The Ebon Blade and Light's Hope (Spoilers)

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
I'm not too against it myself, I kinda like the different interactions with classes actually going to the other class halls. Makes it feel more interconnected.

Paladins actually have a scenario to defend the priest class hall from Balnazzar so it's cool to see paladins helping out priests since the classes are related to one another.
04/15/2016 03:32 AMPosted by Healstime
In legion paladins are the bad guys, and deathknights are good. Light's hope must be destroyed for Azeroth.

Depending on Prince Galen's status the Ebon Blade also attacks the Forsaken. The only part that would be weird is if the Forsaken DK is forced to attack his own faction. I would be happy if we got some kind of flavored text stating that the Forsaken DK is exiled from the UC. One line is all that it would take.

Edit:
04/15/2016 03:46 AMPosted by Vicara
'm not too against it myself

Same here I think its a great turn of events! I never trusted the Ebon Blade and thought it was quite hypocritical of them to "watch the Forsaken" especially after doing their quest post-Light's Hope Chapel, but even I didn't even predict this. Who would have thought! Hats off to Cdev!
I am sort of looking forward to making minced meat pie out of Liadrin's smug little face.
So where the hell is the rest of the Silver Hand? Are we just saying paladins are jobbers now?
04/15/2016 03:48 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Depending on Prince Galen's status the Ebon Blade also attacks the Forsaken. The only part that would be weird is if the Forsaken DK is forced to attack his own faction. I would be happy if we got some kind of flavored text stating that the Forsaken DK is exiled from the UC. One line is all that it would take.

Maybe the forsaken they attack are as splinter faction squatting in the fortress the DKs want.
04/15/2016 03:51 AMPosted by Waluthelia
So where the hell is the rest of the Silver Hand? Are we just saying paladins are jobbers now?

Off defending the priest order hall.
04/15/2016 03:54 AMPosted by Tulek
Off defending the priest order hall

..Wouldn't Liadrin be the first one over there, given it's basically Draenei central, including Velen? She's kinda got a !@#$%^ for them.
04/15/2016 03:51 AMPosted by Waluthelia

Without Tirion, there probably aren't any powerful paladins left. There is Liadrin who is kind of a nobody, we don't really know what she can do then Dezco with his baby armor.....and many others?
04/15/2016 03:56 AMPosted by Healstime
Without Tirion, there probably aren't any powerful paladins left. There is Liadrin who is kind of a nobody, we don't really know what she can do then Dezco with his baby armor.....and many others?

Pretty much the entirety of the Ebon Blade is made up of nobodies too by that logic. Koltira is the premier jobber, Darion does nothing but stand around and act spooky, and they got rekt at Light's Hope.

At least Liadrin was beating up dudes on Draenor.
04/15/2016 03:52 AMPosted by Healstime

Maybe the forsaken they attack are as splinter faction squatting in the fortress the DKs want.

They don't want Stromgarde they want Thoras, and don't have any quarrels with trashing the place:

http://i.imgur.com/PlNgL7J.jpg

You may be right about the "splinter faction" especially if Galen is ruling Undead and Humans alike, otherwise humans would officially be a part of the Forsaken. /gasp Cdev wouldn't dare!
04/15/2016 03:56 AMPosted by Healstime

Just accured to me she's listed as a Retribution Paladin when her new fancy artwork has her with a shield.

Odd I would've thought Blizzard would've kept true to the new artwork.

04/15/2016 03:59 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
They don't want Stromgarde they want Thoras, and don't have any quarrels with trashing the place:

Ebon Blade.

Apparently fighting the Living far more often than the Demons. From enslaving Souls in Frostmourne, to butchering Stromgarde soldiers because they got impatient, to invading Light's Hope.

Side note, Humans riding Skeletal horses look weird.
04/15/2016 03:59 AMPosted by Waluthelia
Pretty much the entirety of the Ebon Blade is made up of nobodies too by that logic. Koltira is the premier jobber, Darion does nothing but stand around and act spooky, and they got rekt at Light's Hope.

At least Liadrin was beating up dudes on Draenor.

The Ebon Blade is liberating all the named people for their order.

Liadrin just had like one fight in WoD where she hit that demon maladaar was holding down, she never seemed that impressive, and here she just seems to get beaten on holy ground by a dk. I really can't think of living paladins outside of Liadrin or Dezco. They don't really have anyone left.

04/15/2016 03:59 AMPosted by Deathisfinal

You may be right about the "splinter faction" especially if Galen is ruling Undead and Humans alike, otherwise humans would officially be a part of the Forsaken. /gasp Cdev wouldn't dare!

Yeah, it does seem like an outside faction, and those humans riding skeletal horses make it seem like that is the case.

Just accured to me she's listed as a Retribution Paladin when her new fancy artwork has her with a shield.

Odd I would've thought Blizzard would've kept true to the new artwork.

They probably thought a shield looked cooler in the artwork.
04/15/2016 03:24 AMPosted by Ximothy

Well to be fair they clearly didn't enjoy working together, and once Darion helped Tirion and the Crusade get into Icecrown, the Ebon Blade split and took the Shadow Vault for their own because they didn't like working together.

Guess Death Knights aren't as sentimental as hoped.

"Enjoyment" varied from Death Knight to Death Knight. As with any Order, there were some members that were less... pleasant than others. The fact remains that they were the closest allies the Ebon Blade had, and without them, the defeat of the Lich King would have been nigh impossible.

But I could ignore that - all of that - if the plan wasn't so !@#$%^- stupid.

But what happened to the Ebon Blade doing nothing wrong?

They did something wrong, clearly.

Actually really like where this is going to be quite honest.

The Death Knights are already pariah as far as the world is concerned. And their goal is the same as everybody else; The Legion must be stopped, but whatever means necessary.

Even if that means burning a few bridges.

Here's the problem:

This plan is asinine. Bonkers. Nonsensical. One of their objectives listed on MMO-Champion is "Slaughter Light's Hope". How many paladins are going to die? Each and every one of them a champion against the Legion.

Arthas' plan made a modicum of sense because he was still inflicting heavy losses on his foes, even if he lost many of his own. How many paladins, realistically, is Tirion Fordring's life worth? And this is assuming they even succeeded.

Worth noting that they did not lose because of the Argent forces themselves but because of what was beneath Light's Hope, that being the souls of past heroes making it a special ground.

That they succeed in this would mean that the souls don't interfere this time - possibly because Tirion's own soul is willing to become a Death Knight.

No, they were losing well before the Light of Dawn manifested. The ground is consecrated. Sacred. Souls or no, that protection isn't just 'withdrawn'... and even it could be, do you REALLY think heroes of the Light would let paladins be slaughtered?

I'm not too against it myself, I kinda like the different interactions with classes actually going to the other class halls. Makes it feel more interconnected.

Except the entire point of Class Orders, as stated by Blizzard when first announced, was that they would be a unified force when the factions couldn't.

Gonna be REAL hard to be unified when we're killing each other, don't you think?

Depending on Prince Galen's status the Ebon Blade also attacks the Forsaken.

Prince Galen is, very obviously, no longer Forsaken. Even in Cataclysm all his dialogue made it painfully clear that his obedience was a ruse, and I doubt very seriously that Sylvanas would suffer him declaring himself 'King'.
I really can't think of living paladins outside of Liadrin or Dezco. They don't really have anyone left.

Off the top of my head I can think of Maxwell (leader of Light's Hope), Grayson (Leader of Stormwind Paladins), Gryan Stoutmantle(I think), Mehlar Dawnblade (Uther's old apprentice), Aponi Brightmane (First Sunwalker) and Arator the Redeemer (Turalyon's and Alleria's son)

I was going to say the Hand of Argus but I actually can't remember their names. I think one is called Boros.
I knew it was going to happen, but I didn't expect the Liadrin beatdown on top of it.

I figured they'd handwave the Paladins knowing about the revival until after it happened by quite a bit of time, but with Liadrin trying to stop them that means the Paladin players should be aware of it sooner instead of later.
04/15/2016 04:15 AMPosted by Ximothy
I really can't think of living paladins outside of Liadrin or Dezco. They don't really have anyone left.

Off the top of my head I can think of Maxwell (leader of Light's Hope), Grayson (Leader of Stormwind Paladins), Gryan Stoutmantle(I think), Mehlar Dawnblade (Uther's old apprentice), Aponi Brightmane (First Sunwalker) and Arator the Redeemer (Turalyon's and Alleria's son)

I was going to say the Hand of Argus but I actually can't remember their names. I think one is called Boros.

There are plenty of living paladins, it's just that most of them are... mediocre.

Grayson is probably the most accomplished human paladin alive, and his Wowpedia is, like, two sentences. And one of them is citation needed.
04/15/2016 04:15 AMPosted by Ximothy

There are plenty of living paladins, it's just that most of them are... mediocre.

Grayson is probably the most accomplished human paladin alive, and his Wowpedia is, like, two sentences. And one of them is citation needed.

This pretty much sums up every non-Tirion, non-Argent paladin since Wrath
04/15/2016 05:17 AMPosted by Mithard

This pretty much sums up every non-Tirion, non-Argent paladin since Wrath

I dunno, Liandrin got to do some stuff in Warlords of Draenor.

I think that makes her the greatest paladin still alive.
I honestly Don't think Tirion will get a choice in if he wants to be undead or not because honestly you don't storm light hopes chapel as death knights beat down a bunch of paladin's just to ask Tirion if he want's to be raised as a dk.

All that work effort and probably wasted lives just to ask a question?
Does it matter if they give Tirion a choice after they kill a ton of paladins to reach him, morally speaking? Also, maybe they say "Accept the rez or we kill Liadrin and others!"