CRZ Rant

General Discussion
On the topic of CRZ and low population realms; I have 7 100’s split between 2 reams, one pvp realm, one pve realm and I have noticed that on my pve realm almost nobody that I encounter is actually from that realm. They are all CRZ players. I was in shalozar basin last night looking for a rare and of the 12 people I encountered none of them were actually from my realm. Needless to say this seriously reduces the possibility that I will be the one to encounter the rare since I am falling over people from other realms also looking for it. I chose a low population realm for a reason; I don’t particularly want to trip over crowds of people but damned if blizz didn’t make it a reality for me anyway. Rant over…
I was in some old Outland zones last night and no zone had fewer than 50-100 players. And yes, players were literally standing around waiting for quest boss respawns, there was competition for ordinary mobs, gathering was ground almost to a halt, etc.

And this is why I won't spend much of my own money on this game.

Was it better than the chick flick my wife was watching? Yes, but only barely.
05/17/2016 09:25 AMPosted by Quisto
I was in some old Outland zones last night and no zone had fewer than 50-100 players. And yes, players were literally standing around waiting for quest boss respawns, there was competition for ordinary mobs, gathering was ground almost to a halt, etc.

Good news is in Legion the shared mob tagging will be for all zones.

Now we just have to hope the other player doesnt 1-shot the mob.
CRZ should be turned off when you hit Outlands and all the content after ....
CRZ ruined old world content. Everything is camped so heavily now. There are those players that enjoy a quieter game (this isn't about solo play, it is a slower pace - to trolls can take that MMO argument and stifle it). Those who play on lower pop servers choose to deal with the economy etc, we shouldn't have to deal with the ramifications of encountering the. what we perceive as problems, problems of high pop realms. Such as competition for mobs, nodes, general over population of zones, etc..
05/17/2016 08:55 AMPosted by Kitaine
I have noticed that on my pve realm almost nobody that I encounter is actually from that realm. They are all CRZ players.

Unless people actually took a realm hop, every single one of those people in CRZ were all on "their" own realms. It isn't your realm that you are complaining about sharing, those same people are also complaining about you being on "their" realm.

It's the difference between being on the swings in your own backyard, and going down to the park where there are better swings... everyone starts out in their own yard but then they have to share those swings.
05/17/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Cihys
It isn't your realm that you are complaining about sharing, those same people are also complaining about you being on "their" realm.

Yes, we are all pushed to a shared space. CRZ complaints have nothing to do with who owns the space and everything to do with playability. CRZ negatively impacts a players ability to simply get on with the game because of the fantastically intrusive nature of wildly overpopulated zones.
Make a Belf on Farstriders (or Silver Hand/Thorium Brotherhood) and go into Silvermoon City...lots of Blood Elves...as far as the eye can see...all from Moon Guard.

Actually, I don't have a problem with CRZ...at all...it gives a little life to servers like mine.
I was under the impression that (*) at the end of the player name means that the player is from a different realm. Is this not true? Because all of the players I was referring to had the * at the end of their name, which is why I assumed they were all from other realms.
05/17/2016 09:45 AMPosted by Quisto
05/17/2016 09:33 AMPosted by Cihys
It isn't your realm that you are complaining about sharing, those same people are also complaining about you being on "their" realm.

Yes, we are all pushed to a shared space. CRZ complaints have nothing to do with who owns the space and everything to do with playability. CRZ negatively impacts a players ability to simply get on with the game because of the fantastically intrusive nature of wildly overpopulated zones.

What I love about this complaint is it's all perception. In their OP they even outline the problem - they see other realms as a marker of 'us vs. them'. They're not on MY realm so I don't want to see THEM. It's an INVASION!!!!!! Rather than an opportunity.

It's a hilarious arbitrary marker. CRZ has valid issues (all the downsides of a full realm and none of the benefit), but the fact that you have to SEE! OTHER! PEOPLE! remains a complaint rooted in an evolutionary anachronism where large groups strangers were potentially threatening.... and not just a bunch of dudes driving pixels.
05/17/2016 09:53 AMPosted by Kylane
Because all of the players I was referring to had the * at the end of their name,

And when they looked at you, you had it too :)
CRZ really ruined PvP servers as well.

It used to be that if you were leveling, you would run into other players from your same realm and you would likely encounter them again and again over the next few days. This led to friendships, it lead to rivalries between players, it even led to rivalries between entire guilds. Whether you were helping someone finish a quest or else battling for dominance in PvP combat, you felt like your reputation was on the line, like the outcome actually mattered.

Ever since CRZ were implemented, realm communities have never really been the same.
05/17/2016 09:31 AMPosted by Keeler
CRZ should be turned off

You could have ended your sentence right there.
05/17/2016 09:28 AMPosted by Adzello
05/17/2016 09:25 AMPosted by Quisto

Good news is in Legion the shared mob tagging will be for all zones.

Really, you mean we can camp the warbringers in MoP and we don't have to beat the other 4 people to the tag ?
With CRZ we have shared nodes and rares, but not a shared market for the resulting items

But no, that's just me "wanting a single player experience" and totally not an ongoing flaw of CRZ

Then there's the flawed argument of "It could have been killed by someone on your realm anyway." But it wasn't

"But it could have been" But it wasn't.

"But what if it was?" I. Saw. Them. Looting. The. Corpse. It. Wasn't. From. My. Realm.

"It still could have been" But it wasn't

05/17/2016 09:28 AMPosted by Adzello

Most the players will, unfortunately