Draenei Life span.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
04/26/2016 10:22 PMPosted by Alinthri
04/26/2016 10:19 PMPosted by Mae
Back on topic. if a Blue skin Draenei is younger, and white skinned is older, what is the ebony skin colour mean?

It means they need an adult

Huh?
04/26/2016 07:41 PMPosted by Pouncey
Plenty of people answered how long Draenei live.

They mature into adults slowly though. Durotan, as a child, had a Draenei child as a friend. Durotan went back home, but eventually met his childhood friend again while he was Chieftan of the Frostwolves. The Draenei was still a child.

Don't read up on that story any further if you don't want to be sad though.

Orcs age quickly though.

Drek'thar should be technically dead from old age. He's like what, 60ish?

04/26/2016 07:45 PMPosted by Adelphie
Most likely upward of 100,000 years if not immortal. Velen was already extremely old 25,000 years ago. Rise of the Horde described them as "beings beyond the reach of time." Blizzard has been very quiet on just how long draenei live.

There are quite a few draenei that are over 25,000 years old and none of them seem to be particularly old.

04/26/2016 07:31 PMPosted by Cirno
We know they had some sort of cryogenic stasis technology, at least onboard the Exodar, so I imagine it may've been present on the Genedar as well. So it could be that some, or many, were put into a stasis at some point.

Exodar had it because Exodar was a zoo where they kept animals. Just like Arcatraz was a prison so it also had them. None of the other naaru ships had them. There's no indication that draenei were ever in cryogenic stasis, it's purely fan fiction.

Where's the info on Exodar?

And we may figure out more about them in a Chronicles book. We just started the timeline man.
04/26/2016 10:27 PMPosted by Mae
04/26/2016 10:22 PMPosted by Alinthri

It means they need an adult

Huh?
I think it means things have gone way off topic now.
Do we have a release date window for volume 2? O.o
Orcs age quickly though.

Orcs become adults faster than humans but their total life span is roughly the same iirc.
04/26/2016 10:55 PMPosted by Mae
Orcs age quickly though.

Orcs become adults faster than humans but their total life span is roughly the same iirc.
Is that even truly the case? I know that to accelerate the production of soldiers, the Shadow Council took Orc children and drained life from them to induce rapid aging until adulthood, but I haven't actually seen anything about Orc aging when not altered.
04/26/2016 10:27 PMPosted by Kalieth

It's one of the quests in Bloodmyst Isle where they send you to kill the ravagers. Exodar is a menagerie.
04/26/2016 11:00 PMPosted by Adelphie

It's one of the quests in Bloodmyst Isle where they send you to kill the ravagers. Exodar is a menagerie.
Turns out: despite being floating wind-chimes, the Naaru have a lot of class.
04/26/2016 11:00 PMPosted by Adelphie

I read that quest as "Exodar *HAD* a menagerie" not "was exclusively".

As in, it wasn't *just* the zoo.
04/26/2016 11:03 PMPosted by Kalieth
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I read that quest as "Exodar *HAD* a menagerie" not "was exclusively".

As in, it wasn't *just* the zoo.

Why? The other satellites of Tempest Keep had very specific purposes(prison, engineering bay, botanical laboratory), why wouldn't the Exodar follow the same pattern? It was never meant to be a standalone ship, it was part of Tempest Keep.
We live for 3 potatoe.
I am currently 4007, soon to be 4008 years of age.

I'd say these are my "Formative" years.

^__^
04/27/2016 02:46 AMPosted by Auron

^__^

I assume it'd be rather difficult for draenei to keep track of their age. Both because it's a rather high number and also because of traveling to many different planets that may have longer or shorter years.
04/27/2016 02:49 AMPosted by Adelphie

^__^

I assume it'd be rather difficult for draenei to keep track of their age. Both because it's a rather high number and also because of traveling to many different planets that may have longer or shorter years.

My guess is that its easier if you we alive on Argus. You know you're at least 25,000 years old.

^__^

Well you old enough to have been around long before you guys landed on Draenor, but still way to young to know Argus.

^__^

You're dead, you don't age anymore. We covered this at DK school.

04/27/2016 02:49 AMPosted by Adelphie

Basically this, too.