Is Blizzard ever going to fix char models?

General Discussion
Are they ever going to finish correcting animations, shading problems, clipping, poor textures and unanimated hair (Blood Elf females are the most egregious example of the last one)? Are they just lazy about this, or do they just not care?
Are you retarded?

They DID fix the models.
...there's an option in Settings to enable new character models. Click it.

The new hair is animated. Lol. Clipping simply can't be fixed. They'd have to go through every single item that uses the same style and reposition and possibly re-draw them. That'd take them ages.

Textures and Shading Problems... uh what? The new models fixed that.

And legion has a bajillion new animations, so wait until then to judge those?
Does anyone else have the problem where certain races sometimes looks weird in the character portrait frame? Like male and female humans, male dwarves and Night elves and female gnomes specifically?
04/22/2016 10:31 PMPosted by Reinhilde
...there's an option in Settings to enable new character models. Click it.

Oh, boy, a condescending idiot! Like the forums don't have enough of those already.

The new hair is animated. Lol.

Apparently not, because all of the female Blood Elf hair styles aren't animated, nor are separate from the body like Blizzard promised they would be. Every other race has animated hair that isn't glued to a single place on their backs.

Clipping simply can't be fixed.

BS. Female Blood Elf weapons clip through their thighs in an extremely egregious manner, which could be easily fixed by adjusting the weapon's positions to compensate.

They'd have to go through every single item that uses the same style and reposition and possibly re-draw them. That'd take them ages.

So, laziness. The Old Blizzard would have took the time to do that, in order to get everything right.

Textures and Shading Problems... uh what? The new models fixed that.

Textures being copy-pasted from males onto females (such as with tauren fur colors and patterns), being extremely blurry and unfinished (female Night Elves and Humans), and shading appearing in places where it shouldn't.

And legion has a bajillion new animations, so wait until then to judge those?

Ah, yes, the typical Blizzdrone argument of "It's just Alpha! Wait till it is released!".
04/22/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Kelisaria
Are they ever going to finish correcting animations, shading problems, clipping, poor textures and unanimated hair (Blood Elf females are the most egregious example of the last one)? Are they just lazy about this, or do they just not care?

Try to keep the suggestions coming and remember they can be submitted in-game as well (Escape key > Help > Submit a Suggestion). I do believe Blizzard will continue to tweak here and there. We saw tweaks to Humans and Night Elves (and maybe other races, Im not sure) in patches 6.1 and 6.2 so I bet they'll refine here and there.
04/22/2016 10:19 PMPosted by Fysse
Are you retarded?

They DID fix the models.

They broke mine, my character looks like frankenstein's monster, now.

Fortunately, we can use the old models. (For now, but I dread the day they ever remove that option.)
The new models introduced new problems. Not fixed, not going to be fixed either.

Personally, all I wanted was high res versions of what we had before and maybe some minor improvements on hands etc. This should have gone hand in hand with high res versions of old armor, weapons, etc. and I think it goes without saying that they should have fixed clipping issues whenever possible.

None of that is forthcoming either.
I'm still bummed that they haven't bothered to add any animation rigs to the braid haircut for trolls. It's so unnaturally stiff. It's unsettling.
Soon™
Are you retarded?

They DID fix the models.

Use cursed vision of sargeras on a human female and come tell me that again.
04/22/2016 10:56 PMPosted by Kelisaria

Ah, yes, the typical Blizzdrone argument of "It's just Alpha! Wait till it is released!".

Or, or, or, I'm telling you they redid practically every single animation in legion. So judging the models on CURRENT animations is ridiculous because you're asking for them to be fixed when in fact, they are.
I really wish clipping wasn't a thing.

It's easily my #1 pet peeve with MMOs in general. x.x
04/22/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Kelisaria
unanimated hair

Say wut?
I can't be the only one not surprised that the OP who is complaining about this is a Blood Elf. Such whiny, so entitlement.

I could sit here and complain about every little detail that I didn't like about something and whine about why it should be changed, or I could just move on.

04/22/2016 10:56 PMPosted by Kelisaria
BS. Female Blood Elf weapons clip through their thighs in an extremely egregious manner, which could be easily fixed by adjusting the weapon's positions to compensate.

They can't even hold weapons anyway, so I don't see why it matters.
If you ignore the small things that bother you, they will go away.
They DID fix the models.
After a while of feedback they listened & further rendered the new models similar to the classic.

• White & black fur color changed in 6.1 to be akin to classic models.

• Yet particular issues still exist.
  • We sit on our tail.
    http://i.imgur.com/ExfeHu1.jpg

• Golden braid bands changed to red.
    http://i.imgur.com/AmgA2pR.jpg

• Tuft of brown fur missing upon white fur color.
    http://i.imgur.com/TwGAIks.jpg

• 04/22/2016 11:35 PMPosted by Tewa
    Fortunately, we can use the old models. (For now, but I dread the day they ever remove that option.)
    It is happening. In Legion, due to all the newer animations, classic skeleton (& animations along with it) will be removed. Effectively classic models are only going to consist of texture differences now.

After infinite cringe & tons of effort, I managed to adjust to the new models. Classic tauren will still go down in history as being the utmost gorgeous.
    No resources obviously
    OP none of that is fixed on alpha, and probably never will be at this point. There's new animations causing new problems though, so there's that to look forward to.

Ignore the willfully ignorant fanboys.
    Blizzard simply doesn't care very much about appearance customization. All of their newer games have less than WOW.