Legion Flying - Here we go again...

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 196 Next
Going by the looks of the achievement if you planned on just staying unsubbed until whenever the flying patch is you're going to be stuck on the ground for months catching up >.<

I like pathfinder but ffs does it need to be some huge multi-part thing dragged over multiple patches all so you can justify flying being held off for as long as possible?

Do you seriously want to do this every expansion ? I don't, I am sick of this nonsense already.

Honestly no, im really tired of there being an ongoing struggle between what the player base wants and how the devs want things to be in their own "vision".
04/27/2016 08:27 PMPosted by Lorsaire
Just give us some info. Give us an estimate on when we'll actually get to fly again, assuming we do the required achievement elements.

Let me try to clear things up a bit, since I realize a single achievement out of context isn't exactly informative.

Overall, this is consistent with the plans we announced last year when we added the original Draenor Pathfinder achievement in 6.2.2, and hopefully does not come as a surprise. The underlying philosophy here is: explore and master the outdoor world on the ground, in order to unlock the ability to soar above it freely. This time around, since we have our design in place from the start of the expansion, we want to give players as much advance notice as possible, and allow everyone who cares deeply about unlocking flight to understand the requirements and begin progressing towards them immediately.

I can't give a detailed estimate of exactly when the next step will unlock. We have a solid patch plan in the works, but we need to remain flexible to adapt to player needs once the expansion launches, and there's no way to even hint at a date without it sounding like a promise. That said, I can say that Part One should represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight. Patch content will see players adventuring within new parts of the Broken Isles, and there will likely be one or two additional criteria associated with that content. At that point, players will unlock the ability to fly throughout the Broken Isles.

Finally, I've seen some concern about rep "grinding" associated with this achievement. All of the referenced reputations are earned by doing level-up quests and world quests associated with those factions throughout the Broken Isles. There are no mob-grinding components to any of these reputations. Frankly, the Legion Pathfinder achievement was much easier to design than Draenor Pathfinder was, simply because we have much more outdoor world content in Legion.
04/27/2016 11:04 PMPosted by Watcher
Finally, I've seen some concern about rep "grinding" associated with this achievement. All of the referenced reputations are earned by doing world quests associated with those factions throughout the Broken Isles. There are no mob-grinding components to any of these reputations. Frankly, the Legion Pathfinder achievement was much easier to design than Draenor Pathfinder was, simply because we have much more outdoor world content in Legion.

Yay :)
Watcher, lets get something CLEAR to the DEVS!

The PART ONE has the LEGION equivalent of EVERYTHING in Draenor Pathfinder. Which means that the Legion Pathfinder is going to take LONGER than the Draenor Pathfinder took.
Why is it so hard to just say yes it will be 7.1 or yes it will be 7.2, all it sounds like is that you want to keep the door open in case you decide to drag it out until the last patch or even take another shot at outright removal, surely you can understand why we have trust issues on the subject?

I would understand if you guys actually gained something from how you treated the flying situation in WoD but it was nothing but a PR nightmare and a huge hit to your trust/goodwill. Ground restriction didn't make us stay subbed longer or savor what little content there was, we quit in droves and earlier than ever before.

Thanks for finally posting something though i guess, even though no information was actually given >.<
Boohoohoo we have to earn our flying... what is wrong with that? Besides I could not care if we had flying or not I don't mind exploring the zones from the ground and not the sky
and there's no way to even hint at a date without it sounding like a promise.
It makes me sad that we've made you guys feel that way.

Thanks for the info you've given though, maybe this'll cool down some of the panic people are riling up.
@ Megas, Take it easy, enjoy the journey, stop and take a look around, instead of puffing like a hamster on a wheel chasing a carrot you'll never catch.

-------------------------------

YOU sure are enjoying the Journey, huh?
Just give us some info. Give us an estimate on when we'll actually get to fly again, assuming we do the required achievement elements.

Let me try to clear things up a bit, since I realize a single achievement out of context isn't exactly informative.

Overall, this is consistent with the plans we announced last year when we added the original Draenor Pathfinder achievement in 6.2.2, and hopefully does not come as a surprise. The underlying philosophy here is: explore and master the outdoor world on the ground, in order to unlock the ability to soar above it freely. This time around, since we have our design in place from the start of the expansion, we want to give players as much advance notice as possible, and allow everyone who cares deeply about unlocking flight to understand the requirements and begin progressing towards them immediately.

I can't give a detailed estimate of exactly when the next step will unlock. We have a solid patch plan in the works, but we need to remain flexible to adapt to player needs once the expansion launches, and there's no way to even hint at a date without it sounding like a promise. That said, I can say that Part One should represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight. Patch content will see players adventuring within new parts of the Broken Isles, and there will likely be one or two additional criteria associated with that content. At that point, players will unlock the ability to fly throughout the Broken Isles.

Finally, I've seen some concern about rep "grinding" associated with this achievement. All of the referenced reputations are earned by doing level-up quests and world quests associated with those factions throughout the Broken Isles. There are no mob-grinding components to any of these reputations. Frankly, the Legion Pathfinder achievement was much easier to design than Draenor Pathfinder was, simply because we have much more outdoor world content in Legion.

Since you gave a fairly straightforward answer, then I will consider buying Legion. I wasn't sure until this point, and I will trust that you are going to keep your word. If it drags on like it did before, I won't be sticking around til final patch.

I get that you don't know when Legion Pathfinder Part 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) would be released. Is it safe to assume at least it'll be earlier than the final content patch, at some indeterminate midpoint?

I ask because while I don't like it not being available at launch after Pathfinder completion, I can live with it. I don't however want to wait until the expansion is mostly over before I can do it. I want content to at least be mildly relevant outside of a single zone.
04/27/2016 11:15 PMPosted by Cathbadh

I get that you don't know when Legion Pathfinder Part 2 (Electric Boogaloo?) would be released. Is it safe to assume at least it'll be earlier than the final content patch, at some indeterminate midpoint?

I ask because while I don't like it not being available at launch after Pathfinder completion, I can live with it. I don't however want to wait until the expansion is mostly over before I can do it. I want content to at least be mildly relevant outside of a single zone.
This is the big thing I want to know.

Also, it's Legion Pathfinder: Part 2: Felectric Boogaloo.
Why is it so hard to just say yes it will be 7.1 or yes it will be 7.2, all it sounds like is that you want to keep the door open in case you decide to drag it out until the last patch or even take another shot at outright removal, surely you can understand why we have trust issues on the subject?

I would understand if you guys actually gained something from how you treated the flying situation in WoD but it was nothing but a PR nightmare and a huge hit to your trust/goodwill. Ground restriction didn't make us stay subbed longer or savor what little content there was, we quit in droves and earlier than ever before.

Thanks for finally posting something though i guess, even though no information was actually given >.<

its pretty obvious to me they will unlock flying in the last patch
You didn't answer the central question: why did you decide to not let people earn flying from the beginning of the expansion, instead of making everyone wait until some unknown future patch to make it available? This was a deliberate decision and I want to know why.
04/27/2016 11:15 PMPosted by Cathbadh

That's all i want to know too, if they just came out and said yup 100% 7.1 or 7.2 i'd pre-order right now, just not interested in flying being handed over when more than half of the subscribers have already quit because we're in the final patch of the expansion.
Let me try to clear things up a bit, since I realize a single achievement out of context isn't exactly informative.Overall, this is consistent with the plans we announced last year when we added the original Draenor Pathfinder achievement in 6.2.2, and hopefully does not come as a surprise. The underlying philosophy here is: explore and master the outdoor world on the ground, in order to unlock the ability to soar above it freely. This time around, since we have our design in place from the start of the expansion, we want to give players as much advance notice as possible, and allow everyone who cares deeply about unlocking flight to understand the requirements and begin progressing towards them immediately.I can't give a detailed estimate of exactly when the next step will unlock. We have a solid patch plan in the works, but we need to remain flexible to adapt to player needs once the expansion launches, and there's no way to even hint at a date without it sounding like a promise. That said, I can say that Part One should represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight. Patch content will see players adventuring within new parts of the Broken Isles, and there will likely be one or two additional criteria associated with that content. At that point, players will unlock the ability to fly throughout the Broken Isles.Finally, I've seen some concern about rep "grinding" associated with this achievement. All of the referenced reputations are earned by doing level-up quests and world quests associated with those factions throughout the Broken Isles. There are no mob-grinding components to any of these reputations. Frankly, the Legion Pathfinder achievement was much easier to design than Draenor Pathfinder was, simply because we have much more outdoor world content in Legion

I can live with that answer

This is an honest question, What is suppose to have happened to us to make us forget how to fly?

What, other than making the content take longer is the reason for the no fly in the beginning?

If you are going to take an ability away from us just to "reward" us with it later, give us a reason, a half decent story reason for it.

It is immersion breaking to go "Well, 10 feet that way I was able to ly, but got here and totally forgo how."

Personally I will never think using an ability, that is intrinsic to items we buy with real cash, and using them as a carrot to get us to do things "The right way" once is a good idea. But, if you are going to do that, give us a good reason, something that has story, and let us work on that story to unlock flight again.
04/27/2016 11:08 PMPosted by Verdre
Watcher, lets get something CLEAR to the DEVS!

The PART ONE has the LEGION equivalent of EVERYTHING in Draenor Pathfinder. Which means that the Legion Pathfinder is going to take LONGER than the Draenor Pathfinder took.

yes but we dont know what the other parts will entail. for all we know only part 1 has annoying rep grind stuff, while the other parts will be as easy as a simple quest.
04/27/2016 11:10 PMPosted by Virus
Why is it so hard to just say yes it will be 7.1 or yes it will be 7.2,

Check this place out. Read some threads. Perhaps you'll understand why they don't commit to dates or patches after.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/
04/27/2016 11:25 PMPosted by Cyberg
04/27/2016 11:10 PMPosted by Virus
Why is it so hard to just say yes it will be 7.1 or yes it will be 7.2,

Check this place out. Read some threads. Perhaps you'll understand why they don't commit to dates or patches after.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/
I see what you did there.