Why aren't Demon Hunters faction neutral?

General Discussion
04/25/2016 08:36 PMPosted by Kawaiidk
I can't wait to make my DH!!!

I'm going to give her the cute little horns and pig tails!

I think I will name her fluffybunny or something like that!

She will be so kawaii!

....Stop giving Adelphie ammo.

I see no reason why a Nelf DH can't be horde.

Well, there was that whole Cenarius incident where the orcs killed their demigod.
Obviously there needs to be more Troll demon hunters.

I mean, both elves mutated from Trolls, so why not?
Diff between the dk and DH is this. The Demon Hunters in lore believed that they would hunt demons and only elves possessed that ability. Night elves were the original hunters and then blood elves were formed by the destruction of the sun well if I remember right and so blood elves also became demon hunters. All blood elves came from night elves originally in lore. Blood elves are corrupted by fel energy and so therefore have green eyes. They have an inate connection to demons because of this and make excellent Demon Hunters. Night elves get the job just because they we the original DH's back before the other races even existed.

As for why Death Knights getting all races except the pandas, the DKs first came into wow lore during WC2. They are the scourge incarnate so they can take the soul of ANY living being of great enough intellect. The first ever Death Knights were fallen paladins and then they stated recruiting the Death Knights from fallen warriors as well. But the strongest ever Death Kights were the true fallen paladins, hence why Arthas was the most powerful. You can catch the beginning of the Death Knight lore in WC2 and you can catch more of it in wc3 as well as some of the demon hunter lore in wc3 as well. Demon Hunters were made because of the damage that the Burring Legion was causing. Demons existed in wc 1 as well they were summoned by warlocks. Mages had water elementals The Demons from wc looked like an early version of the doom guards in WC3 and also in wow today. They made it as close as they could get it. You could count the pixels of a shooting catapult ball as it launched just to give you an example of the graphics then so a full doom guard model was impossible back then, also they did not have the full ore developed then, so Demons were just that. But as lore has stated, those were the Doom Guards of old and Fel Gauds came next Fel Guards are much weaker by a lore standpoint that Doom Guards. They wre released up the world and so the Demon Hunters were made. Illidan Stormrage was the first ever official Demon Hunter and he is also the most powerful Demon hunter.

According to a lore stand point, Night elves are actually much better demon hunters than Blood Elves. But as time progressed, they become similar in power and for World of Warcraft Purposes, they have to be evenly matched.

And as for an answer to the question, they are not neutral due to the lore. he Blood Elf and Night Elf Demon Hunters hate each other with a deep seeded passion. The rift arose when they both had total different ways to fight the demons. And according to lore.....I'm not a real elf.....I'm a fake. *cries
04/25/2016 10:48 PMPosted by Eormund
Why would a Night Elf demon hunter join the Horde? Or a Blood Elf join the Alliance?

Lorewise they wouldn't give a single crap about either faction so they wouldn't join either.
04/25/2016 11:37 PMPosted by Adelphie
Lorewise they wouldn't give a single crap about either faction so they wouldn't join either.

In fact, it would seem they would actually DESPISE either for being reviled and shunned by their bunny-kin.

....I really need to stop hanging out with you on the forums, Adelphie.
04/25/2016 11:32 PMPosted by Happymchappy

And as for an answer to the question, they are not neutral due to the lore. he Blood Elf and Night Elf Demon Hunters hate each other with a deep seeded passion. The rift arose when they both had total different ways to fight the demons. And according to lore.....I'm not a real elf.....I'm a fake. *cries

The Illidan novel refutes this entirely. Any and all initial resentment was a result of the old "Night Elves don't like the Highborne" and vice versa mainstays. That all vanishes when they make the transition into actually being demon hunters; when the initiation is so horrifying you wouldn't want on your worst enemy, you find it very easy to form some camaraderie with those who did live through it, no matter their race.
04/26/2016 12:04 AMPosted by Eormund
04/25/2016 11:32 PMPosted by Happymchappy

The Illidan novel refutes this entirely. Any and all initial resentment was a result of the old "Night Elves don't like the Highborne" and vice versa mainstays. That all vanishes when they make the transition into actually being demon hunters; when the initiation is so horrifying you wouldn't want on your worst enemy, you find it very easy to form some camaraderie with those who did live through it, no matter their race.

Besides the whole ritual blinding, isn't there also some amount of demon imbibement (Consuming flesh/drinking blood)?
The only thing that upsets me about demon hunters being faction specific is that Blood Elves are already the most popular race on the Horde by a decent margin.

Giving them exclusive rights to the new hero class is going to be painful.
04/26/2016 12:25 AMPosted by Larentius
The only thing that upsets me about demon hunters being faction specific is that Blood Elves are already the most popular race on the Horde by a decent margin.

To be fair though, what other race Horde side would really go for that?

Post-Thrall (And even sloppily handled writing Garrosh), Fel magics in most forms tend to be shunned and reviled amongst the orcs, and Tauren (as far as I'm aware, trolls are neutral to the subject), the only races really accepting it as a path to power being Undead and Blood elves (Though even then, with the purification of the Sunwell, most Blood Elves are tending to shy away from it now)
04/26/2016 12:28 AMPosted by Zurricane

To be fair though, what other race Horde side would really go for that?

Post-Thrall (And even sloppily handled writing Garrosh), Fel magics in most forms tend to be shunned and reviled amongst the orcs, and Tauren (as far as I'm aware, trolls are neutral to the subject), the only races really accepting it as a path to power being Undead and Blood elves (Though even then, with the purification of the Sunwell, most Blood Elves are tending to shy away from it now)

What I'm hearing is "Forsaken Demon Hunters would be pretty sweet."
04/26/2016 12:16 AMPosted by Zurricane

Besides the whole ritual blinding, isn't there also some amount of demon imbibement (Consuming flesh/drinking blood)?

Both of those. And the result nearly kills the prospective demon hunter.

You're forgetting that Illidan is a popular figure for all players. The Alliance are going to see plenty of Night Elf demon hunters gliding about.
You're forgetting that Illidan is a popular figure for all players. Night Elves are going to see plenty of Night Elf demon hunters gliding about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there also a fairly prominent blood elf demon hunter in one of the novels or something?
04/26/2016 12:37 AMPosted by Zurricane
You're forgetting that Illidan is a popular figure for all players. Night Elves are going to see plenty of Night Elf demon hunters gliding about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there also a fairly prominent blood elf demon hunter in one of the novels or something?

The only ones of any prominence are Leotheras (Who was a raid boss. Also completely insane) and Varedis, whom you killed in a quest waaaaaay back in Burning Crusade. He comes back as an enemy for Havoc demon hunters to fight. The blood elf demon hunters of note now are inventions for this xpac.
04/26/2016 12:37 AMPosted by Zurricane

The only ones of any prominence are Leotheras (Who was a raid boss. Also completely insane) and Varedis, whom you killed in a quest waaaaaay back in Burning Crusade. He comes back as an enemy for Havoc demon hunters to fight. The blood elf demon hunters of note now are inventions for this xpac.

I'm still extremely torn between Havoc and Vengeance. I'll have to research what's been gleaned of Havoc so far a bit more though. I've mostly paid attention the Vengeance
you guys forget that when they left with illiadin blood elfs were still allaince
04/25/2016 08:34 PMPosted by Raybeze
I'd like an explanation as to WHY this can't be done?

I don't wan't trollish responses, or the whole "Nelf can't be horde" crap.

I wan't a legitimate reason as to why these two races (in which from my understanding left their specific factions in the distant past) CAN'T make a choice as to which faction they'd like to join?

"I don't want the most legitimate reason... but I want legitimate reasons"

There's something ironic when the most trollish players are the ones demanding others don't troll.

Nelfs can be Horde, Belfs can't be Alliance- it's really that simple. They despise each other, nelfs are the ones who kicked belfs out of their homeland in what was effectively genocide- hoping all belfs would perish, you are simply not going to see nelfs walking around in Silvermoon freely, ever, that'd be like having German !@#$s parading around Israel.

Nelfs also won't be wanting blood elves in their homeland- considering belfs are the reminder of their worst hour, when they summoned a titan and almost destroyed the world, and since have been paired with the Horde which has been directly in war with them in their home forests ever since they met.

Not to mention, like Death Knights, Demon Hunters will have very little trust with either faction- but one from the opposing faction makes no sense from any lore angle, ever.

In an ideal world- yes, they'd be a neutral faction, as would pandas, monks, death knights, probably even worgen. But adding factions would be disastrous, this game isn't meant for that- so, we get two factions.
They were trained before their respective races joined their current factions.

My ancestors were Italian, and if something happened to the USA, and I had to move out, why would I go back to Italy by default?

I could go elsewhere.

Not all nigh elves, and blood elves are allied to their own race, as you encounter and fight them in the world sometimes.

There's nothing stopping the creators to create a "Pandaren" like story event, where they could pick a faction.

I honestly would rather have had it, but nor do I think its a big deal to not have it either.