Stop the attacks on quest hubs

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
04/25/2016 02:55 AMPosted by Protian
Tl;dr - just grief them back, they obviously don't care to use any means to do it, why take the higher road at all, and do it right back.

Pretty much.

I miss true world pvp.. where guilds would stop and kill each other on sight just because they were there. I remember a long going war with Horde guilds vs 1 specific alliance guild.... (with a few others as well but 1 alliance guild was notorious on our server as a PvP guild).

Yes we would gank each other, we would disrupt zones in killing each other.. but we were all mostly end game level ... so many epic battles... the stormwind battle in late cata is probably one of the more memorable on our server.
04/22/2016 03:49 PMPosted by Kronzlife
In regards to the people crying about how they are trying to get 100's to come fight,

Then we have the Go get your main and stop us then crowd,

You also forgot the very valid argument that World PvP (not just ganking low levels) is not a thing any more. From what I hear, it's incredibly rare even on PvP servers, and all but non-existent on PvE servers.

If people want to try to world PvP and "get someone to come seek revenge", they need to roll on a PvP server. PvP happening on a PvE server should not be a thing.
I dunno, if you don't want your quest hubs and cities attacked, stop attacking ours.

I was on a toon of mine on Tich. We couldn't get together a big enough raid to attack a capital city. Somebody suggested Goldshire on Moonguard, and I pooh-poohed it. It's not fair to attack a low level area like that in my mind, and there's no challenge. And everybody does it.

So I logged in on this toon. We farmed Stormshield for 2 hours. Great fun.
There is no excuse for you to allow opposite factions to attack quest givers at quest hubs. People join NON PVP servers because we don't want the hassles of childish people ruining our game play, yet you continue to allow this type of infantile behavior to continue making game play for low level characters less than desirable. Nobody wants to sit around waiting over and over again to pick up or turn in quests because some child wants to kill the quest giver over and over again just to harass low level characters. Nobody cares if they kill the guards in those areas but the quest givers should be invulnerable to attacks. I know this can be done because I've seen NPC's that can't be attacked. How about stepping up, and make some changes to stop this moronic nonsense.

In regards to the people crying about how they are trying to get 100's to come fight, I say that's an excuse to try and justify your childish behavior. Killing low level quest givers that you can practically 1 shot is nothing more than a form of in-game harassment, plain and simple.
Telling someone to go to a different place to quest or Q for dungeons isn't your call. There are certain places, and quests people like to do.
Then we have the Go get your main and stop us then crowd, to that my response is this, what about noobs that don't have a main. Or someone like me that has 22 level 100's and have started leveling some toons on a new server. All you griefers think of is you, not the other guy, until you are the other guy that is.

Like I've said before, if a fight is really what you wanted you would Q for BG's or Arenas, or really grow a pair and Attack Orgrimmar, or Stormwind. hell even Warspear, and Stormshield if those places can be attacked But you griefers just want attention, not 100's to fight you.
(Personally I think you're just Sceeeeered of getting pwn'd at major cities.) :D

No.
I think the only hope Blizzard might do something to prevent low-level quest hub disruption/griefing is if they begin to feel that allowing the disruptions to continue might effect their bottom line.

For example, they might imagine that this summer, in the wake of marketing for the Warcraft movie, brand new potential players load up a trial account and check out WoW to see if it might be fun to play. Now imagine those brand new players have their progress halted for hours/days at level 12 and lack the knowledge to realm hop, are guild-less or don't know how to call out for help from level capped strangers. Why on earth would they bother converting their trial account to a paid sub? They are already trying to play 100-110 level catch-up on a game that is new to them; it is reasonable for them to think those 100 levels are going to be made tedious and annoying by having to deal with high level grief on a PvE server. I suspect many of them would say, "screw this," and go back to playing Fallout 4.

Now maybe that scenario wouldn't happen often....but if Blizzard is pulling out the stops to raise subs and gain new players with a movie and new expansion, why allow that scenario to happen at all? I seriously doubt Blizzard will do anything about it, although I think they should. Currently there is no rule against high level players harassing lowbies, disrupting PvE game play and generally causing widespread annoyance. "Don't hate the players, hate the game you sissies. We're not breaking any rules." True. I just question the wisdom of a business model that nearly encourages its player base to ruin the experience of new players and possibly drive them away. #wedon'twantyourmoney
04/25/2016 12:35 PMPosted by Inalyri
I think the only hope Blizzard might do something to prevent low-level quest hub disruption/griefing is if they begin to feel that allowing the disruptions to continue might effect their bottom line.

For example, they might imagine that this summer, in the wake of marketing for the Warcraft movie, brand new potential players load up a trial account and check out WoW to see if it might be fun to play. Now imagine those brand new players have their progress halted for hours/days at level 12 and lack the knowledge to realm hop, are guild-less or don't know how to call out for help from level capped strangers. Why on earth would they bother converting their trial account to a paid sub? They are already trying to play 100-110 level catch-up on a game that is new to them; it is reasonable for them to think those 100 levels are going to be made tedious and annoying by having to deal with high level grief on a PvE server. I suspect many of them would say, "screw this," and go back to playing Fallout 4.

Now maybe that scenario wouldn't happen often....but if Blizzard is pulling out the stops to raise subs and gain new players with a movie and new expansion, why allow that scenario to happen at all? I seriously doubt Blizzard will do anything about it, although I think they should. Currently there is no rule against high level players harassing lowbies, disrupting PvE game play and generally causing widespread annoyance. "Don't hate the players, hate the game you sissies. We're not breaking any rules." True. I just question the wisdom of a business model that nearly encourages its player base to ruin the experience of new players and possibly drive them away. #wedon'twantyourmoney

Not sure what you mean by

Now maybe that scenario wouldn't happen often...

What makes you think this is not something that has been happening on a continuous basis?

PVP griefers often say outright that they are trying to drive away lower level players from the game for having chosen to roll with the wrong faction.

Go to any of these areas that are constantly under attack, and you will find sad lowbies asking why Blizzard allows this situation to continue.

There has been a great deal of marketing effort to attract new players with the trial version of the game. My guess is that they lose most of the new players who attempt to pass through certain zones before they ever subscribe.
Keep in mind pve servers have insane 100 guards. They obit rate people.
What makes you think this is not something that has been happening on a continuous basis?

Nothing makes me think that. I simply acknowledge the fact that I don't personally know the full extent of this problem, nor how often it occurs across all servers. My point is simply that if Blizzard wants to grow its subscription base, it really shouldn't be happening at all :)
What drives me nuts is the people that dont even seem to want a fight. All they want to do is one shot everything in sight and if anything remotely challenging shows up they bail until it leaves. With flying mounts and phasing in some areas it makes it even easier for some of these people. It isnt very often that an actual good pvp fight happens anymore... even on pvp realms (at least mine). 9 times out of 10 the ppl killing low lvls will just fly away until you are gone.

I think it would be cool if they would implement some kind of bounty system that would make you hostile to both factions for dishonorable kills.
As Blizzard has stated before, it's not against the rules of the game. Many people do it to instigate some open world pvp, which is fine. Personally, I don't like pvping, and this character is my main. I've had quest disruption before, especially in Hellfire Peninsula, but I still made it to level 100.
04/25/2016 01:38 PMPosted by Ayona
As Blizzard has stated before, it's not against the rules of the game. Many people do it to instigate some open world pvp, which is fine. Personally, I don't like pvping, and this character is my main. I've had quest disruption before, especially in Hellfire Peninsula, but I still made it to level 100.

I call bullpoop, if they really wanted to instigate open world PVP they would attack major cities where they are guaranteed to attract the attention of level 100's. But that's not what they do. They cloak, and stealth, then PWN the guest givers as soon as they spawn.
Do us all a favor and write down your defense arguments for this ignorant behavior, then read it to yourself, then if it still makes sense to you, keep it to yourself because it doesn't make any sense at all to the lowbies being griefed.
As for it not being against the rules, that depends on your viewpoint. From where I sit this behavior is nothing more then hidden harassment. No different then cleverly veiled sexual innuendo, and racial comments that get batted about in trade and can get you suspended if reported. Trust me I've been on the receiving end of a 3 day suspension for simply saying offensive words in trade. So if comments can get you suspended, why can't blatant harassment.
There is no excuse for you to allow opposite factions to attack quest givers at quest hubs. People join NON PVP servers because we don't want the hassles of childish people ruining our game play, yet you continue to allow this type of infantile behavior to continue making game play for low level characters less than desirable. Nobody wants to sit around waiting over and over again to pick up or turn in quests because some child wants to kill the quest giver over and over again just to harass low level characters. Nobody cares if they kill the guards in those areas but the quest givers should be invulnerable to attacks. I know this can be done because I've seen NPC's that can't be attacked. How about stepping up, and make some changes to stop this moronic nonsense.

In regards to the people crying about how they are trying to get 100's to come fight, I say that's an excuse to try and justify your childish behavior. Killing low level quest givers that you can practically 1 shot is nothing more than a form of in-game harassment, plain and simple.
Telling someone to go to a different place to quest or Q for dungeons isn't your call. There are certain places, and quests people like to do.
Then we have the Go get your main and stop us then crowd, to that my response is this, what about noobs that don't have a main. Or someone like me that has 22 level 100's and have started leveling some toons on a new server. All you griefers think of is you, not the other guy, until you are the other guy that is.

As for it not being against the rules, that depends on your viewpoint. From where I sit this behavior is nothing more then hidden harassment. No different then cleverly veiled sexual innuendo, and racial comments that get batted about in trade and can get you suspended if reported. Trust me I've been on the receiving end of a 3 day suspension for simply saying offensive words in trade. So if comments can get you suspended, why can't blatant harassment.

Like I've said before, if a fight is really what you wanted you would Q for BG's or Arenas, or really grow a pair and Attack Orgrimmar, or Stormwind. hell even Warspear, and Stormshield if those places can be attacked But you griefers just want attention, not 100's to fight you.
(Personally I think you're just Sceeeeered of getting pwn'd at major cities.) :D

PS: Do us all a favor before posting a response, and write down your defense arguments for this ignorant behavior, then read it to yourself, then if it still makes sense to you, keep it to yourself because it doesn't make any sense at all to the Lowbies being Griefed / Harassed.

While we are on this topic, remove this CRZ BS or else drastically reduce the number of realms that get put together in a zone. I am not finding leveling desirable when I have to wait almost an hour for a quest boss to respawn cause every brother and his uncle are doing the same quest. This goes for almost EVERY quest. And no I AM NOT a casual. I do like a challenge in questing. I remember back when I was playing BC it use to actually take like 20-30 quests just to get a damn level. Now it takes the same amount of time to do those quests but gives way more exp and this type of hard is just frustrating, not engaging or a fun challenge.
Seventeen pages of complete idiocy. The only whining and crying you should be doing when quest givers get killed is you to your friends (If you have any for being whiney jags.) and going to hunt them down. PVE, PVP, RP, server alike. I'm aware that the majoring of PVERs just suck a load of crap at PVP so I tolerate your frustration. You log over to your main. You camp them. You log back over and continue leveling.

EDIT: I'll even teach you how to PVP on the majority of classes if that'll help grow your lacking backbones.
04/25/2016 04:02 PMPosted by Ryin
Seventeen pages of complete idiocy. The only whining and crying you should be doing when quest givers get killed is you to your friends (If you have any for being whiney jags.) and going to hunt them down. PVE, PVP, RP, server alike. I'm aware that the majoring of PVERs just suck a load of crap at PVP so I tolerate your frustration. You log over to your main. You camp them. You log back over and continue leveling.

EDIT: I'll even teach you how to PVP on the majority of classes if that'll help grow your lacking backbones.

Backbones in a game, son in RL I'd make you quiver in your high heels, and piss your panty hose don't try and play the tough guy here. Like it takes courage to pvp, you die, you rez, big deal.
Get this through your thick empty skull. PEOPLE CHOOSE PVE BECAUSE THEY HATE PVP, AND SHOULDN'T BE FORCED TO DEAL WITH JOKES LIKE YOU. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BACKBONE YOU TWIT.
04/25/2016 04:19 PMPosted by Kronzlife
04/25/2016 04:02 PMPosted by Ryin

Backbones in a game, son in RL I'd make you quiver in your high heels, and piss your panty hose don't try and play the tough guy here. Like it takes courage to pvp, you die, you rez, big deal.
Get this through your thick empty skull. PEOPLE CHOOSE PVE BECAUSE THEY HATE PVP, AND SHOULDN'T BE FORCED TO DEAL WITH JOKES LIKE YOU. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BACKBONE YOU TWIT.

I'm sure you would big boy. :^). I bet you were one of those kids who cried about having to win three battle grounds to get your legendary cloak. I bet you hated Wintergrasp to get to the raid. Why don't you just sit in your main city and level via full boa/dungeon queue's like the mongoloid that you are. Your salt just makes me erect.
04/25/2016 04:19 PMPosted by Kronzlife

slow down keyboard warrior

you look like a real bad !@# talkin' like that on the internet.

/endsarcasm
Kronz, upon looking at your talents and your crafted gear. Do you require help raiding as well?
Last I checked, NPC"s are part of the environment of the world.. So, Player vs Environment still holds true, just like if I kill you with something in the environment it isn't pvp either
Yeah. Going to a lowbie zone to gank is fairly pathetic considering when a couple people show up the ganker (cause they are so BA) usually run away. They are not there to force PVP but to get their jollies off being fat fingered jerks. Want world pvp go on a pvp server. If you can't be bothered to do that then I seriously question your courage levels.