To the WoW Community -

General Discussion
Prev 1 54 55 56 560 Next
04/26/2016 07:10 AMPosted by Baldwyn
04/26/2016 07:07 AMPosted by Wården

No, you're assuming you know their business practices, and that they would be turning a PROFIT on Legacy servers. There would be an initial COST of Legacy servers and it will take them time to recoup that cost, it will also have a cost to continue running and bug-fix/patch. You're over-estimating any profit from Legacy, and then you're assuming they would reinvest into Live-WoW with that an not into more Legacy content.

If the move forward with this we can officially assume they think WoW is dead and quit.

Using Nostalrius as a guide, 800k accounts were made, lets just say, even 500k accounts with say 150-200k actual playerbase. 500k x $15 per month = $7.5 million per month. I don't think a server blade, and say half a dozen people administering that server blade is gonna cost more than $380k per annum, and the turnover from the server will be $90 million per annum. I'm sure Blizzie can cope with costs.

You're confusing a free service with a paid service. F2P Games have HUGE player/download counts because they are FREE.
If 'Pristine' means current class mechanics, specs, spells, perks or anything that isn't true vanilla, that's not pristine. It's a dirty as hell.

I want to play in a landscape that doesn't look like George Lucas crapped on his original creation 10 years later.
04/26/2016 07:06 AMPosted by Torghen

All I care about is that the game improves and recaptures the essence it once had for many players that feel disaffected by the current state of gameplay. I'd rather see a long-term solution for the greatest number of players than a very appealing short-term solution that might only satisfy some players.

While I agree with your general point here, "pristine servers" - no character boosts, LFD/LFR, etc. - would be the bare minimum that is absolutely necessary for the game to improve and recapture the essence it once had.

On one hand, pristine servers by themselves won't really solve anything; but it would definitely be a step in the right direction, and it will show there is some hope for the game after all.
The good news is, the community can now talk about legacy servers without malice or contempt.

I personally would like a Legacy server. It was the best part of this game, and having it gone forever is a shame. I know at least 6 of my friends who would return given the chance to play the original again. To be honest, they probably would have played the Nostalrius server had they known about it.

This game needs to allow the players to step into any part of it and play it as it was. There is so many memories and events missing from today's game that will not be added again it seems, and it is sad to see them gone.

This is just my opinion, but given that a small group of volunteers could make this happen, then a juggernaut of a company like Blizzard can too. I hope you'll reconsider.

A life long Warcraft fan,

Mohawk
Pristine Ladders maybe?

Have new content unlock every month up until Naxx, then after it's out for a few months dump everyone's characters onto a default Pristine realm that has all the content avail, and restart the ladder server with content restricted (but slowly unlocked again).
04/26/2016 07:15 AMPosted by Jorinn
YES THANKYOU BLIZZARD FOR LISTENING. I'd love to play these type of servers and gain more of a hardcore experience of the game! Even for the people who won't play them, it's nice to hear back from the company about something like this!

This is hardly "listening".

Hey I know you guys are all after A but why not have B instead? It's sort of kind of similar to A but it would mean no effort on our part whatsoever.
04/26/2016 06:58 AMPosted by Adyarin
04/26/2016 06:56 AMPosted by Heeyah

It should be obvious, you both are.

You should tell Baldwyn that.

He wasn't the one who asked who was right. And I don't feel like getting in a pissing match with two people who are both right but thinks the other is wrong, so I stated the obvious.
04/26/2016 07:10 AMPosted by Baldwyn
Using Nostalrius as a guide, 800k accounts were made, lets just say, even 500k accounts with say 150-200k actual playerbase. 500k x $15 per month = $7.5 million per month. I don't think a server blade, and say half a dozen people administering that server blade is gonna cost more than $380k per annum, and the turnover from the server will be $90 million per annum. I'm sure Blizzie can cope with costs.

Granted all of this is speculation, but they could probably charge more than $15/month and still get a healthy population.

EverQuest is free-to-play, but to play on their official classic servers, you have to pay $15/month. That's $15 more than the main game.
Wow this thread made me use my token before children's week

I am not liking the idea of a Pristine realm

Either you give a full blown legacy server or don't bother wasting your assets

Plz plz don't try to please everyone, you simply can't
200k ppl its nothing... you are Irrelevant :V that's the true ... but you think you can change something , the only do is forced Blizzard BAN ppl and change the rules of conduct :V "you WIN" and the same time you "LOSE"
04/26/2016 07:14 AMPosted by Machineman
No, players think they want it. They want to see it. Then they'll just move on in a couple weeks, just like a beta test.

230k is of zero significance from a business standpoint.

The 150k players who logged on every single day say otherwise.

Onto the topic at hand, it's great to see blizzard is finally changing, if even a little bit, their opinion on the matter. I'm tired of seeing the wall of no everytime someone brings up legacy servers, and would absolutely love to see the old game return

It's just like coke vs new coke.
04/26/2016 07:21 AMPosted by Heeyah
04/26/2016 06:58 AMPosted by Adyarin

You should tell Baldwyn that.

He wasn't the one who asked who was right. And I don't feel like getting in a pissing match with two people who are both right but thinks the other is wrong, so I stated the obvious.

I mean, he is stating that anybody who doesn't share his opinion is wrong because he started playing wow 10 years ago.

I don't act like that, atleast I hope I don't.
04/26/2016 07:21 AMPosted by Mohawk
The good news is, the community can now talk about legacy servers without malice or contempt.
A little late to the game.

It began with accusing blizzard of lying, others wanting to be internet heroes & here is page 55.
04/26/2016 07:19 AMPosted by Darkanna
I have been playing for several years now and I love the idea of a pristine server. Hopefully it would bring back the excitement and joy that I enjoyed in wow in those fabulous times

It wont, it's not what the nostalrius petition players want. It will be a watered down version of the current game, which we don't enjoy. And the community on retail WoD WoW is exceedingly toxic, it's not the same sorry.
04/26/2016 07:14 AMPosted by Machineman
No, players think they want it. They want to see it. Then they'll just move on in a couple weeks, just like a beta test.

230k is of zero significance from a business standpoint.

The 150k players who logged on every single day say otherwise. .

How many of them would log in if it was $15/mo vs no cost?

There are two separate parts to the Nost issue: Those who actually enjoy classic vanilla WoW and will gladly pay for it, and those who wanted a WoW fix but didn't want to pay.
Why not offer a licensing deal to them for a cost. Now I'm no legal wiz but I would think this would allow them to still run what the fans want. It would allow you to protect your IP, as well as open up a new income stream from this IP. Granted, it would put more pressure on them to raise money to pay for the licensing fee. But it would come with the bonus of being protected from legal action as long as they followed the licensing agreement. Just a thought.
04/26/2016 04:17 AMPosted by Reinir
-The same garbage class balance and horrible PvP we've been doing for the last year.

"garbage class balance"

>wants vanilla

yeah going back to a time where all paladins were forced to play holy (for example) was really so much better than now xD
I'd reroll in a heartbeat for a pristine server

The 150k players who logged on every single day say otherwise. .

How many of them would log in if it was $15/mo vs no cost?

Many would, and many more who don't play private servers because of what they are. We want Blizzard to do this.
04/26/2016 07:02 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
Which took them 4 years to complete based on an emulator core that had 5 years of work go into it.
At what point does this become spam?