How is it....

General Discussion
I have played this game for 10 years almost. And streamed it, loved and played all the other blizzard games starting with Warcraft 1. And still no beta. Yes i know i will get flamed for this. But come on blizzard, i am still subscribed for WoW. I think i deserve a beta for all the loyal years I have given you.

And here comes the flames.

Just had to vent, I know they wont read this or do anything about it. But hey made me feel better.
The Beta isn't about having fun. It's about testing the current build of the beta.

The fact that you want to have fun in the Beta proves that you're not qualified for it.
If you want to vent then vent at Lady Luck and RNG since selection is random.
05/12/2016 03:12 PMPosted by Deodess
The Beta isn't about having fun. It's about testing the current build of the beta.

The fact that you want to have fun in the Beta proves that you're not qualified for it.

This.

This access is for people who will actively test the game and improve it. Fun isn't its purpose. I have gotten beta access in other games and outright ignore them. Why play just to have any progress reset a couple of months later? Filling out bug reports? Yay to an immersion killer. I will wait til its polished.

I'm mean I have fun breaking things in silly ways.
Beta has not and will never be a demo. It's for testing. Get over it.
People will down vote you to all hell. But you're not alone. I've played since vanilla, and I haven't received a beta invite either. Do I feel like I deserve beta more than someone who has played WoW for a year or someone that has had their account inactive since Cataclysm? Yes, I do and I'm bitter I haven't been invited.

People will disagree with me, flame me, tell me "random is random", and that "beta is about finding bugs and testing."

Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before. Whatever.

Nothing you say will change how I feel about the way they handle their beta invite process.
Many people have stated this exact same thing. You are NOT alone in that situation. The problem with these arguments is that, unless you're popular on social sites or in one of the world's top guilds, invitations are handed out randomly. It isn't based on how many games you've played, how long you've played them, or anything else. They are passed out randomly into the pool of players opted into Beta Testing. If you haven't opted in or aren't sure if you are you can opt in here: https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html
I was hoping 13/13M would get me access like how it worked for people who killed garrosh for WOD beta. oh wells maybe someday
05/12/2016 03:37 PMPosted by Fishy
I was hoping 13/13M would get me access like how it worked for people who killed garrosh for WOD beta. oh wells maybe someday

The 13/13M invite wave for Alpha was in December. So if you killed Arch for the first time in 2016 you wouldn't have been eligible for that.

According to Gabbie even her guild which killed M:Arch back in September not every single person was invited. So even having 13/13M the invites are still random.
Really would be nice if Blizz could track these whine threads and remove these wastrels from the opt-in list.
Betas aren't that great.

I was in Cata beta, I reported as much as I could see and it still came out as crud that took 3 months to fix.

Not true at all, beta is just as much to test as it is to give players early access and hook them. See inactive players, streamers, and press.
Because playing blizzard's games doesn't make you entitled to an invite. Get over it.
05/12/2016 03:09 PMPosted by Oakhide
I have played this game for 10 years almost. And streamed it, loved and played all the other blizzard games starting with Warcraft 1. And still no beta. Yes i know i will get flamed for this. But come on blizzard, i am still subscribed for WoW. I think i deserve a beta for all the loyal years I have given you.

Just had to vent, I know they wont read this or do anything about it. But hey made me feel better.

Was it everything you hoped it would be?
I've been playing since vanilla, with very few and small gaps in my account active time. I've probably spent close to $1500 on this game over more than a decade.

I've gotten into precisely zero betas (yes, I'm opted in) for WoW, with the sole exception of I think it was MoP? The one where if you agreed to pay for a year of WoW and you got into the beta and got D3 when it released (might have been cata, frankly I can't remember, I just know it was the ONLY beta for WoW I've ever gotten into.. and I had to pseudo pay for it)

Does it suck? Very much, especially when I have friends who have gotten into every single beta thats happened since they started playing. And despite dwindling subscribers, and already having preordered legion, once again, here I sit, knowing full well I'll never get into the beta.

But, it is what it is. I'll play it when it goes live if I dont get to play it before hand. And of course I know the first day itll be unplayable due to server issues. Such is life. You live, you learn, you go insane. Go watch some videos about legion if you want to know what its like before it comes out.
Holy guacamole. The entitlement of this OP (and others in GD) is astounding.

Beta testing has nothing whatsoever to do with YOU or what you think you DESERVE. It's about testing the coding. No one, especially the developers, gives a rat's tight end how long you've been playing. That's got nothing to do with what they need from beta testing.
05/12/2016 03:09 PMPosted by Oakhide

I've played longer than you (almost 12 years, phase 2 Classic beta) and I could care less. This is a you problem.
I've been playing longer than you and i didnt get it, you don't see me here complaining because my name didnt get plucked out of a hat >.< random is random cupcake.
Yes because playing the beta is a serious job that has no enjoyment what so ever truly a horrible thing to happen.