C'mon Blizz ... are we doing this AGAIN?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
04/24/2016 07:30 AMPosted by Elae
Muffinz already said it doesn't work on group quests.

Why should it work on single player quests then, that are meant to be able to be completed, solo? What is wrong with going out into the world alone and having a chance to bump into something doing the same thing and thinking yeah I will team up with that person?

As I have said, I think a 3-day cooldown to complete an easily soloable quest is a phenomenal waste of resources and I would never take this ability.
As I have said, I think a 3-day cooldown to complete an easily soloable quest is a phenomenal waste of resources and I would never take this ability.

Ah 3 day cooldown? Well as long as they keep that as a cooldown that long.
04/24/2016 07:37 AMPosted by Tewa

What is the threshold where you would be uncomfortable?

Why does "soloable" matter?

If you are never going to take this ability, why are you so invested in this discussion? (Not that I'm really in a position to criticize)
04/24/2016 08:45 AMPosted by Scraga
04/24/2016 07:37 AMPosted by Tewa

What is the threshold where you would be uncomfortable?

Why does "soloable" matter?

If you are never going to take this ability, why are you so invested in this discussion? (Not that I'm really in a position to criticize)

Because there's a lot of mass hysteria going on about Legion. This thread is a good example, because it's people freaking out over an ability that's actually really bad.
04/24/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Tewa
Because there's a lot of mass hysteria going on about Legion. This thread is a good example, because it's people freaking out over an ability that's actually really bad.

i can get that. Out of curiousity, do you count me amongst those "freaking out"?
No. Freaking out is like this, from the OP:

Why do we need "instant completion" of content that is designed for us to actually egage in? Don't you see that you are neutralizing your own content again and removing the need to go out into the world and complete things?
Hopefully not too much of clicking follower, i mean the dailies itself is fine for me if i'm the one doing it...

It gets really annoying if everything is clicking follower...
04/23/2016 01:28 PMPosted by Noprunepls
hey blizzard I WANT TO DO THE CONTENT I DONT WANT IT DONE FOR ME

Then, oh I don't know, don't use the system?
04/24/2016 08:59 AMPosted by Tewa
No. Freaking out is like this, from the OP:

Why do we need "instant completion" of content that is designed for us to actually egage in? Don't you see that you are neutralizing your own content again and removing the need to go out into the world and complete things?

But dude, he can complete one solo quest once every three days.

Obviously, that completely negates all content that's ever been created in this game.
04/23/2016 01:22 PMPosted by Muffinus
Currently this ability only works on a small amount of World Quests - those akin to a daily quest. Does not work on dungeons, rare elites, bosses, etc.

With that in mind, continued feedback is welcome!

I think the point that you guys are missing here is the intention of giving players more to do fell far short with garrison design in WoD. You gave us things to click for 10 minutes a day while our followers scripted out the act of 'doing' them for us. Not exactly exciting or engaging for the average player.

If you expect us to enjoy the 'garrison' experience, you have to incorporate actual player game play into task completion. Think of it like this: you could have made the garrison feature more robust by tying it directly to scenarios. Rather than having a bunch of piddly missions for followers to go do, have a multi faceted quest hub system that utilizes scenarios to help you engage in the completion of your garrison missions. Instead of sending followers to get a highmaul cache, send the player with his followers to a specialized version of the raid inside the scenario system and let him complete a 15 minute quest to get his cache.

That way we don't need 100 different follower quests or 25 followers on rotation doing them. We could have just recruited some of the more important characters in the game (instead of a lot of random nobodies) and used a smaller pool of party benefits to choose from when going on our missions. You could have built the system with templates that keep the difficulty at a reasonable level for solo play but not too difficult (or easy) with ilvl and player level playing a role in which missions become available.

I would even be willing to believe this was the grandiose intent of Garrisons and Ship Yards during WoD development, and that time/cost restrictions limited it to what it ended up being. It's just amazing to me that you guys don't seem to have learned anything from this.

TL; DR: You failed by copy+pasting the follower/housing system from Star Wars. No one wanted that terrible substitute for game play added to Wow.
04/24/2016 10:32 AMPosted by Juubeì
Currently this ability only works on a small amount of World Quests - those akin to a daily quest. Does not work on dungeons, rare elites, bosses, etc.

I think the point that you guys are missing here is the intention of giving players more to do fell far short with garrison design in WoD. You gave us things to click for 10 minutes a day while our followers scripted out the act of 'doing' them for us. Not exactly exciting or engaging for the average player.

If you expect us to enjoy the 'garrison' experience, you have to incorporate actual player game play into task completion.

I think he wants feedback for Legion not WoD

So the point is that you you guys thought this would be the end all be all resource dump since there really aren't any compelling rewards? Honestly I wish the team would've just decided to unlock the upgrades through quests rather than currency. Or am I missing some information?
04/24/2016 07:39 AMPosted by Elae
Ah 3 day cooldown? Well as long as they keep that as a cooldown that long.

If this were to exist I think a daily cooldown would be more practical.
rather have the seal of fate..... or a op cooldown on a 3day timer
You don't think you want this.... but you do.
I think a lot of the people here banging the WoD-garrison "Oh no a table is in the room' drum are from that other long thead about it. Maybe they've just been shouting at each other in an echo chamber and take time to throw rocks at threads full of people who have stopped going there to listen to that.

There is enough information out there now to satisfy that its not the same animal, so people need to simmer the hell down.
04/24/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Reactable
So the point is that you you guys thought this would be the end all be all resource dump since there really aren't any compelling rewards? Honestly I wish the team would've just decided to unlock the upgrades through quests rather than currency. Or am I missing some information?

The primary source of Order Hall Resources is doing quests. We'll be laying out the details of Legion's endgame structure as we get closer to release - it feels premature to publish a blog on the subject while we're still iterating on exactly how all the pieces fit together, as well as tuning. But Legion has at least as much max-level outdoor content as Mists of Pandaria did, except with a different structure (world quests complemented by one-time story moments) that lets us offer more player choice and day-to-day variation, to avoid some of the pitfalls of Mists, where we heard player feedback about repetition and burnout.

As for the subject of the thread, yeah, as Muffinus noted above, this is one of many different perks that you can unlock (or not), and is intended to offer a small time-saving convenience. If anything, it may end up being undesirable because of its limitations, and we wouldn't be willing to buff it to the point where it'd be truly "strong" because that would cut directly against the value, expressed many times here in this discussion, of actually going out and adventuring. We'll see how it plays out in further testing.
04/24/2016 03:51 PMPosted by Watcher
The primary source of Order Hall Resources is doing quests. We'll be laying out the details of Legion's endgame structure as we get closer to release - it feels premature to publish a blog on the subject while we're still iterating on exactly how all the pieces fit together, as well as tuning. But Legion has at least as much max-level outdoor content as Mists of Pandaria did, except with a different structure (world quests complemented by one-time story moments) that lets us offer more player choice and day-to-day variation, to avoid some of the pitfalls of Mists, where we heard player feedback about repetition and burnout.

As for the subject of the thread, yeah, as Muffinus noted above, this is one of many different perks that you can unlock (or not), and is intended to offer a small time-saving convenience. If anything, it may end up being undesirable because of its limitations, and we wouldn't be willing to buff it to the point where it'd be truly "strong" because that would cut directly against the value, expressed many times here in this discussion, of actually going out and adventuring. We'll see how it plays out in further testing.

Neat.
But Legion has at least as much max-level outdoor content as Mists of Pandaria did, except with a different structure (world quests complemented by one-time story moments) that lets us offer more player choice and day-to-day variation, to avoid some of the pitfalls of Mists, where we heard player feedback about repetition and burnout.

Coming from one of your Alpha players, I was already happy with the idea of World Quests when I first tried 'em out. Seeing this makes me even more excited for Legion, since MoP had a lot of open-world content (which people still complained about endlessly) and, generally, a lot to do literally every day. I don't think I was really all that bored during the earlier half of MoP since there was just so much stuff available, so keep at it!
04/24/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Reactable

Fair enough. I'm glad you brought up mop because it got me thinking about a daily or two I just really didn't enjoy and being able to skip it once a week wouldn't be a bad thing imo. Yeah from what I've seen from alpha testers, with how the whole world seems to come alive from all the quests that open up after reaching max level, is exciting to say the least. I'm really looking forward to the climb to 110 and thereafter at the end of summer.