Can we get our new Worgen models?

General Discussion
Prev 1 210 211 212 251 Next
Goblins too? Please?
03/07/2017 12:10 AMPosted by Flintwick
Goblins too? Please?
100%. Goblins are our brothers and sisters in this struggle.
03/07/2017 12:08 AMPosted by Barynd
As usual, they do NOT have their priorities in order. *sigh* It's disheartening.

Of course they don't, and this thread will be on the front page of General Discussion for another year, and every year after that, just to remind them on a daily basis of this fact.
For every week Blizz don't update our models I'm going to cut myself

I'm fckng serious
WTB a head that I can use helms on, without looking like a porcupine is attached to the back.

Also, the constant growling expression on the face is...pretty old.

Thanks in advance Blizz.
03/07/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Eodrik
For every week Blizz don't update our models I'm going to cut myself

I'm fckng serious

I don't think that would do much, but why even result to that?
Wait. Isn't there a way to swap out the Worgen models for the alpha ones via modding or some such? Or would that be against the ToS and lead to a ban?
03/07/2017 03:16 PMPosted by Erlyvianne
Wait. Isn't there a way to swap out the Worgen models for the alpha ones via modding or some such? Or would that be against the ToS and lead to a ban?
Any model swapping would be illegal yes... that said unless you went around talking about how you did it... it's unlikely they'd know.

I won't say where but there's one place that does models swaps... still I'd recommend against it. I'm honestly quite sad about the lack of update for Worgen or even a word on when/if we might get one. :/
Or would that be against the ToS and lead to a ban?

Yes.

Though you can mod sound files.

Pretty sure it would lead to a ban.

Yes I believe so, but I wouldn't bother with it since it's not the real deal and I don't know what I really look like when customizing myself.
I agree on the update to worgans XD I really do think they need tails or something. they got pretty flat butts :P but lets look and drool over Genn :P hes such a wonderful updated sexy worgan :P I want so many of him.

I literally named him my favorite character in legion when i saw he was a "WHITE" Worgan when we really don't have that :( My Deathknight would be a white one in a heart beat.
I've been watching these posts with great interest. Let's get some worgen love! Everyone knows Gilneas is the best ^_^
03/07/2017 03:30 PMPosted by Wärmoon
I agree on the update to worgans XD I really do think they need tails or something. they got pretty flat butts :P but lets look and drool over Genn :P hes such a wonderful updated sexy worgan :P I want so many of him.

I literally named him my favorite character in legion when i saw he was a "WHITE" Worgan when we really don't have that :( My Deathknight would be a white one in a heart beat.

Yeah, when they showed off the Alpha models before Cata there was an option for white fur. I was looking forward to rolling a white female Worgen rogue. Then Cata went live and I found they'd replaced the Alpha model with what I've come to refer to as the Derphound.
Mind if we fix the wobbly walk for the males while we're at it? I'm all for more polygons but the walk cycle could use some cleaning up. Just don't make it too bouncy because I know you will try to.

Also, Darkflight is pretty weak and could use a buff.
03/07/2017 03:30 PMPosted by Wärmoon

Now that I think of it, one of the most popularly asked for things was a white fur tone for worgens ever since the worgens were released.

They give every other race proper updated models, and neglect ours, while updating Genn's and giving him.... said white fur tone that so many were asking for.

Next, we will see them remodel more worgen NPC's, and give them tails.

smh
As I'm a warrior and have been seeing viking stuff shoved in my face all Xpan I think Worgen (And humans) would look great with Vrykul Hair.

Braids and little metal bits...
This thread gives me hope. *crosses fingers* Please let the model update happen this expansion! D:
03/07/2017 03:20 PMPosted by Roshirah
I won't say where but there's one place that does models swaps... still I'd recommend against it. I'm honestly quite sad about the lack of update for Worgen or even a word on when/if we might get one. :/

I'm more sad about how some players are forced to consider breaking ToS and willing to put their account on the line just to model swap their Worgen to a better looking one. This tells you just how unsatisfied players are with the existing models for 1. to cause those with model editing savy to even create a mod, 2. to cause those who hate the existing models to be willing to mod them to something better.

But yeah, considering i still see people on a day to day basis type things out in chat like .skin .gender .race or stuff like that which even though I dont use it, but it's just so common that I know people who do, that it's tmorph, and isn't causing players to be banned or suspended, tells me that it's something that's probably not easily detectable since it's a clientside-only change, or isn't against the ToS.

So whether if it's bannable or not... I did a quick search in regards to an addon like Tmorph being bannable or not, and I see that even the Blues seem unsure if it's bannable or not (at least unwilling to give a straight yes or no answer). So I am guessing this expands to similar non-tmorph appearance mods such as the Worgen model mods I've seen:

11/09/2014 01:51 PMPosted by Vrakthris
11/09/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Xaîjen
literally looking for a simple blue yes or no just like the other tens of thousands of people wanting it

As the others mentioned, Xaîjen, we're not going to be able to give a definitive answer on a specific program. That doesn't mean that a specific program is fine to use, just that we cannot give an official Yes/No answer on its use.

It is important to understand the policy and what it says and compare it to what a program does. If the program operates in a way that would run contrary to our policies you have your answer.

The links that Thunderwulf provided cover the subject fairly well, especially my own.

I would avoid any program that changes such files as it could very well put your account at risk of closure.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? [url="https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vrakthris"]Click me[/url].

Also was saw this post: "Though any change to a file you may want to make may be benign it is not something that we can make individual determinations on. Our systems would only look to see if a file was changed."

So these unclear answers overall just mean: user beware, try at your own risk. But the fact you can ask them if a an exploit/addon which we all know is bannable (i.e. pvp kick-botting, bots, etc) and they'd say a definite yes to these, the fact they wont give a definite yes to appearance modding/addons, leaves the answer to be open to your own interpretation.

------

Here's my own interpretation from reading these posts from the Blues: While they personally see no harm in editing your appearance and while doing so may not be explicitly defined in or against the Terms of Service, So isn't a bannable offense in those regards..,

Just the fact that Blizzard's automated system which keeps an eye out for exploits and other things that are game breaking or give a player an unfair advantage, and issues out automated suspensions/bans when it detects these when it executes a banwave... this automated system only sees that a gamefile was modified (even if non-exploitive/non-malicious), so it may cause it to include you in it's banwave along with exploiters/botters, etc.

However, my hypothesis is that this automated system is only keeping an eye out for certain programs running in the background, particular edited game files, or in-game traits which are associated with botting and other known exploits; so character appearance likely isn't something it polices, otherwise as I mentioned above, there probably would have been a mass banwave of the tens of thousands of users who use addons like tmorph or just appearance mods in general. We'd be aware of such a banwave due to the sheer number of individuals posting about being suspended and/or a website like mmo-champion, reddit, etc, would likely post about it like they do with bot and exploit banwaves. Plus the websites/forums hosting the mods themselves, the users there would definitely discuss being suspended/banned, but this has yet to happen in the many years these addons/mod sites have existed.