Why is PvP so unpopular?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
05/17/2016 09:04 AMPosted by Zishu
PVE only players don't like direct competition, they just want to make excuses when they lose "oh there's too much CC", "Oh this other class is OP", "Oh PVP is epeen flashing and full of !@#$%^-s".

The reason you lose and blame your partners is you're bad. You are that Bronze level player that gets destroyed in league and everything's your partners fault. I watch my friends who raid and think they are hot *!@# step into PVP and get destroyed its glorious listening to their tears.

When they ask me for advice I give them all the best answers they could ever need to get atleast to 2000 rating and you know what they do, they dismiss everything. Maybe if I called myself FATBOSS PVP and breathed into a mic at them they would get the mechanics of PVP downpat. Since its not even that different to PVE in alot of ways.

On another side-note I love watching my PVE bunny friends BG, especially when they start to lose "/AFK $%^- This My Whole teams full of Bots". Meanwhile my friends team are spamming the BG chat asking why he left the node unguarded.

Raiding is for the WOW players with no talent or Will to be better then the next guy by actually beating HIM and not a computer simulated enemy. If you don't like pvp don't bother posting about balance as your issue because the problem is you if thats why you don't like it.

Of course they dismiss everything you say. That's because they don't want to be like you.
05/17/2016 09:03 AMPosted by Mokktarr
Remove all stuns, and other cc completely and I would give it go.

This. I've never made it to rated brackets because I hate not being able to do anything when stunlocked. That's not skillful play, it's preventing another player from defending themselves.
Here's my respon...

*you can't do that while you are stunned*

Pop Trinket

As I was sayi....

*you can't do that while stunned*

SOMEONE KILLED THE ROGUE

Now, I'll try one mo...

*feared*
*feared*
05/17/2016 09:20 AMPosted by Heädhunter
05/17/2016 09:17 AMPosted by Aehl
So is player choice. I choose to do what I like, and not to do what I dont like.Problem?

There is deff a problem if you are asking for players to have access to never being flagged.

Warcraft isn't for you.

PvE servers exist for this exact reason.
05/17/2016 09:25 AMPosted by Graciesue
Here's my respon...

*you can't do that while you are stunned*

Pop Trinket

As I was sayi....

SOMEONE KILLED THE ROGUE

Now, I'll try one mo...

*feared*
*feared*

because you're playing the game wrong. Standing out in the open, using your trinket at the wrong time. Of course you're going to think PVP is just a stunfest.
05/17/2016 09:04 AMPosted by Zishu

Raiding is for the WOW players with no talent or Will to be better then the next guy by actually beating HIM and not a computer simulated enemy. If you don't like pvp don't bother posting about balance as your issue because the problem is you if thats why you don't like it.

Says the player who has never touched mythic content.
I enjoy PVP now. What I would like to see is if some things could be done to make it so that when you are losing, you are not losing quite so badly. PVP feels great when you win, and terrible when you lose. Something that can bridge that gap a bit would be nice.

And I don't mean mechanics like Ashran. The "hidden buff" system for the losing team is completely demoralizing. You can do everything right, and still lose every fight because your team was winning 30 minutes ago before you even got in the BG. It sucks.

I would also like to see more done to give Tanks some role in PVP, besides "weak DPS". As other games have done, give taunt some function in PVP, and balance tanks and healers.
Letting people swap classes and specs easier would help a lot I think.
05/17/2016 09:26 AMPosted by Macávity

So what is he crying about?
better balance and less cheats: neither of which blizz can or will do anything about on a permanent basis.
Too many classes/specs and too many factors involved in balancing.
Example: what to balance it around, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, or larger team play(battleground).
As for the cheats: they have been around forever yet blizz still wont permaban people that get caught cheating in WoW even though they just released an article a couple days ago saying that people caught cheating in Overwatch will be permaban.
I suspect that's mainly because banning people in Overwatch doesn't cause a loss of a monthly sub like it does in WoW. Other people will have other opinions on that issue.
There is deff a problem if you are asking for players to have access to never being flagged.

Warcraft isn't for you.

Excuse me? If I want to never pvp thats my choice.

Unless you type /pvp or attack a PVP flagged NPC, you have that choice now. Ever since they fixed the Censor in Mists.

Actually, no

Flying in or out of Stormshield on a fp or on my own mount, forceflagged. Fly even an inch too close to Wintergrasp in Northrend, forceflagged. Throw a ball (and yes I tested this the other day) to another player in Stormwind who was pvp flagged, I was forceflagged as well

If you overfly Volmar in Tanaan, and I mean overfly, not land in....forceflagged,

Did Kazz the other day, a player was pvp flagged...and a few seconds later so was everyone else.

You can still be flagged pvp without your consent or you typing anything. Reported this multiple times..still happens.

The system is still bugged, still broken.
05/17/2016 09:24 AMPosted by Hyrc
05/17/2016 08:52 AMPosted by Macávity
I don't like PvP because I suck at it.

I get into a BG and there's people dancing around jumping in circles like it's the Sharks vs. the Jets instead of the Alliance vs. the Horde, spamming CC, and I'm dead within 2 seconds before I even had a chance to hit a button.

Not really my cup of chai.

If it were more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPlZW0Apis Then I might get into it. That seems like much more a fair fight, two characters going toe-to-toe and slugging it out. But, all this dancing around and jumping circles like a lunatic, meh...I just can't keep up so I pretty much never PvP.

So instead of putting in the time/effort to get good, you just want everyone to stand still and not put up any challenge. Got it.

I'm not going to put in time and effort to get good at something I don't like doing.

I suck at chopping down trees, doesn't mean I should go get an axe and start railing on them six hours a day until I can do it like a pro.

Same with PvP...if it were more like the video I linked, I'd probably get into it because it seems like more the playstyle I would like to play instead of having to learn and practice at a playstyle I don't like to play.
05/16/2016 09:13 PMPosted by Verbatim
What would you like to see in PvP that would make it more fun to you?

Remove other players.

I'm sorry, but there is no system you could set up where I have to harm other players trying to enjoy the game that I will find enjoyable.
05/17/2016 09:29 AMPosted by Heädhunter
05/17/2016 09:26 AMPosted by Macávity

So what is he crying about?

Well you seem to be rather bothered by the fact that most players would not like to be flagged for PvP, and that this desire should somehow disqualify us from enjoying the game. I'd like to hear a defense of your position.
05/17/2016 09:27 AMPosted by Teradan

because you're playing the game wrong. Standing out in the open, using your trinket at the wrong time. Of course you're going to think PVP is just a stunfest.

So there's a wrong time to pop a trinket that is my only way of getting out of a stunlock? Please, do tell me when I should be using it then...when I'm running to an objective, on my mount perhaps?

The last BG I tried, a few weeks ago on another toon, I died about 9 times - every single time I was stun locked, broke it when I could, and then immediately again lost control of my character. Whether it was stun, or fear, or whatever...losing control of my character is the best way for me to NOT have fun in a game.

Like others have said on this thread, it's like ripping my controller out of my hands. And, while I'm capable of getting better at a game with enough effort, like most everyone...PvP just doesn't hold enough interest for me to expend the effort.

Que sera, sera.
the reality is PvP is popular, in this game? maybe not as much and only the pvp balance team is to blame for that.
05/17/2016 09:27 AMPosted by Shadethistle
make it so that when you are losing, you are not losing quite so badly. PVP feels great when you win, and terrible when you lose. Something that can bridge that gap a bit would be nice.

You're literally the type of person who ruins pvp in games.
Losing should feel bad. And winning should feel good.
There should not be any rewards or "gap" for losing.
Step out of your garrison once in a while to practice in duels and wargames so that you suck just a little bit less.
As you start to suck less and less, maybe you'll stop losing so much.

Summary: git gud.
These threads always degenerate into, "My way is the best way or you suck because...."

I've been playing rpg games for years and whether it is WoW, Mass Effect or Fallout, PvE is where I find the greatest enjoyment. I enjoy questing and getting into a story line.

Gaming has a diverse player base.
05/17/2016 09:35 AMPosted by Hyrc
Step out of your garrison once in a while to practice in duels and wargames so that you suck just a little bit less.
As you start to suck less and less, maybe you'll stop losing so much.

Summary: git gud.

I think this little diatribe pretty much answers the thread's title question in three short words: People like this.
Stop making it something we have to do to get X,Y or Z for the PvE portion of the game.