Can we get some Code of Conduct enforcement?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
05/17/2016 09:53 AMPosted by Backsabbath
05/17/2016 09:52 AMPosted by Scracket
I think you might want to read it again.

Why don't you quote it for us.

Because you already know where to find it.
I can remember a time when these forums were so vile that the Dev's and admin wouldn't even log into the site. GC could say something and there would be literally 20 pages of pure hate in less than 5min.

All things considered the forums are a pretty nice neighborhood this day in age. There are always a few obnoxious ones though.
05/17/2016 09:48 AMPosted by Scracket
While I personally don't think it should be a violation, posting this thread was a violation of the code of conduct as clearly provided by Blizzard.

From what I've seen there's only one place where talking about the CoC is against the rules. That is the customer support forum oddly enough. They handle questions more seriously over there and don't want the topics derailed for ANY reason. And that includes discussing the derailment of the topic.

Here the only thing against the rules is discussing actions taken against someone who broke the rules. However, discussing actions themselves is fine as long as you don't provide context. It's a twisted logic, but it gets the job done.
05/17/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Scracket

Though so. You may want to try harder next time.
05/17/2016 10:02 AMPosted by Backsabbath
05/17/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Scracket

Try what harder next time? You clearly quoted from it already. Or are you labeling me a troll because I wouldn't give you exactly what you wanted?
05/17/2016 10:07 AMPosted by Scracket
You clearly quoted from it already. Or are you labeling me a troll because I wouldn't give you exactly what you wanted?

Post about battle.net code of conduct and forum guideline violation must stop? Check.
Post within boundaries as quoted directly from Forum Guidelines "Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment are subject to deletion."? Check.

So I say again, try harder.
05/17/2016 07:52 AMPosted by Backsabbath
I'm talking about those posting obvious trolls that are in clear violation of the Code of Conduct and Forum Guidelines as clearly provided by Blizzard who are fishing for negative response from the forum community

So you're not trying to get a rise out of me by repeatedly telling me to "try harder" when I disagree with you, even after I asked you to stop? That is actually trolling.
05/17/2016 10:24 AMPosted by Scracket
So you're not trying to get a rise out of me by repeatedly telling me to "try harder" when I disagree with you, even after I asked you to stop? That is actually trolling.

(the expected result has already occurred)
Isn't there like a draconian HMO meeting you need to be at or something?
People need to chill their little butts about perceived 'trolling'. The attempts are generally harmless, and some of them actually lend a bit of amusement to a place that is too often dominated by debbie downers and woe-is-me complaining.
Posting a thread about forum moderators is against the rules.
Posting a thread about forum rules is against the rules.
The forum is supposed to be about WoW and WoW only, yet try and complain about a thread and you get banned.

The forums have always been and will always be a cesspool for nepotism.
05/17/2016 10:36 AMPosted by Gharku

lol
The forum is supposed to be about WoW and WoW only, yet try and complain about a thread and you get banned.

According to OP you need to try harder. I don't know what you need to try though.
05/17/2016 10:40 AMPosted by Scracket

According to OP you need to try harder. I don't know what you need to try though.

*licks*

Yep, salty.

*spits*
05/17/2016 10:07 AMPosted by Scracket
05/17/2016 10:02 AMPosted by Backsabbath

Try what harder next time? You clearly quoted from it already. Or are you labeling me a troll because I wouldn't give you exactly what you wanted?

One common troll behavior is to post short comments disagreeing with someone without providing any real argument or evidence or anything. It is akin to the toddler who just says "No" all the time. For example, someone posts a lengthy explanation of why Nixon was the best President ever, and the troll just says "No he wasn't" and doesn't refute any evidence with counter-evidence. The troll keeps doing this over and over in hopes of enraging his target.

Once you recognize the method, o0f course, the troll loses all power to make you angry. Yopu see it for what it is and dismiss the troll as someone who really is just lazily poking at strangers on the internet.

I am not saying that you are such a troll, as I am just skimming this topic and have no history with you, but your comment in this case makes you look like one.
05/17/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Spinster
One common troll behavior is to post short comments disagreeing with someone without providing any real argument or evidence or anything. It is akin to the toddler who just says "No" all the time. For example, someone posts a lengthy explanation of why Nixon was the best President ever, and the troll just says "No he wasn't" and doesn't refute any evidence with counter-evidence. The troll keeps doing this over and over in hopes of enraging his target.

Once you recognize the method, o0f course, the troll loses all power to make you angry. Yopu see it for what it is and dismiss the troll as someone who really is just lazily poking at strangers on the internet.

What you're describing is an ignorant and/or stupid individual. There are a great many of those types running around here. Why do people feel the need to attribute trollish motivations and 'methods' to what in most cases are simply stupid people doing their thing?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I am not saying that you are such a troll, as I am just skimming this topic and have no history with you, but your comment in this case makes you look like one.

People don't all communicate in the same way. Sometimes there isn't a lot to actually say. Using short comments and arguments is also the quickest way in leading someone else to understand your point of view, because there is less information to process that way.

This just goes back to my first post, where I explained that because you don't like a person or their ideas, or even how they present their arguments (granted I'm adding that now), does not make them a troll. It makes them different.

Edit: There is even evidence that making your point and being silent afterward causes people to think about what you're saying and often come to the conclusion that they agree with you. Sure, that's part of in-person interactions, but it translates.

Edit: I wish the vote system didn't exist, I'd actually like to hear why people disagree with what I'm saying.
All moderators can do is focus on serious offenders. If they punished every person whose violated ToS on the forum, the forum would be nearly empty.

Don't sweat the small stuff, as most ToS violations on the forum are inconsequential.