The Ebon Blade and Light's Hope (Spoilers)

Story Forum
1 2 3 15 Next
The Fourth Horseman

Step 01: The Return to Light's Hope - Name changed from "Step 01: The Ebon Blade Returns" to "Step 01: The Return to Light's Hope".
Step 02: Preparations - Name changed from "Step 02: Prepare for Invasion" to "Step 02: Preparations".
Step 03: Upon the Hill of No Return - Name changed from "Step 03: Begin the Invasion" to "Step 03: Upon the Hill of No Return".
Step 04: The Dead Shall Rise - Name changed from "Step 04: Raise the Tomb" to "Step 04: The Dead Shall Rise".
Step 05: The Highlord Awaits - Name changed from "Step 05: Meet With Mograine" to "Step 05: The Highlord Awaits".
Step 06: The Sanctum of Light (New) - Fight your way to the Hall of Champions.
Step 07: Lady of the Light (New) - Defeat Lady Liadrin.
Step 08: An Unholy Fate (New) - Open the Tomb of Tirion Fordring.

So, the Night's Watch is a cannibal cult and the Ebon Blade are killing their closest allies.

Legion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So... Lady Liadrin is going to die or they'll just knock her off, she's alive, and really mad about a bunch of DK defeat her and resurrect Tirion. Because defeat is not necessarily equal death.
She's a paladin champion so she'll definitely be knocked out at most. Though they may be killing no-name guards on the way to raising Tirion.
So it's confirmed.

The Ebon Blade not only attack Light's Hope, but they fight the paladin player's Silver Hand and one of their champions.
Apparently Blizz has decided that we don't just need a faction rivalry, we need a class rivalry as well. It even starts with one side grabbing the idiot ball as usual.
The Ebon Blade are the most ballsy class faction I think. They just roll into Light's Hope, dumpster the Paladin champion and then raise the other one.
Now that we've seen Thassarian sort of getting permission from the new Horsemen before they raise them (well... from Thoras at least, presumably from the others as well), I wonder what it will happen if Tirion says no?
04/15/2016 02:27 AMPosted by Kyo
Now that we've seen Thassarian sort of getting permission from the new Horsemen before they raise them (well... from Thoras at least, presumably from the others as well), I wonder what it will happen if Tirion says no?

I don't think Whitemane got a choice, Nazgrim probably did, though.

And I'm going to throw a curveball/alternant viewpoint here, but is it possible that Tirion specifically said "Raise me if I am killed by the Legion" to Darion and the rest of the Silver Hand either doesn't know or disagrees?
04/15/2016 02:31 AMPosted by Mithard

I don't think Whitemane got a choice, Nazgrim probably did, though.

And I'm going to throw a curveball/alternant viewpoint here, but is it possible that Tirion specifically said "Raise me if I am killed by the Legion" to Darion and the rest of the Silver Hand either doesn't know or disagrees?

I hope Tirion is going to have a choice in the matter if it wasn't pre=planned between him and Darion (which would be a great twist, by the way).
04/15/2016 02:08 AMPosted by Mithard
Apparently Blizz has decided that we don't just need a faction rivalry, we need a class rivalry as well. It even starts with one side grabbing the idiot ball as usual.

And the ebon blade attacking lights hope makes no sense anyway

if it wasn't for Tirion, Darion and the other knights will still be slaves to Arthas, or dead.

This just butchers that whole section of the death knighting starting experience

04/15/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Wolfsung
Legion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
/smugface
/popcorn
Remember how we saw the Ebon Blade and Argent Crusade working together throughout all of Wrath of the Lich King? Where, amidst the turmoil of the renewed Alliance-Horde conflict, it was their cooperation that allowed us to defeat the Lich King? Where the Champion of the Ebon Blade himself referred to Crusaders as his 'Argent brothers'?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not to mention that little detail about them being unable to take the chapel with 10,000 Scourge, including the entirety of their forces at Acherus.
04/15/2016 03:10 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
/smugface
/popcorn

Hey, you win. I don't care anymore.

I would take Cataclysm le memes questing over this garbage.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
04/15/2016 03:13 AMPosted by Wolfsung
Remember how we saw the Ebon Blade and Argent Crusade working together throughout all of Wrath of the Lich King?

Well to be fair they clearly didn't enjoy working together, and once Darion helped Tirion and the Crusade get into Icecrown, the Ebon Blade split and took the Shadow Vault for their own because they didn't like working together.

Guess Death Knights aren't as sentimental as hoped.
But what happened to the Ebon Blade doing nothing wrong?
Tch. Happy I ditched the light in WotLK for this cold hard body of... I death and Decay. *Sigh*
04/15/2016 03:13 AMPosted by Wolfsung
Not to mention that little detail about them being unable to take the chapel with 10,000 Scourge, including the entirety of their forces at Acherus.

Worth noting that they did not lose because of the Argent forces themselves but because of what was beneath Light's Hope, that being the souls of past heroes making it a special ground.

That they succeed in this would mean that the souls don't interfere this time - possibly because Tirion's own soul is willing to become a Death Knight.
Actually really like where this is going to be quite honest.

The Death Knights are already pariah as far as the world is concerned. And their goal is the same as everybody else; The Legion must be stopped, but whatever means necessary.

Even if that means burning a few bridges.

I highly doubt they are going to kill Liadrin because hell they just went through the effort of making her a champion of Hearthstone, I'd doubt they would kill her off so quickly (And isn't she a Paladin follower?) but still, actually invading Light's Hope. I hope there is a Paladin quest line involving it.
In legion paladins are the bad guys, and deathknights are good. Light's hope must be destroyed for Azeroth.
Now we just need Warlocks attacking the priest hall.

We can have Lulubelle Fizzlebang knock out Velen for looking like an Eredar.