"So That You Don't Feel Obligated"

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Love ya Blizz, but it's ridiculous to keep helicopter parenting us so we don't feel 'obligated.'

Let us make our own big kid decisions.

I've had horrible bad luck on many of my alts in getting the Salvage gear sets, no matter how many boxes I've opened. I'll be real disappointed if you guys take this away and don't give us back an option to gain these sets that doesn't cost 60 bucks. Cuz, while the sets are nice and all, they are not worth $60 US for a boost.

This obligation thing is ridiculous. I can honestly say I've *never* felt obligated to keep doing X or Y in a previous expansion beyond going back to work on specific things like achievements or reps. Once I'm done, I'm done and I'm betting that goes for quite a lot of other people as well.

One thing that cheeses me off is that those Salvage boxes also contain gear items that are extremely rare, or no longer available in any other way. Some of the Scarlet gear, for example. So why? Why remove the greens? Will you give us other ways to get these no longer available items?
To clarify: we're going to make sure you can still get the transmog gear sets. The intention is NOT to remove that gear or make it otherwise inaccessible.
04/15/2016 08:17 PMPosted by Lore
To clarify: we're going to make sure you can still get the transmog gear sets. The intention is NOT to remove that gear or make it otherwise inaccessible.

Awesome

That's all I care about, thanks Lore.

Thanks for the clarification Lore!
Oh look, somebody complaining because they didn't properly use this expansion because it "sucked so much" demanding things stay in the expansion because "it doesn't suck so much"
04/15/2016 08:31 PMPosted by Juggalo
Oh look, somebody complaining because they didn't properly use this expansion because it "sucked so much" demanding things stay in the expansion because "it doesn't suck so much"

I think it's a reasonable concern. I don't have the transmog for every class right now because I haven't leveled one of every class. The way the announcement was initially worded would leave me to believe that if I ever wanted any of those sets I would need to hurry up and get them now.

OP's worry had nothing to do with their opinion of the expansion and it wasn't a complaint about the quality of WoD or even the garrisons.

With that said I'm happy Lore came here and clarified it. I really would love the mage set but I don't see myself leveling or even playing my mage enough to unlock the set so it's nice to known the set will be waiting for me in Legion.

This expansion did indeed suck so much, I'm sorry to say (relative to previous incarnations of this game). It disappoints me that the most time I've had to play this game since my pre-BC days happened to be during this expansion.

But I don't see any point to removing any of its content, nor do I see a point to removing any rewards beyond limiting gold output (since gold remains a cross-expansion relevant resource). I don't support the removal of such, either, just so that people can point to a set of pixels while exclaiming, "I was there." But I've said all this before.

For me it isn't enough, but I'm glad to hear for the sake of others that this particular set of rewards isn't going away.
So from what I gathered from reading a few things here and there on this thread most of you are complaining over stuff I'm pretty sure you guys saw coming ( well most I think) and are making a big deal about it when I already stocked up on crap from everything I wanted from the salvage yard and mostly things in dreanor and ready for legions new system

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742764248?page=1#1

Need to make sure I can mog my High Warlord's Shanker in Legion then plz + thx.

OK, but you are still cutting off my stream of Greens from across the game, right when you are introducing a system that makes greens from past content good for something.
The devs have given us so much in WoD. All these dank memes must've cost a raid tier.
so I have to find another way to obtain it, thanks for the heads up sellout. #iwouldtoo
04/15/2016 09:01 PMPosted by Akvon
so I have to find another way to obtain it, thanks for the heads up sellout. #iwouldtoo

You can still get them, they might even end up dropping from their replacement crates. It's just the other stuff that wont. Not to mention you have months to get it now if you want. Whats the problem?

His name "Juggalo" should essentially give it away.

Nothing to see here.

How can you make such a promise as a Community Manager? You aren't a Dev and likely aren't sitting in their developer meetings, and as Blizzard has shown, they tend to do whatever they want whenever they feel like which is the reason people have such a bitter taste and salty attitude towards the game and it's staff right now.

In the past Blizzard has occasionally accidentally removed gear. Like bloodthirsty pvp armor and wrath pvp weapons. So it's a legit concern.?
04/15/2016 09:23 PMPosted by Brightey
04/15/2016 09:01 PMPosted by Akvon
...so I have to find another way to obtain it, thanks for the heads up sellout. #iwouldtoo

You can still get them, they might even end up dropping from their replacement crates. It's just the other stuff that wont. Not to mention you have months to get it now if you want. Whats the problem?
quit butkisin. You will never brush his hair.

What about the other gear pieces that only come out of those crates? You know, the items that once dropped from rare mobs but that were removed as drops when Cataclysm hit? I'm talking about things like Holy Diadem, Pressed Felt Robe, Raven's Claws, Drake-Scale Vest, Lord Sakrasis' Scepter, I could go on.
Something that is annoying is you've always had to go back before to get old transmog gear or old items. How is this any different? I mean if they add another way to get those items that's fine I guess. But in the least I think they should leave that source there. Technically people are "forced" to run TBC content if they want the warglaives of azzinoth. That doesn't mean remove them so players aren't forced.