Is Blizzard ever going to fix char models?

General Discussion
Male Blood Elves need serious work on the face... so much ugly smugness... D:

But more importantly... new models for Worgen and Goblins needs to happen first.
Happy with what I have. I this game is not realistic enough for you, I would suggest that you go outside.
04/22/2016 11:44 PMPosted by Kolde
04/22/2016 10:19 PMPosted by Fysse
Are you retarded?

They DID fix the models.

Use cursed vision of sargeras on a human female and come tell me that again.

didnt they fix that? i know they still look wonky on the armory but i feel like they fixed it in-game
04/23/2016 12:27 AMPosted by Tariy
Classic tauren will still go down in history as being the utmost gorgeous.

lol Only scrubs feel that way.
There are issues with the models still, or most of them at least. Mainly minor issue with animations (things like the holding of certain weapons being a bit...off, with animations ;particularly guns from what I can tell), Night and Blood Elf females both have this unusual case of statuesqueness when they sit still for long enough, some people argued for a while about the Night Elf female faces (I'll admit even I feel like they're a bit too stony and 'dead' compared to the faces of most of the others. ...I don't know what it is, they just feel... wrong.)

And then there's armor mapping on a lot of the new models, especially for things like helmets. The models themselves look mostly fine at least. I believe they still need some touch ups here and there, particularly the Night Elves, but... I don't know if they're really a priority anymore. I feel like they should be up on the list of priorities somewhere since you know, they ARE our characters that we use to interact with the game. But ultimately, it depends on what Blizzard has on their table.

Should the models be fixed where issues are present? Certainly.
Is it feasible right now? That seems less certain to me. Maybe closer to Legion release we'll know. Maybe a pre-patch or two may even bring some additional fixes. I know I've submitted some problems...they've not been fixed yet as far as I'm aware.
04/22/2016 10:19 PMPosted by Fysse
Are you retarded?

They DID fix the models.

Nice cleft lip, Was that a birth defect? How about when you jump? Look at your arms.

What about clipping? Animations? Blood Elves -freeze- in idle sitting position, yadda yadda, you don't know what you're talking about, and Blizzard needs to cut the crap already.
Probably not.

"OUR LARGEST DEVELOPMENT TEAM EVER!"
04/23/2016 07:11 AMPosted by Rushford
Probably not.

"OUR LARGEST DEVELOPMENT TEAM EVER!"

Apparently, all of their development and bug fixing teams got rerouted into the PR department.
Honestly if it isn't fixed now, its unlikely to be fixed later.

Blood Elves were the last major change... wasn't this a 6.1 deal? Minor changes up to and stopping at 6.2. We've had over 10 months since with nothing but minor things to add. If they haven't made changes in that time... then you are unlikely to see more.
04/22/2016 11:41 PMPosted by Quisto
Personally, all I wanted was high res versions of what we had before and maybe some minor improvements on hands etc. This should have gone hand in hand with high res versions of old armor, weapons, etc. and I think it goes without saying that they should have fixed clipping issues whenever possible.
Why OP got downvoted?

The new models are FAR from being finished.

Some of them do not resemble their original versions.

https://i.imgur.com/L1coQ5J.png
04/23/2016 11:12 PMPosted by Aurine
Wow. If that is your character, I totally feel for you.

That hair isn't even the same nor is the face, original had a more slender face. The lips are a different color & she is missing her black eyeliner.
04/23/2016 11:34 PMPosted by Tariy
Wow. If that is your character, I totally feel for you.

That hair isn't even the same nor is the face, original had a more slender face. The lips are a different color & she is missing her black eyeliner.

I was really disappointed with what Blizz did to the Night elves. They had those slender faces and almond shaped eyes. Now they're perma-smiling and their faces are 3x as wide as they used to be. I can only use one face on fem Night elves now that doesn't make me cringe, but that specific face has the eyebrows too high on her head.
As much as I'd love for them to fix all of the bugs and actually finish the new models, I doubt they ever will.

04/23/2016 11:43 PMPosted by Aloralune
I was really disappointed with what Blizz did to the Night elves. They had those slender faces and almond shaped eyes. Now they're perma-smiling and their faces are 3x as wide as they used to be. I can only use one face on fem Night elves now that doesn't make me cringe, but that specific face has the eyebrows too high on her head.

The gnomes all look pissed off now. My warlock had the happy face, and now she looks like she's constantly planning a murder.
The gnomes all look pissed off now. My warlock had the happy face, and now she looks like she's constantly planning a murder.

Though, I'd rather have pissed faces than perma-happy faces, especially on such a serious race as Night elves.
Some of them do not resemble their original versions.

Yeah it's amazing how much more detail the newer models have. New skeleton, more fluid animations, far better textures. They resemble the originals, but they're just far superior to them.

The new models are a good transition from their 2004 counterparts. If you added more polygons to the original models, gave them more fluid animations and better textures, the result would be close to what we have, which I find to be a pretty accurate "upgrade" from the originals. If you want low poly models with 1999 textures, use the original models, by all means. Just please, for the love of all that is holy, stop crying about them on the forums.
04/23/2016 05:48 AMPosted by Maya
04/22/2016 11:44 PMPosted by Kolde

Use cursed vision of sargeras on a human female and come tell me that again.

didnt they fix that? i know they still look wonky on the armory but i feel like they fixed it in-game

Sadly they havent fixed it yet , maybe the expansion after legion will fix it if we're lucky.
04/22/2016 10:31 PMPosted by Reinhilde
...there's an option in Settings to enable new character models. Click it.

They are talking about the flaws that a lot of the NEW models have.

The new hair is animated. Lol.

A handful of options are.
Most are not.

There are only something like 5 styles with any animation to them, the rest are stiff as stone.

Clipping simply can't be fixed.

It actualy can.

The occasional thing clipping during an animation is fine.
Armour and weapons clipping into your character while standing idle however is not.
And there is a lot of stuff that is always clipping, belts, helms, shoulders, every single weapon holstered on the hip of female Blood Elves, etc.

They'd have to go through every single item that uses the same style and reposition and possibly re-draw them.

No, they could simply change the default positioning for certain items on characters.

It would be far more efficient to do it as a character model change then an armour model change.

Textures and Shading Problems... uh what? The new models fixed that.

No they didn't, they bought a host of new problems while fixing some (but nowhere near all) of the old ones.

And legion has a bajillion new animations, so wait until then to judge those?

The problems are not just situated with animations, a lot of it has to do with the models themselves.

What point would there be in waiting for new animations, when the animations don't address the issues that are present in anyway whatsoever?
If you're more concerned about them fixing characters over them fixing things wrong in the gameplay.. you prob shouldn't be playing this. I hear !@#$ websites are nice to look at pretty girls while you're online.
fix female human helmet positioning and I'm appeased.