Spider mount should crawl on walls and...

General Discussion
A 500% mount speed is a bit much. I could see some limited wall crawling, though, or a jump boost like someone else suggested. Since spiders are always putting down silk, maybe the mount could come with slowfall built in?
It is 2 million gold. Not 2 billion gold. It will be fine as a mount and if you can't afford it or think your gold is too valuable to toss at the spider don't buy it. It isn't going to get any special features that make it the best mount in the game that gives rich players a clear advantage over poor players.
hey now what spider?

yikes, 2 million gold? i cant even scratch together 500K
05/14/2016 01:13 PMPosted by Luthen
It should do something special.

Not that, though.

It will already have a chance to put a buff on players within 50 yards of it that says "Has to change pants"
05/14/2016 01:42 PMPosted by Verbatim
It is 2 million gold. Not 2 billion gold. It will be fine as a mount and if you can't afford it or think your gold is too valuable to toss at the spider don't buy it. It isn't going to get any special features that make it the best mount in the game that gives rich players a clear advantage over poor players.

For the most part I agree with you - it shouldn't give a massive advantage to folks. However, there is precedence in the game for some mounts to have additional abilities regardless of their price - water striders walk on water, some turtles swim faster, etc. There's no harm in spitballing some ideas that would make a spiffy mount even spiffier, even if they're never implemented.
If it could make webs and ensnare flying players, that would be one hell of a mount I'd pay 2 million gold for.
05/14/2016 12:33 PMPosted by Soulslayer
Run at like 500% movement speed.

/silly
Needs more 0's, lets add 4 more so it and its price tag are twinsies!
/sillyend
If it's that spider mount that costs 2 million gold it should do the following for that price:

* Shoot webs
* Swing from building/tree to building/tree
* Play the 1960's Spiderman cartoon theme music while mounted
We should be able to kill its uncle.
05/14/2016 01:51 PMPosted by Gianavel
05/14/2016 01:42 PMPosted by Verbatim

For the most part I agree with you - it shouldn't give a massive advantage to folks. However, there is precedence in the game for some mounts to have additional abilities regardless of their price - water striders walk on water, some turtles swim faster, etc. There's no harm in spitballing some ideas that would make a spiffy mount even spiffier, even if they're never implemented.

I like some people's ideas that are cosmetic but run speed, climbing walls, slow fall, and things like that are too much of an advantage. I believe the grand black mammoth used to count as a vehicle and didn't take fall damage and they had to change it because that was too powerful. I believe it can still pick up players who are in combat (even pvp combat) and is still the best ground mount in the game.
heck at the price they are asking for the spider it literally should do everything lol.
Well, as long as we're tossing out ideas that would make that thing even crazier, how about giving it an ability to cocoon bunch of other players with webbing spray. It would wear off them if they moved or jumped or something; it would strictly be something cosmetic that could happen to people if they were idling in a city.
a) Wall crawl would be interesting (as long as it's disabled in instanced content)
b) A grapple (spider web) that lowers or raises you as desired.
05/14/2016 01:31 PMPosted by Kuthas
For 2mil gold the mount had better collect my loot, hunt down new mounts for me to get, dps, heal, tank and grab me a beer when I'm thirsty.

Otherwise it's way to much gold.

This.. and it better be able to mend my armor, make sammiches, clean the barracks and toity.. I mean if you put a real world value to this thing at current token rates it is around a thousand bucks.
hm, what if it had an interact/idle like minipets do and would web critters? XD

man, i want to have a spider mount but my level of cheapness wont let me pay THAT. no way. >_<
So basically, Spider Man?
05/14/2016 01:17 PMPosted by Hexo
When you kill it, it should spawn thousands of littler spiders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rorJCGF1aM
Run at like 500% movement speed. Thoughts?

It should fire webs from its back-side. Webs that you can use to snare your opponents.

Before you run at them at 500% movement speed along the wall.
I don't think any mount should be "better" than any other mount
Run at like 500% movement speed. Thoughts?

I'd rather it leave a trail of webs on the ground behind it that slows non-spider mounts by 25%.

edit: d'oh! I didn't read page 2 where someone already suggested this.