I am sick and tired of world pvp. remove it.

General Discussion
05/16/2016 10:01 PMPosted by Irvington
9/10 people in this game disdain world pvp on a major scale.

9 out of 10 people would disagree with you on the stance of World PVP... and attacking lowbie towns is an old way of getting such started

Anyone care to remember the huge battles between Alliance and horde at Soutshore and Tauren Mill? I do. Horde would come into SS and hold the town til enough Allies came and chased them out often the battles continues between the two towns, then Allies would do the same at Tauren mill. It was the most fun I had in any MMO in a long long time and I was really sad the day that Blizz took this away by making the entire area of SS move to the Undead...

But true World PVP as it was known in TBC and Wrath has been absent from the game for some time.. Blizz has made some Half hearted attempts at revitalizing it but they have fallen flat Ashran is a flop.. I find doing Halaa more interesting and often more challenging.. go figure
What about people who are sick of the world in their PvP? Did you even think of them?
While leveling my mage I experienced world pvp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLWLxR-534
Really, all they need to do is buff guards in towns -- including and especially lowbie towns -- so that they're actually a threat to max level players. Why are we paying these people when they can't even defend their settlement against a single rogue?

If they wanted to actually encourage meaningful world PvP, they'd implement a dishonor/notoriety system like so many other games have since WoW released. Killing players or NPCs significantly lower level than you racks up Notoriety, eventually putting out a call to players of that faction to defend their lands, with higher Notoriety begetting greater rewards for bringing the scum to justice.

But of course, that won't happen. WoW PvP has been a joke afterthought for 12 years now, and will continue to be so as long as the servers remain up.
05/17/2016 02:55 AMPosted by Tinymasher
the game is called WARCRAFT. it's an MMORPG.
this means you're expected to play with other players while in the game.

if someone attacks a small town, call on some friends to help fend off the attackers.
why? because you're expected to step up and deal with these things yourself.

this is how it was designed.
this is how it's supposed to be played.

This generation doesn't want to play it that way. They've been taught that if they cry and throw a big enough tantrum someone will make the problem go away for them.

Really, all they need to do is buff guards in towns -- including and especially lowbie towns -- so that they're actually a threat to max level players. Why are we paying these people when they can't even defend their settlement against a single rogue?.
Because the powerful heroes (the players) are supposed to be the peacekeepers. Most "heroes" these days seem to be cowards who won't get off their mounts and help though.
05/16/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Profìen
Let's remove the whole War from the game and call it...World of Craft

And then we can bring in all the miners, and make World of Minecraft?

Incidentally I have no clue what the allure of Minecraft is, never really appealed to me, but I had to go there.
Being caught up in the middle of a fight when the other faction raids your town or city is one of the best ways to have spontaneous fun in WoW. I've known people to dump what they're doing and cross continents to be part of it.
I am sick and tired of world pvp. remove it.

"i am sick and tired of being bad at the thing, remove the thing."
In a previous thread someone suggested that every time someone kills an NPC they would be scaled to the level of the zone. So if someone flew past the guards and killed an NPC in the starting zone they would be scaled to lvl 5 and then all the questing players could gang up on them since they'd be flagged.

I think it's a good idea.
05/17/2016 06:40 AMPosted by Zaeralyn
Because the powerful heroes (the players) are supposed to be the peacekeepers. Most "heroes" these days seem to be cowards who won't get off their mounts and help though.

Why would they when they have no incentive to do so? They can go through the frustration and tedium of unbalanced small-scale PvP where cooldowns and gear mean far more than skill and receive.... absolutely nothing for their trouble.

The Alliance pays me well to kill dragons. They don't even toss a copper my way to deal with 420ganksmcsmokem. As a supposedly great and powerful hero, I have more important things to do with my time than run border patrol against bored rogues. That's what guards are for.
He's on a PVE server. I enjoy the world pvp, but you DON'T have to participate unless you want too.
In fairness, what's at issue in the OP is lowbies having their quest givers killed out from underneath them, with nothing they can realistically do about it. Sure, they don't have to flag and fight the enemy players, but they're still participating in the PvP by having their game temporarily broken until someone else shows up to work for free, or the enemy gets bored and leaves.

Again, the solution is either to make doing this sort of thing entail actual risk on the attacker's part, or to give defenders some sort of reason to bother showing up and dealing with this kind of petty nuisance. If they wanted unbalanced world PvP for its own sake, they wouldn't be on a PvE realm, so give them some incentive to engage.
OP, wtf are you doing on a pvp realm then... ah but alas lets bring qq to forums instead of removing thine self from pvp realm.
OP grow a set of balls and take it like man. you are probably the same one who works at mcdonalds and cries because you don't get paid $15 an hour to do something my kid can do or better yet a kiosk can do. I love it when people like you post on these forums you make such an easy target for trolls.
Shut up, you Vajayjay
If it's red, it's dead
05/16/2016 10:01 PMPosted by Irvington
It never ceases to amaze me how people are allowed to attack small towns and hubs in this game. There is no defense for it, it offers no gameplay mechanic, and 9/10 people in this game disdain world pvp on a major scale.
Uh... this is war, right? I mean, the game is World of WARcraft, yah? So, in real wars don't soldiers "attack small towns" and such?

Don't get me wrong, I don't do PvP. Tried it, don't like it, don't do it. But I'm not about to suggest that an entire feature be removed from the game because the people who are doing it are an inconvenience. Maybe Blizz can take some steps to limit how such activities disrupt gameplay... or, perhaps better, you can xfer to a non-PvP realm where that stuff doesn't happen nearly as much. There have to be better ways to deal with the "issue" than just yanking it.

/sigh
05/17/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Izell
Again, the solution is either to make doing this sort of thing entail actual risk on the attacker's part,

No, this is a terrible idea.

05/17/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Izell
or to give defenders some sort of reason to bother showing up and dealing with this kind of petty nuisance.

This is a great idea.
Why would you roll on a PvP realm, then cry because you have to pvp?
world pvp is great fun though and im not saying I attack quest givers etc but we will do raids on goldshire BECAUSE we know the alliance will out to play if we beat our chests for long enough and loud enough.