight. Also, some of those guys got connections to blizzard, and could be a big help. With a 10+ million sub base Blizzard going to need to see more for this to work IMO.
old incanters shield :(