Accounts being played by other players.. beta

General Discussion
umm..

I wont name any names or give any specifics because I dont want blizzard to investigate, but they do realize, giving keys to inactive accounts makes these accounts vulnerable to unnoticed account sharing? some people have been inactive for 6 months.. they log in from a dif state.. nbd because of the time frame difference..

i literally know multiple people who are playing other peoples accounts on the beta because these players have ZERO desire to play wow again...

and here i am.. literally have like a million level 100s play everything love leveling and all that.. and yet.. no beta invite..

yes im salty that my friends didnt give me the inactive beta accounts but like.. its still messed up lol.
How many accounts does it take to have "literally a million level 100s" ?
I have 3 beta invites - I plan to use 0 of them..

The best thing we can do is not play the beta
05/13/2016 07:03 AMPosted by Aurorah

Then uncheck the beta invite box.

You're taking the beta away from people who would actually use it.
My buddy has not logged onto any Blizz game for months. Hes had an closed beta invite for OW the entire time and has had a WoW beta invite every time.

Testing my !@#...
05/13/2016 06:52 AMPosted by Deptii
and here i am.. literally have like a million level 100s play everything love leveling and all that.. and yet.. no beta invite..

Talk about exaggerating.

In any case, there have been several posts about this over the past 48 hours so I will give you the down and dirty from some of the great MVP's on this forum (to answer any and all questions as to why invites happen the way they do):

05/12/2016 11:50 AMPosted by Mirasol
The ONLY requirement is to have a valid full game licence for a Blizzard game on your account. It is not meant to be a benefit for people who think they deserve it more than others. They need feedback from ALL kinds of players.

New players
Vet players
Inactive returning players
Hardcore players
Casual players
PvPers
PvEers
Transmog enthusiasts
Profession masters
Pet Battlers
etc.

ALL voices have equal value in a Beta and are needed. Giving just one small portion of the whole Blizzard community would actually result in skewed feedback ie, content only vets like vs content newer players like/want. So yes, inactive players have value. Does the game introduce new features they like? As things that might have made them leave improved? If not what would they suggest?

05/12/2016 12:01 PMPosted by Mirasol
05/12/2016 11:56 AMPosted by Velerion
Well it feels like they're trying to get people to resub, and that that takes priority over the people who already do. That feels like a lack of appreciation. Whether any of those feelings are right or wrong, they exist and you can't really blame a person for having them.

Invites for Beta have ALWAYS been like this, even when subs were at their peak. It has nothing to do with sub levels. Period. It never has. It has everything to do with FAIR selection that reaches the widest range of player types hence it is RANDOM. Yes, some will be inactive but they were not specifically targeted.

I know people are excited at the idea of getting in, but coming of as jealous or inventing some theory about why someone else got it but you did not won't help. It won't make you feel better and it won't get you an invite.

If you really want to participate without a Beta license keep up on the Beta feedback forums, participate in the side threads in General or class forums about hot topics. Participate in Beta discussions on fan sites or reddit. Because that is what Beta is for - testing and feedback.

05/12/2016 12:23 PMPosted by Mirasol
05/12/2016 12:08 PMPosted by Ragefang
Did you read it on a non-Blizzard site? Take it with a grain of salt.
Did the article(s) making the accusation(s) include screen shots not only of an official beta notification, but of the status of the account(s) in question? If not, take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, inactive accounts are eligible for an invite. They always have been. They use the Opt In List, not the active account list. So based on the random nature of the invites some will be currently inactive. Their input has value just like the input of everybody else.

So what if those players stay inactive and don't use their Beta access? QA and the Devs send out another invite wave to ensure enough active Beta participants.

05/12/2016 01:03 PMPosted by Mirasol
05/12/2016 12:58 PMPosted by Xoose
How did inactive accounts opt in (opt-in is pretty vague)?

Because they are eligible. They select from those who opted in, not just those currently with a sub. Even players without WoW who play other Blizzard games can opt in and get selected! They need a wide variety of feedback which includes new players, returning players, vet players, casuals, hardcore, PvE, PvP, etc.

Randomly selecting from opt ins get that broad swath of participants. If someone is inactive and decides not to play Beta, they will roll out more invites to ensure there are enough players. The spot does not go to waste.

Thread link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743696284?page=1

05/12/2016 08:00 PMPosted by Rainsinger
05/12/2016 07:17 PMPosted by Snusnuwohwoh
I have had 4 separate active wow games on this account since vanilla and have put in well over a few hundred bug reports / exploit / glitch reports. Sad that you get beta just for being a streamer even though I have never seen a streamer submit a bug report .

That's because even Blizzard has acknowledged that Betas are essentially marketing tactics. Once you stop associated it with "submitting bug reports" and stuff, it makes sense.

05/12/2016 07:22 PMPosted by Crepe
It's not about "fair."

The test environment has a number of purposes--including being a marketing vehicle.

Despite the insistence of some people here on the forums, the streamers make up a very small percentage of the people invited. Even less now that the game has moved to beta and many more people have been invited purely by random selection.

Thread link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743696335?page=2
literally have like a million level 100s

https://youtu.be/8Gv0H-vPoDc

This troll is trolling. I wouldn't believe him/her without some kind of proof. Just ignore.
oh this makes me wonder if OP is a troll....

[/quote]
I don't think you know what the word literally means.

Who cares if others are playing others accounts? That is on them and if they get caught then that is their problem.

The world would be so much better if people stopped worrying what other people do as it doesn't effect them them one bit. Them losing beta access doesn't mean you will get it.
well i have 15 lvl 100s i mean exaggerating but i didnt think it would be that big of a deal and would be easily seen as exaggeration?

the only point i was trying to make, is that, it seems very unfair when players are abusing/violating blizzards own ToS and someone comes here and tells me what it takes to be a beta account. Ive read the mirosal posts before. I think one needs to note i am not saying it is unfair inactive accounts or anyone is getting beta. im saying its unfair that people are account sharing *direct violation with ToS* to get beta access.. clearly blizzard had to know this was going to happen.

i said it in OP but im just SALTY more than anything.. i mean if the ToS werent being violated i wouldnt of made a post.
Who cares as long as they are doing their job (reporting bugs and giving feedback).
05/13/2016 07:19 AMPosted by Deptii
well i have 15 lvl 100s i mean exaggerating but i didnt think it would be that big of a deal and would be easily seen as exaggeration?

Using the phrase "literally like" is nails on a chalk board. Worse than saying "tookin" or "more worser."

Anyways, I'm done picking on you. Scout's honor.
"My friends gave their their beta invites to my other friends and not me, so I'm going to make a post trying to ruin their experience."

You are the worst kind of person.
shut your fake dumb !@# up
This guy is mad because he has no friends to share beta with lol. Stay in LFR and leveling and enjoy the solo experience that caters to you.
Why are you assuming only inactive accounts are subject to sharing?
05/13/2016 07:19 AMPosted by Deptii
i said it in OP but im just SALTY more than anything.. i mean if the ToS werent being violated i wouldnt of made a post.

Anyone who cares at all about their account knows better than to account share. They have added in a security system that locks accounts when they are logged in to from a strange location without an authenticator. It takes the secret question at a minimum to do the password change to get back in. Most people won't give that out and that system has reduced account sharing and thefts. For the times that account sharing does take place, they take action on it when they know about it. Several accounts in OW Closed beta were shut down for selling access to the account. If you know someone is account sharing feel free to report the account. If the logs prove it, they may shut it down.

Otherwise, don't stress about "unused" invites. QA looks at the numbers on the Beta and says "We need more players Jim!" Jim presses the button and another wave of invites goes out. It is not like the slots get wasted, they just get filled in a later wave.

Also, seeing that many of my quotes together is a bit...strange.

3? Yeah, okay buddy. Whatever you say.
05/13/2016 07:33 AMPosted by Mirasol
Also, seeing that many of my quotes together is a bit...strange.

You did a good job explaining it. I figured quoting your words is easier than me re-typing it out. ;)