LFR in ONE Sentence

General Discussion
Fastest raid ever
I had to afk at the start of a LFR once and when I got back the whole thing was cleared and I had my loot in the mail.
05/12/2016 06:49 PMPosted by Ariana
something I liked back in MoP
The conclusion to the story and the place I used to get nice Trangsmog gear in MoP
05/12/2016 07:08 PMPosted by Aehl
On the Eternal Crusade forums, someone quoted a post attributed to some Blizzard representative who apparently talked about how everything in World of Warcraft apart from leveling quests and leveling dungeons is participated in by a minority of the players.

Yes well I saw that, and one of the comments was that a minority of players had more than one toon at max level. At which I laughed. A minority of players DOESNT have more than one toon at max level

Which would mean even LFR caters to a minority of the overall players.

LFR caters to the MAJORITY who dont raid mythic.Or Heroic for that matter. If Blizzard was tomorrow, to only cater to the hardcore, theyd be left with that same minority.

As one dev stated (and you can guess which game he was referring to) "When you cater to 1% of the gamer population, dont be surprised when that 1% is all you have left."

http://thecasualwow.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/the-numbers-game.html

But LFR’s 70% participation rate clearly blows flex out of the water as a second stringer in terms of how successful its implementation is, and in fact LFR’s participation rate is often times higher than other raid difficulties COMBINED.

http://sarcrux.com/mythic-difficulty-mythic-failure/

Would you consider Mythic a success when the latter half of the hardest content is being seen by less than 2.5% of the player base?

70% ..or even 60%..as opposed to 2.5%?

You do the math.

He said "several" max-level characters. Several does not mean two or more.

Also, I'll take Blizzard's word on participation statistics over MMO-Champion's.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743595664?page=4#75

Though it's worth noting he didn't mention LFR specifically, just the general category of "raiding".
Pro tip, Mannoroth's fury doesn't work with cata.

Mate, I dont know what toon you are looking at, but I dont HAVE Mannoroths fury as a talent.

I also dont have Cataclysm as a talent.

KJC and Charred Remains.

What the hell ARE you on about?
Literally Hitler
Also, I'll take Blizzard's word on participation statistics over MMO-Champion's.

He didnt quote any statistics. He didnt mention any numbers or data. Please quote where he showed what percentage had cleared what content.

I'll wait
05/12/2016 07:53 PMPosted by Aehl

Mate, I dont know what toon you are looking at, but I dont HAVE Mannoroths fury as a talent.

KJC and Charred Remains.

You cooked? http://i.imgur.com/XMUWwMC.jpg

05/12/2016 07:59 PMPosted by Aehl

He didnt quote any statistics. He didnt mention any numbers or data. Please quote where he showed what percentage had cleared what content.

I'll wait

And your proof that the majority of players actively participate in LFR? Please show us your numbers?

Also the SoO and MoP numbers are flawed since you had raiders running it to get tier and trinkets. Did you forget what HFC LFR was like pre Valor with little to no raiders doing it outside of for tomes on a boss their guild did not kill?
05/12/2016 05:57 PMPosted by Poolze
Its the GED of the MMO game.

idk, man. GED still takes minimum effort to get and a small bit of incentive and obligation.

LFR requires none of the above. usually just /follow and afk, then complain o nthe forums when you don't get your welfare epics.
People hate it irrationally.

Thats the demo spec tree .

Aehl is and always has been Destro.

I have a demo offspec which is what you are looking at. See that green tick?

Thats the active talent tree and spec.

Destro.
05/12/2016 07:53 PMPosted by Aehl

KJC and Charred Remains.

Hmm aren't you a bit dramatic to edit your post and add a bunch of bold, caps and underline words? Can't you just write normally like everyone else? That's like you are trying to shout over some internet arguments. Are you raging irl now because someone else disagree with you?
. Are you raging irl now because someone else disagree with you?

Annoyed is a better term. If people cant read profiles correctly then they need to not do it. The tree he is looking at is my demo OFFSPEC which I havent used in a donkeys age, and is using it to troll.
05/12/2016 08:02 PMPosted by Aehl

Thats the demo spec tree .

Aehl is and always has been Destro.

I have a demo offspec which is what you are looking at. See that green tick?

Thats the active talent tree and spec.

Destro.

Funny, I never said it was your active talent set, I said you had horrible talent choices. So you still chose MF and Cata together for a spec you don't use and have never played despite having it as your dual spec choice. Righto m8. Why don't you go back and answer my other points :)?

Where are you numbers and please explain why HFC LFR was atrocious pre nerfs and Valor.
Funny, I never said it was your active talent set, I said you had horrible talent choices. So you still chose MF and Cata together for a spec you don't use and have never played despite having it as your dual spec choice. Righto m8. Why don't you go back and answer my other points :)?

What other points? All I see is you trolling (and reported as a troll) over a demo offspec that hasnt seen use since before MOP.

And welcome to my ignore list
LFR... Sometimes ya gotta come in here.
In one sentence:

A necessary evil.

I don't especially like LFR, especially the crappy, toothless version we have in WOD. But at this point it simply cannot be removed.
05/12/2016 08:15 PMPosted by Nakkiel
Where are you numbers and please explain why HFC LFR was atrocious pre nerfs and Valor.

Prenerfs - Archimonde had his banish mechanic which was extremely difficult to organize without voicechat, especially in raids where you had people who did not speak English. Very poorly designed fight for LFR.

Pre Valor - I had queues in excess of 90 minutes on a tank. The solution would have been better loot or even decent transmog loot however, not valor.
For what purpose?